IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

Congrats to the IXEG team. I am very excited to fly the 733 again. I purchased it in 2016 and have flown it hundreds of times since. I was missing it in X-plane 12. I can’t believe it has been that long. There is something about her that is hard to describe: the sounds, subtle vibration, and sense of mass. I'm not sure what it is, but it is remarkable.

For me to only pay $15 more is ridiculous. I will find a way to pay it forward. I can’t wait till Friday.

By the way, the old ixeg YouTube channel is/was so good. I learned so much from Jan's videos that I would practice the techniques repeatedly. (The first preview video of the IXEG 733 was published 12 years ago)

https://www.youtube.com/@IXEG1/videos

• Like 1

Hi

Nice to hear about the release, many many thanks to the developpers for your efforts!

Concerning the price and to the people criticizing it, I wonder if they can understand the efforts behind these developments. I wonder if they can understand that a company needs also money to survive. I am afraid not. Another thing I don´t care much what was said in the past about the price. You cannot warranty the price for such a long time full of uncertainties. It is up to the developpers to fix the price and update it according to their estimations. The customers can pay it or not. I will do.

Again many thanks for your development!!!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Medway said:

Did it say it was free when you purchased it? If not then that message doesn't apply to you.

On the date I bought it in 2018, my friend, X-Plane 12 was not even in Laminar's mind.  Obviously nothing would have been said about FREE at that stage.  It was added when X-Plane 12 came out-therefore it should be for all previous customers.   Stands to reason.  Not so difficult.

3 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

On the date I bought it in 2018, my friend, X-Plane 12 was not even in Laminar's mind.  Obviously nothing would have been said about FREE at that stage.  It was added when X-Plane 12 came out-therefore it should be for all previous customers.   Stands to reason.  Not so difficult.

The economic reality is the upgrade was complex and seems to have taken longer that IXEG hoped so they can't afford to have done all that work for free.

6 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

It was added when X-Plane 12 came out-therefore it should be for all previous customers.   Stands to reason.  Not so difficult.

We do appreciate your support Hermann, but your conclusion here is a subjective one. 

The product pages at XA are provided "for prospective customers consideration when evaluating a purchase", They are not policy pages, warranties or guarantees.  Once one has made a purchase, that page, conceptually,  goes out of context.  

I find this reasonable.  I bought a Dell monitor a year ago.  For me to keep an eye on Dell's "sales page" and try and argue that "current deals offered to prospective customers" on those pages should be retroactively applied to my purchase over a year ago is not reasonable in my opinion.  I respect you have your perspective though mine is different. Certainly your perspective will be taken into consideration for future wordings so your points are noted.

On a broader level though...you stated previously that you thought the IXEG was great and I thank you for that.   If we didn't charge for this update, then I would have never started the update and we would have absolutely declared the IXEG end of life at Version 11 and I would have moved on from X-Plane development. As it stands, I hope to now support the IXEG for years to come and also develop new products.  Your support, whether you agree with some elements of the effort or not, does play a part in that.  If you choose to purchase the upgrade, I hope you still find the IXEG to your liking and we'll endeavor to keep at it making it better.

-tkyler

• Like 9

2 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

Is there or will it be any official or unofficial IXEG Discord server ?

Not for the forseeable future.  This is simply a matter of time and logistics atm.  I have 'X' number of plates I have to keep spinning, not only for this X-Plane work, but also life in general.  I'm creeping up on that age where the less things I have to think about the better.  I have given this some thought, but unable to work it in so don't think about it currently.

-tkyler

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cameron said:

Currently, our team is focused on ensuring a smooth and successful release, which means all our resources are dedicated to preparing the release package. As such, we won't be releasing any official pre-release videos. However, given the popularity and anticipation for this upgrade, we're confident that many streamers will be showcasing the product once it's out.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we prioritize delivering the best product experience for everyone on release day. We're excited for you to experience it firsthand!

Thanks for the reply, Cameron.

Any time (utc/eastern summer time) for the general public access?

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

Not for the forseeable future.  This is simply a matter of time and logistics atm.  I have 'X' number of plates I have to keep spinning, not only for this X-Plane work, but also life in general.  I'm creeping up on that age where the less things I have to think about the better.  I have given this some thought, but unable to work it in so don't think about it currently.

-tkyler

It makes perfect sense!

Thanks and i'm looking forward for tomorrow!

On 9/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, jcjimmy said:

Talking about time; what time will the IXEG B737 be released on Friday?

We can't say exactly.  We wake up (GMT -5/-6), start our 'deploy checklist' and when everything is a go, its a go.   Not unlike a rocket launch.  Sometimes its earlier, sometimes its later.  All I can tell you is I myself like to get these things out the door before it too late in the evening local time.  Its a tiring process which requires recouperation before the release support, which of course is in demand immediately.  So I like to try and get some sleep while folks expect us to be sleeping.  

Of course, this is always a bit rough on those waking up on the east side of the pond....waking up many hours before we do and having to wait a bit. Obviously my evening is close to their next day.   I'm sorry about that in advance....darn global economy!

The ultimate goal is to "...allow folks to have it as early as possible for the weekend"...which is why we commonly target Fridays, so the eastern hemisphere folks get it for the weekend.  Folks just on the western side of the dateline will have it the roughest...might even go into Saturday for them.  The whole 'Friday' context applies to our local time here in the US.  

That's the best I've got.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

And just a heads-up from my side:

I will be away flying DLH507 from Friday afternoon to Saturday morning, landing around 8:45Z in EDDF. I won´t be able to man the forums and give technical advice and log problems until later that afternoon, plus I have a family outing planned on Saturday night to celebrate my 53rd birthday that I spent here in Sao Paulo, away from my family.

So give us a chance to catch up with everything over the weekend, I will certainly try to get through the backlog on Sunday.

There are bound to be some problems and issues that slipped by me and my testflights, but as Tom already said, we are going to be on deck in the days and week after the launch and the plan is to have a very short turnaround time on critical fixes.

I am excited to hear what you guys think!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 14
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Saturday night to celebrate my 53rd birthday that I spent here in Sao Paulo

First, happy birthday!

Second, I hope you had yourself an awesome lunch/dinner in the restaurants in São Paulo (Av. Paulista) area, if it's closer to where you guys have the hotel. But since it has been 5 years since I left São Paulo, I cannot provide any good suggestions, unless you're looking for a late night munchies, go to any black dog hot dog place for the most delicious, infamous, monstrosity, that my people do with hot dogs.

• Like 1

Oh dear, there you got me into a corner where I never wanted to be in. Back then when the upgrade was announced I said I would buy it once it really brings the fixes I've been waiting for (most notably the FMS). But I'll certainly not pay the full price again, so I can now only chose between biting the bullet and paying for a promise (with not too much confidence it will be delivered this time tbh), or scrapping the 733 for good.

• Upvote 1