IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

I purchased this aircraft on 11 February 2018.  On the XAviation site it states clearly "X-Plane 12 update will be free." (Screenshot)

No mention at all of having to pay for it again!  

What a farce!  In the e-mail newsletter received 13 September 2023 it says that "customers purchasing on or before 6th February 2022, the upgrade will be available at $14.95 USD!  XAviation got us again!

I've been using this aircraft since 2018.  Surely I should get the better deal being such a "dedicated pilot".

The second time in a week that XAviation gives us a raw deal.  First the LES Douglas DC3 which is to all purposes unusable and now the IXEG  B737 sold again to loyal customers.

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Downvote 6

26 minutes ago, Quan said:

It's been mentioned repeatedly ever since the update was announced

It might have been mentioned elsewhere but their website as he shows in the image clearly states FREE update - no mention of on or before date in 2022 so it is misleading.

I have no issues with the nominal fee but as above they should have been clear.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, hermannk1 said:

I purchased this aircraft on 11 February 2018.  On the XAviation site it states clearly "X-Plane 12 update will be free." (Screenshot)

What a farce!  In the e-mail newsletter received 13 September 2023 it says that "customers purchasing on or before 6th February 2022, the upgrade will be available at $14.95 USD!  XAviation got us again!

I've been using this aircraft since 2018.  Surely I should get the better deal being such a "dedicated pilot".

The second time in a week that XAviation gives us a raw deal.  First the LES Douglas DC3 which is to all purposes unusable and now the IXEG  B737 sold again to loyal customers.

Capture.JPG

Yeh I agree here .. I got mine in 2020 so guessing us loyal customers from the start have to pay more 

Should be the other way around 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

Of course, this is very good news.
And of course, this will be a must-buy upgrade for me to this wonderful model.
But there's one question that's bothering me.
After purchasing and updating the XP12 version, will I still be able to use the old IXEG737 version with XP11???
I only fly in VR, and XP12 is unfortunately still a less pleasant experience for me than using XP11 (at least until I invest in the development of my computer).

Well... now I know what videos I'll be making over the weekend. The newly-designed cabin and having doors that open alone are worth the upgrade price. Having a new GUI? Priceless! I am surprised there was no email from X-Aviation about this butthe surprise is nice!

Serious question... did pilots back in the day when the -300 came out really rely on VNAV much? I tend to favor manual descent, especially since there's a green banana anyway. Just curious.

John

5 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

Capture.JPG

Did it say it was free when you purchased it? If not then that message doesn't apply to you.

8 hours ago, fleurenf said:

Nice. What will the full price tag be for non previous owners? Also does it have WX and Terrain radar?

Shows 84.99 now, used to be 74.99 I believe.

From sales page:

EGPWS terrain display

Weather radar system with tilt, showing X-Plane´s precipitation, ground returns, allows overscanning

Edited by Medway

25 minutes ago, gfsa said:

Let me see If I got this right. For the dedicated pilots, you have a payware upgrade, for the undedicated, a freeware upgrade? 

Also, XP11 Version will still be the same cr*p, but with better N1 modeling lool 

What was the price you paid for it? Is it possible the users who get the free upgrade also paid more at that time?

• Pils featured this topic
  • tkyler unpinned this topic
  • Cameron locked this topic