IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

On 7/9/2023 at 8:57 PM, tkyler said:

Thank you for the encouraging words.  Some times it seems like this process never ends.   Every finished task seems to illuminate another. ...and to think this is just the "V12 Port +"  process.   I can't wait to redo the entire 3D exterior and refactor the navdata code :P.   

-tk

For what it’s worth as an operator of the type, the closer system-functionality matches reality the happier I am. Especially regarding the FMC and autopilot. The more I can replicate what I do in the real aircraft, the more I can develop myself and turn up to work a better pilot. You almost can’t put a price on that, however I would happily pay a large premium for an aircraft that has absolutely no cabin or external imagery yet has system functionality and manipulations that perform exactly as the real aircraft does.

Every difference requires a mental accommodation that gets in the way of immersion, so I truly appreciate it every time I can perform a task as I would in real life. Every single moment you spend on refining the functionality of this aircraft translates into real, tangible benefits to my proficiency. None of your effort is wasted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 7/9/2023 at 8:57 AM, tkyler said:

I can't wait to redo the entire 3D exterior and refactor the navdata code

Sure you can. Seriously though, are you saying we can expect a newer 3D exterior on the B733 (perhaps a dumb question since you just said it :blink:). As for me, I haven't a clue what refactoring the navdata code means. Care to elaborate?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

Care to elaborate?

its a fancy way of saying "reprogramming".   We use a very old XML data format for our navigation data for the FMS...and we are wanting to move to XPlane's 'V11' navdata format , which is bit more modern with regard to flight plan leg types.  So I have to "reprogram" all my code that parses these navdata files.

You can expect a new 3D exterior at some point.  Its my goal to make the IXEG as 'modern' as can be, similar to the MU2, so that it can be viable for many years to come.  It takes a while, but if done right, it also lasts a while.

And squeezing in a 'pop-report',  I'll be wrapping up the last of the 'port +' visual mods today and focusing on the last few items in our todo list.  I have a 10 day break for Oshkosh here beginning in about a week, but right after, we'll start the packaging for deployment process.  I'll post a more in-depth video tomorrow morning ~ish  (GMT-6) on the visual improvements...till then, here's the rear galley lighting.

-tk

rear_galley.jpg

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Ok...a little more on the -ish side than the morning side, but here's a peek into the cabin lighting as I tested the functionality.....with the intro showing some cabin door interaction.  The video compression is a bit heinous though.

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, tkyler said:

Ok...a little more on the -ish side than the morning side, but here's a peek into the cabin lighting as I tested the functionality.....with the intro showing some cabin door interaction.  The video compression is a bit heinous though.

Oh man, if the IXEG always was one of the best XP products, or the best, now i can assure it is a trully high end masterpiece, absolutely speechless, really can´t wait my friend, thank you very much!!

PD: would be really nice a wip of the wing flex effect

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aeropole657 said:

Question: Might it be possible to have a variant without the cabin?

That is very possible, not terribly difficult or long to implement actually; however, I'd have to give the full implementation some thought.  If I don't get that implemented by the initial release, I'll look at it fairly quickly after though....Its not a bad idea at all.  I know there are lots of folks like yourself who only view the IXEG from the cockpit and external views.  I'm unsure the FPS savings though, but will test.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

There may be some VRAM savings in this, but the actual framerate advantage will be very small, I think. I believe that XP does not render what you can´t see.

To test this, set yourself up at KLAX, runway 06R facing the city. Look at the framerate.

Now turn around and look out over the Pacific. Compare framerate now.

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, xplaneBoy said:

Please add a quick IRS align feature too

when u have the ground power set up and ur doing all ur pre flight planning, the align time doesnt matter, by the time ur done with inputting the flight plan and the buttons needed before the apu, it had already been aligned

parden my english, as its not my first language

Edited by Dominicanese
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

It is on our list - align time is around 13 minutes, I can get the plane ready in 5... if the flightplan is not too long ;)

Doesn't the align time depend on the distance to the geological north? When I used the 733 or now the 738, the align time was always ~8 minutes in middle europe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tkyler said:

That is very possible, not terribly difficult or long to implement actually; however, I'd have to give the full implementation some thought.  If I don't get that implemented by the initial release, I'll look at it fairly quickly after though....Its not a bad idea at all.  I know there are lots of folks like yourself who only view the IXEG from the cockpit and external views.  I'm unsure the FPS savings though, but will test.

-tkyler

Thank you very much -tkyler. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kasi said:

Doesn't the align time depend on the distance to the geological north? When I used the 733 or now the 738, the align time was always ~8 minutes in middle europe.

It does take EXTRA time if you are up in the high latitudes. I have to doublecheck but the regular full align time is 13 min, iirc. Misleading is the fact that the time to align shown on the IRS units starts with 7 minutes...and then stays at 7 minutes for the first 6 or so minutes and only THEN starts to count down.

So unless you really start the chronometer to time it, you will never see more than "7 minutes" TTA, which may lead you to believe that it is only 7 minutes total.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Litjan said:

It does take EXTRA time if you are up in the high latitudes. I have to doublecheck but the regular full align time is 13 min, iirc. Misleading is the fact that the time to align shown on the IRS units starts with 7 minutes...and then stays at 7 minutes for the first 6 or so minutes and only THEN starts to count down.

So unless you really start the chronometer to time it, you will never see more than "7 minutes" TTA, which may lead you to believe that it is only 7 minutes total.

Ahhh, thank you, didn't know that!

• Litjan unpinned this topic