IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

I give up for now.. I put download real world weather on and back to square 1 again.. I cant see anything out of the ordinary on msi afterburner and on plugin admin so I don't know what the problem is. I think I'll wait till the Latest Gizmo is out and future updates.. Not gonna lie, bit bummed out v.v . 

Rig rundown just in case cos it is a dinosaur  

Intel I5 6600K

Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti 

Ram: 16GB DDr4

Running off SD drive

3 minutes ago, Vanadeo said:

Rig rundown just in case cos it is a dinosaur  

Intel I5 6600K

Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti 

Ram: 16GB DDr4

Running off SD drive

Make sure you run in a low resolution (max 1920x1080) and not at maximum texture resolution. You are probably hitting your VRAM limit or CPU bottleneck...

51 minutes ago, Pils said:

So we only really need it for the "Ready to Fly" state? That's understandable at least. If we use one of the other two as default state then it doesn't matter if the box is checked or not? Thanks.

FYI @Pils....this release really is 'foundational' with an eye on moving forward.  Indeed we've had to strip out a few things to make way for more remodeling.

Part of our roadmap is to not only focus on the aircraft proper, but also develop more informational resources, i.e. a web-based documentation system to augment the written stuff, similar to the MU2....so there will be an 'IXEG website' where we can put out this kind of information, documentation and other value added content for users to access.

NOW...will folks read the stuff we provide then?   who knows :)  but we're going to be putting it out there anyhow.

TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, xplaneBoy said:

Anyone else think the pitch on takeoff is still really over sensitive?

Also do we need experimental flight model on

One has to relearn a bit how to rotate the 737 - a very gently input to start the rotation, followed by more "pull back" at 10 degrees and then relax again as the plane climbs out.

Also make sure you set the trim correctly according to your center of gravity (use the MAC% from the X-Plane Weight&Balance GUI).

There is no such thing as experimental flight model in X-Plane 12.

13 minutes ago, tkyler said:

NOW...will folks read the stuff we provide then?   who knows :)  but we're going to be putting it out there anyhow.

Would be a great resource for pilots who wish to educate themselves and to point people to, I think. I also like the 'things not going to be in vX.X' post as it makes it transparent about what to expect, now and in the future :)

On 9/16/2023 at 12:30 PM, Matchstick said:

What I did was start a flight with the 737 which worked fine, then went back to the main menu and started the flight from a different location, which then fails to load the aircraft properly because of the Level 2 authentication failure.

On my system at least, even with no plugins enabled this error appears 100% reproducible.

Same here. 

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

It would be nice to add the IXEG 737 to SkunkCrafts Updater so automatically the plane can be updated online.

Pat

Absolutely! most recent addons use it, it simplifies updating process, so why not IEXG use it too? I won't break activation checks... just saying.

Edited by S3rg1o

7 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

Absolutely! most recent addons use it, it simplifies updating process, so why not IEXG use it too? I won't break activation checks... just saying.

X-Aviation have their own ways of doing things. The developers won’t be getting involved with SkunksCrafts to use theirs. :)

Edited by Pils
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lonnie said:

Thank You TKLER, That Is A Very Nice Presentation For The Updated 737 Classic..

You're welcome.  we wanted to have this up and running prior....but in the heat of battle,  it slipped through.  Hopefully when this 'infrastructure remodel" thing is done,  information will be more cohesive and intuitive to find.   Eventually we'll have a more comprehensive docs section for the IXEG similar to the MU2 (example below)

http://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/

-TomK

Edited by tkyler

20 minutes ago, S3rg1o said:

Any news from XA regarding Gizmo level 2 checks?

Not yet. Some of the team are currently traveling home today.    For those wondering why they're out of town on a release weekend, please see the follow....and accept our apologies while we work to correct this asap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Not yet. Some of the team are currently traveling home today.    For those wondering why they're out of town on a release weekend, please see the follow....and accept our apologies while we work to correct this asap.

Thanks for the heads up! No worries! take the time needed. 

Edited by S3rg1o

59 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Thanks for the update. Some wear-in is expected with every release. No worries. Appreciate that you guys have been on here, keeping us updated. For me that is the most important. Bugs will sort themselves eventually. IXEG was my first payware back in 2017 and I'm grateful that it is being given a new lease on life in XP12

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jenijek said:

I think that the installer that is used in ixeg and other developer products is the best option for installing and updating the product. Not everyone has decent and high-quality internet that can be updated online and through “skuns up”

I dont think you understand how the skunkcraft updater works, it looks for altersd, missing and updated files, and only replaces deletes as necessary. Means you may only need to download 300 meg for an update than the full 1.5gb. Its far more efficient especially for those on low bandwidths. But it means your tied to another developer and another cost. No reason why Gizmo couldnt do the same thing.

• Like 1

What bothers me the most is reading "license invalid" on Gizmo console ! I never had such a problem with any legaly purchased software... it's really frustrating! I hope XA figures it out! I don't think it is an issue to be solved by IXEG...

Edited by S3rg1o

On 9/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, jmf55 said:

This is what I am dealing with. Happens everytime. Removed plugins, uninstalled 737, reinstalled. Also seeing the Level-2 check fail each time. I click retry and we're done. 

Screenshot 2023-09-15 182535.png

Screenshot 2023-09-15 182719.png

Log.txt 107.13 kB · 0 downloads

This has been resolved. I had barely used XP12 so I did a full XP12 dump and fresh install.

Appears to be okay now. I was also having issues with the DC3 several days before the 737 release but I wasn't getting this error. DC3 appears to be okay also.

I did try the ol' remove plugins technic and uninstalls/reinstalls of the 737 beforehand. No joy.

That was my solution for a barely used XP12.

• Like 1