IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

I agree that the labeling of the lights are a tad confusing - they simply say that the engine generator is not powering the bus (for whatever reason).

They do not say that the generators aren´t working or that the buses are not powered.

In general it can be said that you want those lights to NOT be on if you are flying the aircraft, although there can be certain MEL or non-normal conditions (one engine generator inop) where you would see that (if the APU is powering the bus associated with the failed generator).

Cheers, Jan

41 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I agree that the labeling of the lights are a tad confusing - they simply say that the engine generator is not powering the bus (for whatever reason).

They do not say that the generators aren´t working or that the buses are not powered.

In general it can be said that you want those lights to NOT be on if you are flying the aircraft, although there can be certain MEL or non-normal conditions (one engine generator inop) where you would see that (if the APU is powering the bus associated with the failed generator).

Cheers, Jan

I appreciate your explanation, I just memorized incorrectly.
Anyway, I've really enjoyed flying 737CL. Thank you so much for update and please keep it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmbaviator said:

how to know when an update has been released ?

As @Pils mentioned above, email/forum post from X-Aviation is the 'official' way.

Soon though, we'll be putting up web based info, similar to the MU2...and the version listed at the top will be the most current version released.  We won't change that version # until the actual release.  Usually we synchronize updating the online info with the release itself, its part of our deploy checklist.

So if you wake up one day, wondering if you've missed a release, you can check your version in X-Plane (use the 'Customize' button inside X-Plane to see the version)...and compare that against the version listed at the top of the (soon to be posted) docs.  It will look like so when posted:

image.png

So the current version listed inside X-Plane is now "1.5"....and that screenshot above shows what it will be when we make the next release and this info is put online.  

So just another way of checking versions.

-Tom

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 2:05 AM, mjrhealth said:

I dont think you understand how the skunkcraft updater works, it looks for altersd, missing and updated files, and only replaces deletes as necessary. Means you may only need to download 300 meg for an update than the full 1.5gb. Its far more efficient especially for those on low bandwidths. But it means your tied to another developer and another cost. No reason why Gizmo couldnt do the same thing.

I agree with you! But still, a great product like ixeg and many others do not need constant updating based on "skuns up". Because everything is done with Love for the model from the very beginning in the releases. With Grizmo I have no problems with the software, I update and confirm the license cyclically and move on to flying.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, Litjan said:

Which backlight do you feel too weak?

Landings feel a bit different in XP12, you need to concentrate on not letting the nose drop as you approach the runway, raise it by ca. 3 degrees as you go through 30 feet and leave power on a second longer.

FMC panel. (Is that the FMC? Yes, the "typewriter" pad thingy down there. (Can you tell I'm a pilot?) Letters and numbers veeeery dim at night, but I'll read the other replies.

Thanks about the taxi lights, and for the landing tip. I'll try...

So, Litjan, you say there's no backlight for the letters and numbers on the FMC, is that it?

I'm flying with the newly sent fix and everything working fine, but the windshield wipers are still not working. 

I get the polys and lighting problem, so no worries. One thing I noticed that's pretty minor, but it's noticeable at night is the "phong" (or no phong) in the throttle base and the trim wheel. You can see the polygons, so it's a thing for the art department to fix, but as I said it's pretty minor. Pic attached. (Phong or "soft edges" or "round", it goes by many names, but it's a thing that rounds off the polys, so it appears like a smooth curve. Didn't notice that in daylight.

poly_phong_thing.jpg

30 minutes ago, axmiha said:

I'm flying with the newly sent fix and everything working fine, but the windshield wipers are still not working. 

As mentioned in our update email, the recent patch was solely focused on addressing the Level 2 activation issue. We’ll be addressing the windshield wipers and other noted issues in a subsequent update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

44 minutes ago, Cameron said:

As mentioned in our update email, the recent patch was solely focused on addressing the Level 2 activation issue. We’ll be addressing the windshield wipers and other noted issues in a subsequent update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Indeed, sorry.

1 hour ago, axmiha said:

you say there's no backlight for the letters and numbers on the FMC

Hi axmiha,

I thought you were talking about the screen itself - but the keys should have backlighting that comes up with the center pedestal rheostat, which they don´t! So thank you for reporting that!

That "phong" you see is not showing on my screen, but I have seen something like that before, I think it may depend on graphics card settings/driver/anti-aliasing?

1291207092_throttlestand.thumb.jpg.613cfb4d4fc709430be72431e44d2750.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Litjan said:

That "phong" you see is not showing on my screen, but I have seen something like that before, I think it may depend on graphics card settings/driver/anti-aliasing?

Could be, I'll check. Did you check at night with the cabin lights? I think it depends on some angle the light comes in. But it's no big deal, whatever it is. You guys have bigger birds to land (as in "bigger fish to fry"). Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, axmiha said:

Did you check at night with the cabin lights?

You are right, I can see it with the "front galley lights" being on!

I think it is an artifact of X-Plane´s lighting engine resolution, lights that are further away will have less resolution when it comes to their lighting effects to save on rendering performance (kind of like the shadows do, too).

I think the ultimate goal her is to emulate the cockpit door and rear wall being really opaque...so that there is no lighting from the cabin if the door is open (in the real airplane the galley lights go dim when the cockpit door is open).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

You are right, I can see it with the "front galley lights" being on!

I think it is an artifact of X-Plane´s lighting engine resolution, lights that are further away will have less resolution when it comes to their lighting effects to save on rendering performance (kind of like the shadows do, too).

I think the ultimate goal her is to emulate the cockpit door and rear wall being really opaque...so that there is no lighting from the cabin if the door is open (in the real airplane the galley lights go dim when the cockpit door is open).

Good enough. Thanks. I thought the "phong" thing because I sometimes forget and get that in some models, which is a pain in the arse.

Awaiting the wipers, then. Funny that I almost never use the wipers, but now that the plane is out, it's raining everywhere I go! Followed your instructions and managed a much better landing, but still, as soon as I touch down, the nose goes down and bangs on the runway really quick. Do you cut the power completely off around 10f or something? Or just after touching down? I see guys cutting off around 30 or 20. Maybe I'm coming in too slow, already at ref speed before touch down. But I'll get there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cloudfreak1 said:

Hi IXEG-Team,

many thanks you bring this beautiful airplane to xp12 ,it was my way to x-plane years ago

one point i have not seen in your buglist : Brightness of left and right PFD not adjustable, NDs works!

Are you using this control? 

Brt.jpg