IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

13 minutes ago, jeffreymg said:

Is the cockpit view menu been taken out? I was looking at the left lower corner and that pop out window was not there.

Jeff

“Removed the Views Popout Menu in the lower left corner. X-Plane has supported customized views via keystrokes for some time making this feature unnecessary and redundant.”

I would like also to thank you for this great addon, it's a pleasure to be back on the left seat of the 737-300!

As I was taking it out for a spin this morning, I've noticed couple of small bugs, I don't know if those were reported somewhere else. The wiper switch is not working and the doors annunciator do not lit up (of course, with the doors opened). Also, although I know that we don't have a loading panel any more, which is fine by me, it would be nice to have a load sheet with ZFW, Fuel and payload in the menu.

Thank you, have a great day!

Edited by dtiganas

9 hours ago, Pils said:

Same as before, with Navigraph.

i installed the AIRACS manually in the folder Aircraft/X-Aviation/IXEG 737 Classic Plus - you can setup FMS Data Manager paths to point to this folder and save them so every cycle update they will install in the correct folder

87.jpg

• Upvote 1

I thought you would get the XP12 version for free if you bought the machine in XP11 after a certain time. My purchase date: Date:Saturday 08 July, 2023. How do I get the XP12 version for free?

EDIT: in the junk mail folder was my free upgrade. I came across it by chance because the email was from Thursday. Thank you 

Edited by PierreGER

The spool up of the engines during start is a concern for me, and moving back into XP from a period in MSFS I can’t help but notice that the quality of the displays (ND etc isn’t as crisp even in 4k). 
Nice to fly the classic again though and will keep a close eye on developments and improvements! 

Edited by Ianb2469
Sp

• Litjan unpinned this topic

Why is there expiring date on the Coupon?

As per current release it doesn't merit for me to upgrade (I need to see changes brought up to spec with quality expected in 2023). It is literally copy/paste from XP11 with a coffee pot which I don't care about.

Therefore, the coupon should not have expiry date, I don't want to be (same goes for all customers) forced to upgrade until I see some serious improvements.

• Like 1

I am speaking out as I see it. Please watch the last stream from Q8 Pilot, he shares similar sentiments.

I believe you can do better especially what I see in MSFS in terms of graphical fidelity/sounds.

Either way, remove the expiry date from the Coupon. This way customers are not forced to pay for something they don't want until the promised changes (if any are delivered).  This is how software industry works, you don't pay upfront for promises, you pay for deliverables.

Please don't take this personally, but this is how it is right now.

If you want some references look at:

PMDG 737

Upcoming BlueBird's 757

Upcoming Airbus 380

• Like 2

Just now, Splash said:

I am speaking out as I see it.

You (and Q8 Pilot) are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

If you decide at a later stage that the (full) price for the XP12 variant is warranted, I am looking forward to seeing you as a customer. If you do not, I wish you always happy landings with a competing product, there certainly are a lot of great ones out there!

All the best, Jan

• Like 2

Hi guys, bugs I noticed:

(I have xplane v12.06 no beta, no plugins, only x.aviation plugin)

-wipers switch not working, (tried to control via keyboard bid but got Lua script error)

-FMC fuel predictions are completely incorrect and destination fuel prediction is missing on PROG page 1

-standby IAS showing 0 all the time. (i double check it in warm weather so no icing issue)

• Like 1

That's correct, that's my opinion. It becomes a bit of risk from business perspective when many people share the same sentiments. Watch flightdeck2sim stream and read user comments. In addition, having so few users on XP12 and the aforementioned comments, don't expect mega sales any time soon.

Edited by Splash
  • Like 2