IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, N452MK said:

Hello guys, sorry I been behind on the ixeg, im back into xplane 12 now and I just want to know if at least can be used in xplane 12 and if we getting close to an update, thanks

Closer than it was 6 months ago. You can also go back and read through posts saves repeating things,

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, N452MK said:

Hello guys, sorry I been behind on the ixeg, im back into xplane 12 now and I just want to know if at least can be used in xplane 12 and if we getting close to an update, thanks

You literally posted in the thread that's talking about the progress toward an update for XP12 compatibility...

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, Pils said:

EAA AirVenture isn’t over yet. :-)

It is now (thanks Pils)...and I'm still making my way back home.   We're pretty much done with the issues list for deployment and only have to get though technical infrastructure and deployment prep, but as mentioned before, that's not an overnight thing, but it is the 'final leg' of this route.  

The plan is to get this 'port + compatibility patch' out, which I'm sure will result in plenty of issues reported, but then immediately begin addressing those issues and start the road towards our planned improvements.  

The obvious 'improvement roadmap' consists of converting our sound work to FMOD,  improve FMS operation and finally a new 3D  exterior, these are the things to bring the IXEG into 'modern times'.   I'm sure this work will roll well into 2024 and the goal is to just keep going.   After those obvious items are addressed is when will think about any other 'options' to the product.  Its enough of a heavy lift job to overhaul this thing from 2009 tech as it is.

-tkyler

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Okay I think I'm going back to X-plane.. I will at some point get a bigger SSD to accommodate more sims but I just miss IXEG 737 and others too much, I'm so glad this is nearing completion!.  I don't have any qualms with paying $15 to upgrade at all. I have to wait maybe a couple of months anyway to get the funding (If I can help it.... Probably not :D) .. If it's available before then I think I'll go hungry for a month ;P hahaha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanadeo said:

Okay I think I'm going back to X-plane.. I will at some point get a bigger SSD to accommodate more sims but I just miss IXEG 737 and others too much, I'm so glad this is nearing completion!.  I don't have any qualms with paying $15 to upgrade at all. I have to wait maybe a couple of months anyway to get the funding (If I can help it.... Probably not :D) .. If it's available before then I think I'll go hungry for a month ;P hahaha.

You can replace your caffeine withdrawls with a IXEG fix.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 11:01 AM, tkyler said:

It is now (thanks Pils)...and I'm still making my way back home.   We're pretty much done with the issues list for deployment and only have to get though technical infrastructure and deployment prep, but as mentioned before, that's not an overnight thing, but it is the 'final leg' of this route.  

The plan is to get this 'port + compatibility patch' out, which I'm sure will result in plenty of issues reported, but then immediately begin addressing those issues and start the road towards our planned improvements.  

The obvious 'improvement roadmap' consists of converting our sound work to FMOD,  improve FMS operation and finally a new 3D  exterior, these are the things to bring the IXEG into 'modern times'.   I'm sure this work will roll well into 2024 and the goal is to just keep going.   After those obvious items are addressed is when will think about any other 'options' to the product.  Its enough of a heavy lift job to overhaul this thing from 2009 tech as it is.

-tkyler

You already said that there is no way to put 4k in the textures of the Cockpit due to the loss of performance. Could you at least put the textures in PBR like the cabin? Thanks!

4 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Could you at least put the textures in PBR

There are elements of PBR in the cockpit already, though not to the extent of the  cabin for sure.  I will make a pass over that at some point to determine how to best thandle this.  Our techniques at the time didn't have the 'power' we do today with Substance Painter.  So yea, I'll give it a look, but it will be  gradual process after other things are handled first.

-tk

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Been quiet here a while. Sorry for that.  Yes, still on this every day :)   We have slapped a release date on our own calendars finally, but of course we're not tossing that date out because our crystal ball isn't the latest model. To at least be able to see a firm date is encouraging. 

The delay since wrapping up the 3D/visual work is mostly due to my reworking of my code infrastructure to be more 'decoupled' and "libraryish", such that it can more easily be reused and applied to future work.  Because we're wanting to do new projects while improving the 737 also, I needed my old code to be a bit more flexible and it was just easier to begin that process now.   So hopefully the benefit of this phase of work will be seen with more rapid development down the line.   I hope that's the case :).

Sorry for delay in reporting,  I'm still happy to be doing this and ensuring I can continue to do so.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

Sometime later, you're going to do a major lift on the project?

that's kinda correct Frank... though 'sometime later' is actually to begin asap after the bug-fix phase following release.  The term "major lift" is probably somewhat relative to each individual though.  This is more evolution than revolution.  The plan is to prioritize the FMS/VNAV improvements first, then in parallel as able,  swap the sounds over to FMOD and begin a new 3D exterior model.   So for folks who spend 95% of their time enjoying the cockpit and don't care about the rest much....then elements of a "major lift" may not seem so major.  For folks who live for VNAV descents, then they may see the VNAV work as a major lift etc.  

Either/or, the plan is to continue on those elements listed above after release for sure and we'll evaluate other features along the way. 

-tk

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Dominicanese said:

any news on this beauty?

I absolutely understand the anticipation you must be feeling as you wait for this release! It's a thrilling time for all of us, and I can assure you that our team is diligently working away to bring it to you. We're following the latest update from Tom just last week, so everything is still on track.

Please keep an eye on our announcements, and we'll make sure to keep you informed as soon as there's news to share. Your patience and excitement mean a lot to us, and we're eager to deliver something fantastic for you! :)

• Like 16