IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

1 hour ago, Splash said:

That's correct, that's my opinion. It becomes a bit of risk from business perspective when many people share the same sentiments. Watch flightdeck2sim stream and read user comments. In addition, having so few users on XP12 and the aforementioned comments, don't expect mega sales any time soon.

Funny thing other 737 pilot didnt draw all the same conclusions, as for q8 pilot, he didnt bother to read anything if he had, he would have given better review knowing where it was at. I like his videos but he is consistent in his lack of research.

• Upvote 2

@LitjanFirst of all, good evening, I'm really enjoying the aircraft, but I still feel that it's very basic, as I can't do certain procedures like Hold, offset, etc., could you answer some questions? First, any predictions on when they will implement HOLD on the aircraft and the FMS? because I try to set up a hold at a certain fix, I can't, these are very necessary procedures for those who fly on the IVAO and VATSIM networks.Second, I also cannot reduce the indicated speed manually without VNAV active, is there any provision for the aircraft to perform a VNAV following restrictions and the ideal descent, but with manual speed interference by the pilot?third, the better pushback plugin is not doing the pushback as it should, it does not follow the pushback prealignment

Edited by RenatoSampaio

I can not predict how fast we will be able to implement HOLD and offset, but HOLD and PROG page are very high on the priority list.

You can - however - fly all procedures without those functions, you can use the FIX page to put in the holding fix and paint in the radials and then just use HDG SEL and the stopwatch to fly holdings.

You can also fly all profiles in selected modes like vertical speed or FL Change and adhere to profile descents that way just fine.

No idea about better pushback, sorry.

All the best, Jan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splash said:

That's correct, that's my opinion. It becomes a bit of risk from business perspective when many people share the same sentiments. Watch flightdeck2sim stream and read user comments. In addition, having so few users on XP12 and the aforementioned comments, don't expect mega sales any time soon.

I may need you to visit Quebec from December until March, that will save tons on de-icing salt for us. Geez.

2 hours ago, Splash said:

In addition, having so few users on XP12 and the aforementioned comments, don't expect mega sales any time soon.

It's quite intriguing to observe the range of opinions and interpretations surrounding the release and uptake of X-Plane versions. To set the record straight, X-Plane 12 has seen the most substantial sales of any X-Plane release that Laminar has ever put out. Although I'm unable to share specific numbers, it's essential to base opinions on factual data.

Contrary to some perceptions, X-Plane 11 is largely considered by many in the industry as a platform that has seen its prime. The vast majority of the market has transitioned to X-Plane 12.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, N452MK said:

So how im supposed to activate the gizmo, the aircraft is activated far as I know. So this is a second procedure to make the plane work? Please explain @sasha

Currently, there seems to be a Level 2 failure affecting a small portion of our users. We’re actively investigating the root cause and are committed to resolving it as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated, and we will keep our users updated with any developments on this issue. There is nothing you can personally do to fix this.

We apologize and thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Splash said:

I am speaking out as I see it. Please watch the last stream from Q8 Pilot, he shares similar sentiments.

if cut/paste is the way you and Osamah you see it...then I think you guys may need some glasses...or better ones (see screenshot....if you can :P )  Seriously..just some good natured ribbing.

What's really going on here is,  "ok, yes you clearly did a LOT of work on that cabin Tom, but I don't care about the cabin at all..so it might as well be the same thing..what about the stuff I want?...holds, a virtual FBO...animated passengers".    .....and that perspective @Splash is OK with me.  I get it, I really do.

We know what will get said before it gets said. ..this isn't our first rodeo.   Osamah isn't telling us anything we don't know...he's basically telling us he wished there was something new, but we were quite clear this "port" wouldn't have much new that you could see.  Oh there's a ton of new stuff for sure...but its under the hood where you can't see it and indeed you guys may not see the benfits of that for a time yet.  But there are a lot of customers who can and do still enjoy it while we improve it. ..and that's why we do this.

But therein lies our path, to leverage this work we know is important and start working towards those things we know you want.  Things we knew you'd want long before Osamah or flightdeck2sim said it.

Jan said it well...we hope you join in when you finally do see what you like.  

Tom

compare.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tkyler said:

we hope you join in when you finally do see what you like

I think this is a good approach. However, I find it strongly misaligns with the 60 day time-limited upgrade option, where users are being asked to upgrade in good faith/people are being pushed into FOMO.
I would have gladly paid a little more for the upgrade to make the economics work and not have the time limit. (Or, if necessary, an early bird $15-20, but with a later option to upgrade for $25-35). This is purely anecdotal of course, but I have not once re-bought an add-on at full price/higher price that had a time-limited upgrade offer nor do I know anyone that has. 

Anyway, I've said my piece on this. That said, I'm personally very happy with my $15 purchase for the compatibility update and feel like you guys did a good job managing expectations for the update with a lot of patient explaining on here beforehand, and so I don't doubt good intentions for bringing more updates to the plane. I've had the MU-2 for close to 10 years, and the fact that I can still fly that plane today says a lot and does not apply to a lot of devs.

At the same time, I am hoping for more for the IXEG. But I'm sure us users and you devs feel the same about that one. :) 

10 minutes ago, dr_nerdrage said:

I would have gladly paid a little more for the upgrade to make the economics work and not have the time limit. (Or, if necessary, an early bird $15-20, but with a later option to upgrade for $25-35). This is purely anecdotal of course, but I have not once re-bought an add-on at full price/higher price that had a time-limited upgrade offer nor do I know anyone that has. 

I understand and respect your perspective. Pricing and upgrade strategies are always a challenging balance between covering development costs and keeping customers satisfied. We’ve based our decisions on years of data and experience in the market. There will always be a range of opinions, but we feel we’ve struck a reasonable balance. We believe in maintaining transparency and good intentions with our customer base, but our stance on this matter remains unchanged.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued customer. We're more than confident the updates ahead will get much love, and for that we're excited to have you on the journey with us.

• Like 3

In case it has not been posted before :

Workaround for the Level-2 check issue :

- choose start up with engines running in IXEG dialogue (apply settings) AND in XP12 aircraft menu ! 

- OR choose turnaround state in IXEG meu (apply settings) and uncheck start with engines running in XP12 arcraft menu

Then shut down XP and restart and the bird is alife as wanted. Log file shows "Level-2 check good" then.

Doing the settings above wrong leads to "Level-2 check FAILED".

I was not able to get the bird alife from c&d anyway.

1 hour ago, FlyerC3 said:

In case it has not been posted before :

Workaround for the Level-2 check issue :

- choose start up with engines running in IXEG dialogue (apply settings) AND in XP12 aircraft menu ! 

- OR choose turnaround state in IXEG meu (apply settings) and uncheck start with engines running in XP12 arcraft menu

Then shut down XP and restart and the bird is alife as wanted. Log file shows "Level-2 check good" then.

Doing the settings above wrong leads to "Level-2 check FAILED".

I was not able to get the bird alife from c&d anyway.

it didn't work for me, but thanks anyway!