IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

9 hours ago, Simmerdiman said:

What happens after 60 days? Will I have to purchase it at full price?

Pricing will reflect full retail after this period.

8 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

What a farce!  In the e-mail newsletter received 13 September 2023 it says that "customers purchasing on or before 6th February 2022, the upgrade will be available at $14.95 USD!  XAviation got us again!

I've been using this aircraft since 2018.  Surely I should get the better deal being such a "dedicated pilot".

A gentle reminder that this is not the first time you're hearing of this. You posted about it back in April, and you were given detailed replies as to the situation: https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/26540-ixeg-737-classic-for-x-plane-12-announcement/?do=findComment&comment=190694

6 hours ago, spreilly said:

Hey so I hate to be that dude again, but any change or update on the 737-400 or -500?

We don't have any changes with regards to that, and being fully transparent, nothing has even started. That's a very long way out (if at all)!

5 hours ago, Bulva said:

After purchasing and updating the XP12 version, will I still be able to use the old IXEG737 version with XP11???

Yes, the v11 aircraft will stay available in your account!

4 hours ago, Bearviation said:

I am surprised there was no email from X-Aviation about this butthe surprise is nice!

Serious question... did pilots back in the day when the -300 came out really rely on VNAV much? I tend to favor manual descent, especially since there's a green banana anyway. Just curious.

There was an e-mail that went out! :)

Regarding VNAV: it's been explained by @Litjan that in his days of flying with a major airline on the 733, LVL CHG was favored over VNAV.

2 hours ago, gfsa said:

Let me see If I got this right. For the dedicated pilots, you have a payware upgrade, for the undedicated, a freeware upgrade? 

We view it that all X-Plane 10 users got free upgrades to XP 11, and all XP 11 users got to enjoy it through the whole XP 11 run. That's years of time for their invested purchase. When XP 12 released, new customers needed assurance that their investment was not going to be dead in the water right after purchase. We needed to continue to fund the project to keep it alive. We feel the $14.95 reflects a fair value for an insane amount of work put in over the last 9 months. Hopefully majority of others will too. :)

1 hour ago, N452MK said:

can u share what liveries will be on it and the old ones will work?

All original liveries will be included. All third party liveries will also continue to work, so nothing has changed there! 

• Like 4

Fantastic news! Like I've said many times before, this has to be one of my favorite birds of all time. 15$ for a XP12 upgrade is very compelling indeed, so It's a no-brainer for sure. This is the one aircraft that has prevented me from uninstalling XP11, but on Friday the transition will be complete... Yey! 

A couple of questions, will the FMOD-soundpack be available on release, or will it come later? And are there any further texture-improvements for the outside model in the future? 

5 minutes ago, Torbjoern said:

A couple of questions, will the FMOD-soundpack be available on release, or will it come later? And are there any further texture-improvements for the outside model in the future? 

The FMOD sound pack is planned for a future update and won't be available immediately upon release. It's important to note that the IXEG 737 already boasts a custom 3D sound engine. So, when the transition to the FMOD sound pack is completed, the sound experience should remain largely consistent with what users have grown accustomed to. Most users will likely not even note the difference.

As for the texture improvements on the external model, yes, the intention is to update some textures and 3D. As a whole, this product has help up quite well in that department though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

I purchased this aircraft on 11 February 2018.  On the XAviation site it states clearly "X-Plane 12 update will be free." (Screenshot)

No mention at all of having to pay for it again!  

What a farce!  In the e-mail newsletter received 13 September 2023 it says that "customers purchasing on or before 6th February 2022, the upgrade will be available at $14.95 USD!  XAviation got us again!

I've been using this aircraft since 2018.  Surely I should get the better deal being such a "dedicated pilot".

The second time in a week that XAviation gives us a raw deal.  First the LES Douglas DC3 which is to all purposes unusable and now the IXEG  B737 sold again to loyal customers.

Capture.JPG

Did it say there is a free upgrade to XP12 on the webpage the day you paid for it in 2018? The answer is no. Anything on a store page applies to people about to purchase, same thing if you bought a graphics card in 2018, and now its $400 cheaper in 2023 for the same card on the webpage, do you now expect to get a refund?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bearviation said:

Stupid question perhaps... I already loved the sounds of the XP11 version - is that the "custom 3d sound engine" of which you speak? Because I cannot imagine it getting any better than that. Seriously!

Your question isn't stupid at all! Yes, the sounds you loved in the XP11 version are indeed the result of the custom 3D sound engine created by @tkyler. This engine was developed before X-Plane integrated FMOD, and it's what gives our products like the IXEG 737 and the Saab their distinct audio quality. We're proud of the immersive sound experience it provides and are glad to hear you enjoy it as much as we do! One day it will sunset in favor of FMOD though. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gfsa said:

Let me see If I got this right. For the dedicated pilots, you have a payware upgrade, for the undedicated, a freeware upgrade? 

A year ago, a friend bought his son (now 14) a copy of the IXEG.  Before, his son was not in a life place to desire/enjoy the 737 but has recently become interested in Aviation and flight simulation.  Is he undedicated because he purchased within the last year?    There are 'new' flight sim enthusiasts every day.  They do not deserve to be called undedicated.

For the rest of you folks who understand economics and the software dev cycle....and value your time / work and also respect the value/time of others work,  I thank you and appreciate you.  I know there's a of you out there.  

This update is intended to be a foundation from which to continue improvements on the IXEG.  XP12 broke a lot of stuff and "band-aids" weren't going to get it done.  Towards that end, some answers to recurring questions..which will be regurgitated elsewhere at release.

• Operational functionality is the same as V11 currently.  (i.e. no change to FMS)  Last 9 months were spent in 'repair' of areas broken in V12 and getting back to baseline.
  • Plan going forward is to focus on 4 areas (in no particular order).
    • FMS/vnav    
    • FMOD sounds  
    • New 3D exterior.
    • Mac ARM suppport
  • The above items will take a while.  We'll begin work on this immediately, indeed already in process.
  • Any cargo, 400/500 variants takes a back seat to the items above, if at all.  Minimal demand.
  • Unsure the time frame for ARM support.  I myself deal with this and run Rosetta currently.
    • we understand many MAC users may not find this acceptable until ARM support.  We're on it.
  • A new 3D exterior will be provided one day.  When so, the old liveries won't work; however, folks can still use the old 3D exterior if desired.

Again,  I thank those who understand the economics!

-TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bearviation said:

is that the "custom 3d sound engine" of which you speak? Because I cannot imagine it getting any better than that. Seriously!

Potato / Pa-tah-to  it seems.....

I recall one reviewer on Youtube once said,  "The sounds of the IXEG are mediocre"...and recommended a "sound-pak" which was much better.  He probably had tinitus :P 

Having used FMOD on the MU2, I have a reasonable feel for it and while it is powerful,  It does take 2-3x the work in FMOD than it did in code only.  That being said,  it does open the door for more immersive sound implementations and certainly ensures future compatibility, which after this V11 / V12 transition work, has taken on a new level of importance for us.

But reset assured,  we'll make sure the sound immersion holds up.  Its a major part of the experience for sure.

-TomK

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

Regarding VNAV: it's been explained by @Litjan that in his days of flying with a major airline on the 733, LVL CHG was favored over VNAV.

Errr... What?  I flew the real B-737-300/400/500 for a major airline back in the 90s, and we used VNAV almost all the time, with the exception of some "old timers" that came from the DC-10, B-747-200/300 (due to age restrictions for International flights and came to the narrow body), and still did not have confidence in that technology (still new at the time) and always used LVL CHG in descents, but as I said before, they were just a few.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hamilton01 said:

Errr... What?  I flew the real B-737-300/400/500 for a major airline back in the 90s, and we used VNAV almost all the time, with the exception of some "old timers" that came from the DC-10, B-747-200/300 (due to age restrictions for International flights and came to the narrow body), and still did not have confidence in that technology (still new at the time) and always used LVL CHG in descents, but as I said before, they were just a few.

Thank you for sharing your experience. What I mentioned was based on the input from a long-serving 737-300 Captain. As with many things in aviation, practices can differ based on the airline, pilot preferences, and many other factors. This is why I qualified my statement with "in his days."

If you'd like to discuss this in more depth, @Litjan, who's also well-versed in this area, would be more than happy to engage in a discussion, I'm sure. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

For the rest of you folks who understand economics and the software dev cycle....and value your time / work and also respect the value/time of others work,  I thank you and appreciate you.  I know there's a of you out there.  

Definitely very reasonable and dare I say surprising. I'm very happy to pay the update fee and ensure a future for the IXEG. Looking forward to Friday! 
(Side note: the one thing I do not understand are time-limited upgrade options. Despite the very consumer-friendly price, I find this very anti-consumer.)

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

This update is intended to be a foundation from which to continue improvements on the IXEG.

1 hour ago, tkyler said:
  • Plan going forward is to focus on 4 areas (in no particular order).
    • FMS/vnav    
    • FMOD sounds  
    • New 3D exterior.
    • Mac ARM suppport
  • The above items will take a while.  We'll begin work on this immediately, indeed already in process.

Just out of curiosity, and sorry if this has been stated elsewhere: are your intentions (not promises! I understand things can change) for these to be free updates for "upgraders"?

@dr_nerdrage,

Thank you for your feedback and understanding about the pricing. We truly appreciate your continued support!

Regarding the time-limited upgrade options, we understand how it might be viewed from a consumer's perspective. The intent behind it is to offer a token of appreciation to our most dedicated users while balancing our business needs. We'll be sure to remind customers multiple times leading up to the conclusion of the discount period.

To answer your question about future updates: it's our intention that the updates for "upgraders" will be free of charge.

Thanks again for being a part of our community and for sharing your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you in the skies on Friday! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearviation said:

Stupid question perhaps... I already loved the sounds of the XP11 version - is that the "custom 3d sound engine" of which you speak? Because I cannot imagine it getting any better than that. Seriously!

John Bauder/KPSP

Absolutely, I must say the IXEG 733 has (IMHO) the most real engine sounds ever developed for an airliner on X-Plane (and maybe other sims too), the Flyby engine sound, specificaly... is the most realistic I've ever eard... I hope that won't change on FMOD transition.

1 hour ago, dr_nerdrage said:

Definitely very reasonable and dare I say surprising. I'm very happy to pay the update fee and ensure a future for the IXEG. Looking forward to Friday!

I second this in every word! An upgrade fee, should be completly acceptable, considering the time and resources invested in, and I was expecting something no less then 20 or 25 USD, generaly charged by other devs... so paying only 15 bucks to have a top quality aircraft (my favorite boeing!) to fly on XP12... I say it it too, looking forward to friday! 

Edited by S3rg1o

As I wrote earlier, I will buy the update for this really small amount of money on the first day, treating it as an expression of my great gratitude for the effort and the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful plane in XP12. Even though I still only use XP11 and it will probably be a long time before I switch to XP12.
This symbolic fee is a thank you for the work of the Creators and an encouragement for their further updates. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GusRodrigues said:

can we have some pre release videos? Or there will be some youtube streamers showcasing the upgrade before release?

Currently, our team is focused on ensuring a smooth and successful release, which means all our resources are dedicated to preparing the release package. As such, we won't be releasing any official pre-release videos. However, given the popularity and anticipation for this upgrade, we're confident that many streamers will be showcasing the product once it's out.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we prioritize delivering the best product experience for everyone on release day. We're excited for you to experience it firsthand!

4 minutes ago, Bulva said:

As I wrote earlier, I will buy the update for this really small amount of money on the first day, treating it as an expression of my great gratitude for the effort and the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful plane in XP12. Even though I still only use XP11 and it will probably be a long time before I switch to XP12.
This symbolic fee is a thank you for the work of the Creators and an encouragement for their further updates. ;-)

Thank you for your support! :)

11 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

I purchased this aircraft on 11 February 2018.  On the XAviation site it states clearly "X-Plane 12 update will be free." (Screenshot)

No mention at all of having to pay for it again!  

The second time in a week that XAviation gives us a raw deal.  First the LES Douglas DC3 which is to all purposes unusable and now the IXEG  B737 sold again to loyal customers.

Capture.JPG

At the end of the day, you have to look at it like a business and not a charity, mate. If yall can't grasp the idea of this then there is something wrong with everyone whinging about it.. It makes sense to me to honour the free upgrade to someone who has just recently spent $85  on a product to then have to again pay to upgrade it.. If you cant save £15 in the space of 2 or 3 etc years to upgrade then I don't know what to tell ya lol. A loyal customer like my self will happily pay to upgrade, you know, to support the developers.

Jesus can we please just stop with it now cos im already in a bad mood, come home and read a bunch of schoolkids crying about a 10ner...   

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

There was an e-mail that went out! :)

Just so you know, your system might say it sent the email, but it didn't to everyone! There's not one in my inbox nor my spam. Not that it matters at this moment, since I'm sure I would receive the discount code email later, this is just for your awareness!

(I've received other informational emails in the past, about the SR22 for example. Unless this was a "general promotional email" and not one related to products I own like those were.)

Edited by rosseloh

30 minutes ago, rosseloh said:

Just so you know, your system might say it sent the email, but it didn't to everyone! There's not one in my inbox nor my spam. Not that it matters at this moment, since I'm sure I would receive the discount code email later, this is just for your awareness!

(I've received other informational emails in the past, about the SR22 for example. Unless this was a "general promotional email" and not one related to products I own like those were.)

Your customer account shows you are unsubscribed from general newsletter e-mails, so this makes sense.

• Pils featured this topic
  • tkyler unpinned this topic
  • Cameron locked this topic