IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

14 hours ago, Litjan said:

How did I know this would get asked? :D:lol:

You made me laugh too :) No wonder, I've only been using XP for a year. And of course, I did not read so carefully from the very beginning, the topic on the forum dedicated to IXEG 737 :)

I have one more question. Flying the IXEG 737 in XP12, I noticed when I shut off the center fuel pumps when the center tanks had 200kg of fuel left. At the same time, the fuel indicator shows that the fuel in the central tank is gradually decreasing over time, although the pumps are turned off.
So it should be?

The second question is the weather radar. Is it possible to connect a weather radar to the second officer's EHSI.
Why did I ask this? When landing in bad weather, it is necessary to turn off the weather radar in order to better see the readings on the EHSI displays. Therefore, the separate control of the weather radar on the navigation displays was convenient to use during the flight.
I don't know how the weather radar works in a real airplane, but I would like to clarify this point for myself.
Thanks!

Hello,

after using the IXEG 737 classic several times successfully with Xplane12 on my M2 Mac it doesn't work anymore...

It shuts down directly after loading, engines speeding down and it shows several master cautions. Systems are on, but restart is impossible. I've didn't change anything... Starting option is still ready to fly. New Installation of the aircraft model did not help. Changing the joystick profile did not help...

If anybody has an idea I would much appreciate :-)

Thanks!

Tobias 

3 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

So it should be?

Scavenge pump :)

http://www.b737.org.uk/fuel.htm

(Scroll down to about midway, the scavenge pump system is explained there)

3 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

The second question is the weather radar. Is it possible to connect a weather radar to the second officer's EHSI.
Why did I ask this? When landing in bad weather, it is necessary to turn off the weather radar in order to better see the readings on the EHSI displays. Therefore, the separate control of the weather radar on the navigation displays was convenient to use during the flight.
I don't know how the weather radar works in a real airplane, but I would like to clarify this point for myself.

It is possible in the real aircraft, but due to technical limitations it is not possible in our IXEG aircraft. We would like to fix that in the future.
To solve the problem you are reporting I would recommend to either fly from the FO´s side (and put the weather radar display on the CPT´s side) or you can DIM the weather radar returns (the brightness knob for the EHSI is actually TWO knobs, one is for wxr/terrain) so that they don´t blot out the navigational info.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Back on February 7th, 2022, a little after Laminar Research announced X-Plane 12 was coming, we published on the IXEG 737 product page that purchasing customers would receive a free product update to the X-Plane 12 version. Per that statement, we are honoring this free update for customers who purchased the IXEG 737 on or after February 7th, 2022. For customers having purchased the IXEG 737 on or before February 6th, 2022, the upgrade will be a paid upgrade of $14.95 USD.

Why was I still charged though I fall into that free update- category? You can check my purchase date from your logs, I presume?

I'm trying to fly this thing again... Haven't managed to get it in the air because of some bugs in the plane... Question for you 3:rd party addon makers? WHY don't you make the product operable? This is a fault with most of the addon makers; greed!

I hope this thing will be as nice as it was in XP11. Visuals don't help much if you can't fly the thting. "If it ain't Boeing, it ain't going" Well, this one isn't going anywhere. :ph34r:

On 10/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, tkyler said:

There is also a "weight factor" slider, that defaults to one, which represents 'average weights" for humans / baggage"

Oh, I had one question I forgot to ask; it seems like the "base" average weight is ~100 kg (multiplied by the "weight factor" when above 1.0), and there's no randomness when adding passengers to the actual payload, is that correct? Would you consider making the actual payload that's added in the background (to the load stations) be more variable as would be in real life? There's presumably several bell curves upon which airliners based their averages (summer, winter, adult, child, etc.). Excuse me if this is already the case, it wasn't clear from the post. Thanks!

Edited by Pils

3 hours ago, Pils said:

Would you consider making the actual payload that's added in the background (to the load stations) be more variable as would be in real life?

Tom and I discussed making load and trim a bit more realistic by adding "random" factors like this, but ultimately I convinced him to make the weight be accurate at all time. Two reasons for this:

1.) Normally the variance in weight will sort of "average out". Some people and their handluggage are more heavy, others are more light than the average weight. The actual weight could be off by maybe up to 1000kgs, something the pilot will not notice.

2.) Some people want to TEST the airplane against published data, and not being able to set up weight and balance precisely is a necessity when doing so (because you WILL notice the weight being off by 1000kgs if you do precise measuring).

Adding an option to randomize weights will only confuse people, options always carry the risk of confusing people, no matter how crystal clear the option may appear to you and me (as we saw with the option to switch between KGs and LBs)...

If you want to "realistically randomize" your weight, get someone living in your house to move the sliders by a small amount when you are not looking and then have them close the window and there you go :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Henri_65 said:

Why was I still charged though I fall into that free update- category? You can check my purchase date from your logs, I presume?

Because you should have got an email with a key, and you obviously never read any further, and you should have raised it when you looked at the purchase. it was discussed many times. I can only assume you have unticked getting update emails.

On 10/20/2023 at 9:54 PM, tkyler said:

Getting close to next patch.  As Q8 mentioned, the Preflight menu was a "step back", but I still contend we had to take that step back to take some steps forward.  So in the next patch, the following GUI will be avail on the PREFLIGHT tab.

From this GUI, you'll be able to set the start state as usual (via the RESTART button + checkbox state).  Also the quick "Plan fuel calculator" for quick fuel calcs is back.  For loading fuel, you'll now use a "Aircraft fuel request" panel to add your fuel.  You can hit the 'typical' button, which uses a common fuel config for most short hauls...or the "plan fuel" button, which takes its fuel amount from the "plan fuel calculator" ...or finally, you just move the sliders manually.  Each of these actions constitutes a 'fuel request'.   As fuel is requested, then you will see the amount requested below, along with the estimated time to refuel.  If you have the "real time fueling" pref enabled, then this will be on the order of minutes normally, but if that preference is unchecked, then the estimated time will show only a few seconds.   To actually add the fuel, you hit the 'start fueling' button.  The 'meters' on the right show the requested fuel (red lines) as well as the actual fuel.

The load sheet GUI is used to configure the weight and CG of the aircraft, by adding passengers and cargo and shifting the cargo around.  I don't have passenger shifting atm, they're currently 'well balanced' throughout.  You can drag a slider to add/remove passengers.   There is also a "weight factor" slider, that defaults to one, which represents 'average weights" for humans / baggage"....BUT if you want to overload the plane, or simulate say, a plane full of Sumo wrestlers, then you can up this slider to add some extra "density" to the passenger cabin payload.

There's a pulldown to view the cabin vs. cargo hold.  When viewing the cargo hold,  there'll be two sliders, one for "additional cargo", which is cargo not related to the passengers, which many airlines do carry...and there'll also be a "bias slider", where you can shift cargo between the front/rear holds to adjust the CG range and get the trim units value.  Adjusting the cargo hold loading between front/rear is the preferred way to tweak the CG.

Sorry we had to backtrack a bit before we could get this back in, but hope it helps maintain immersion by not having to go to the default XP menus for fuel and payload. 

Down below is what the cargo sliders look like (more or less...this was a few days back and there's been some slight improvements since then)

-tk

preflight_menu.png

This is great!! not too over the top, just does what it needs to and allows us to load without using the quirky X-Plane loading screen. Nice work team! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pils said:

and there's no randomness when adding passengers to the actual payload, is that correct?

There is a bell curve randomness to the mass values themselves, to both pax and payload, but not to the seating locations, i.e.  thats not a weighted algorithm, so it distributes rather evenly.  As Jan mentioned, we discussed this but he said,   'were building a flight simulation, not a payload simulation', and in the end, the result is an overall weight and a CG location, which is settable more easily now.

The main goal was to keep users "in the cockpit" for fuel/loading instead of having to go to the XP menus, which pauses the sim/sound and kills the immersion.

I may revisit this at some point as a personal challenge, but the FMS/FMOD work are waiting for their turn and that will take quite a bit of time so I'm anxious to get started on that.

-TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, tkyler said:

There is a bell curve randomness to the mass values themselves, to both pax and payload, but not to the seating locations, i.e.  thats not a weighted algorithm, so it distributes rather evenly.

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to reconcile this with what Jan said. So, for example, the individual pax load stations will have different values from flight to flight, but the overall total will always be very close if not exactly equal to the number of pax multiplied by the average and the weight factor, with a balanced C of G?

Thanks.

@Pils When the aircraft is 'populated', the weight and baggage is randomized "per passenger"...in addition, the per passenger contribution to the cargo vs. overhead is also considered and randomized.  I do this for all aircraft seats.  So the "possible" weight contributions "per seat" are determined first.  THEN, I randomize the seating arrangement, and that is what shows up relatively evently on the graphic...but the actual values "per seat" I don't know.   

THEN...I add up all the occupied seats "per zone/station"  and set the masses for those stations.  

On 10/24/2023 at 7:35 AM, Bulva said:

Will this also apply to simulations in VR mode  ???

We're still working through GUIs in VR Bulva....there as some headaches dealing with it, but we're looking at the integration for sure.

-tk

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

With the 733 does anyone know of a performance calculator or performance charts for landing? For things such as autobrake setting and flap setting? I have a few takeoff performance charts but nothing for landing with the exception of FMC performance for vref and the required landing distance chart provided by IXEG documents. 

Also just something I have wondered with the 737 classic and NG. Howcome on some occasions while hand flying the aircraft so AP off I notice the stabilizer trim moving on its own flowly like the AP is engaged. I notice this sometimes during takeoff and flap retraction and extension. Is it like some sort of stability system the aircraft have ? 

Hi!

You can use the included charts I added in the EFB function with the avitab...or if you don´t want to use the avitab, just look at the .pdf files.

The trim you notice is the so-called speed-trim system, it is active with flaps not up and high power settings and is indeed an automated speed stability system.

Did you look at my recent videos? I show how to use the avitab in the first one here (fast forward to 17 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehOXR__e9rU&t=33s

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply. I have notice the landing distance charts .pdf files. I was actually looking for something with a little more detail so I could get as much performance out of the aircraft during landing as possible. I actually found this performance calculator online (not affiliated) http://www.b737.org.uk/pilotnotes.htm#Classics its for a 737-400/500 but close enough for what im after. 

7 hours ago, PEPcessna said:

its for a 737-400/500 but close enough for what im after.

Yes, these should be good enough - the difference between a -500 at 45 tons and a -300 at 45 tons should be negligible. The -400 comes with stronger engines, so the landing distance on contaminated runways (where reverse thrust is taken into account) would be different.

I am unable to share my original data for legal reasons, unfortunately.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update to XEG 737 v1.5.2.

I immediately apologize for my question, I am sure it is known to many users of the model, but this is my first XEG 737 model.
Regarding my question, I am wondering how to properly upgrade to v1.5.2.
I received a letter in my mail, I downloaded the v1.5.2 installer. Do I need to uninstall the previous version of the model and install v1.5.2 or can I install v1.5.2 on top of v1.5.1?
Or is there a third option?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

Thanks for the update to XEG 737 v1.5.2.

I immediately apologize for my question, I am sure it is known to many users of the model, but this is my first XEG 737 model.
Regarding my question, I am wondering how to properly upgrade to v1.5.2.
I received a letter in my mail, I downloaded the v1.5.2 installer. Do I need to uninstall the previous version of the model and install v1.5.2 or can I install v1.5.2 on top of v1.5.1?
Or is there a third option?

Thanks!

The update installer will handle the uninstall and upgrade install process for you.

• Upvote 1