TOGA Simulation MU-2 Marquise v2.1.0 Update Released!

There is no overlap in the code between the condition levers and the power levers directly; however, some other axes drive X-Plane code no matter what and we can't change that...which is why we have to move to other axes.   I consider this a Laminar oversight but they have bigger fish to fry and we have more axes to choose from and can save joystick configs, so they're not in any hurry to change this behavior.

The prop/throttle code does not share any 'joystick axis' inputs..that is there is no overlap of code; however, it could be that other axes inputs could trigger x-plane code if the hardware is noisy or bumped, which in could trigger my code, thinking there's some other hardware config and cause stuff to move.   All I can say is best practice is when it comes to props/throttles is, assign the levers desired and set all unused lever to none (or anything else but prop/throttle)...anything else would be a "I have no idea whats going on".   

-tkyler

5 hours ago, tkyler said:

There is no overlap in the code between the condition levers and the power levers directly; however, some other axes drive X-Plane code no matter what and we can't change that...which is why we have to move to other axes.   I consider this a Laminar oversight but they have bigger fish to fry and we have more axes to choose from and can save joystick configs, so they're not in any hurry to change this behavior.

The prop/throttle code does not share any 'joystick axis' inputs..that is there is no overlap of code; however, it could be that other axes inputs could trigger x-plane code if the hardware is noisy or bumped, which in could trigger my code, thinking there's some other hardware config and cause stuff to move.   All I can say is best practice is when it comes to props/throttles is, assign the levers desired and set all unused lever to none (or anything else but prop/throttle)...anything else would be a "I have no idea whats going on".   

-tkyler

Sounds good, you know your code, your explanations seem reasonable, and the workaround is probably the best practice anyhow.  So, everything is good as far as I am concerned.  Again, thanks for your quick response.

29 minutes ago, Debowing said:

I might be wrong but(it hard to see on video):
- You do not really need to press red buttons (primer?)
- Throttles should be at Ground Idle or at list lower than Flight idle.
- It looks like switches are on Crank, while should be in Run.
- Your Main tank is empty. Engines are feeding from Main tank in MU.

It seems last point is the most possible reason. XP12 managing fuel wrong way for Mu.
If you concerned - try one of mine amended ACF (and fuel loader) here in the forum.

Edited by OneOffRegistrationUser
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OneOffRegistrationUser said:

Your Main tank is empty. Engines are feeding from Main tank in MU.

Correct....no fuel in main, no engine start.  You can transfer fuel into the main tank by setting both fuel transfer switches to OFF...and then turning the 'outer pump' switch to MAN...you should observe fuel increase in main, and decrease in outers.  After engine start...when you put the fuel transfer switches back to AUTO, then the tips will begin filling up the main tank.

OR...you can simply use X-Plane's fuel settings dialog to put fuel in the center tank

OR...using the MU2 pref dialog, click "fill main tank"

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Debowing said:

I find that whatever I do I cannot seem to be able to start the engines.

Log.txt 134.6 kB · 0 downloads

Do you have an assignment or keyboard shortcut to the "Toggle both levers to/from emer stop" function of the levers conditions?
I had such an assignment that prevented starting the engines, even if I didn't use this function. I removed this assignment and I was able to start the engines.

• Upvote 1

A small item in XP12 as the files in the attached zip show.  The strips just inside the windshield posts that I believe are associated with the windshield de-ice are fragmented with irregular fragments flickering in and out.  The phenomenon seems to vary depending on the light level.  This did not appear to occur in a flight I made with the Marquise in XP11.  In XP11, I believe that the strips stayed fully visible for the entire flight as expected.

Not what I would call a high priority item, but something I noticed in each XP12 flight of the MU-2 that I have made.

994799144_MU-2windshieldirregularities.7z

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I just try now download the new 2.1.0 version.

I run installer, uninstall the old version and finished the installer correctly, but i still have 2.0.4 version.

Really 2.0.4 version, becuase i try, not working the outboud VOR inner 20NM range.

I still use the XP11 and MAC os Monterey.

Maybe did i something wrong?

On 5/21/2023 at 7:53 AM, tkyler said:

@tADEUS73

Thx for the kind words.  I agree, it is a bit different and you do need to get through the hardware setup and get to know it before it begins to grow on you, but once it does, it is a good amount of fun IMO.....which is why I continue to work on it.  Thx again.

-tkyler

Yes, the MU-2 takes a long time to get everything set up the way you want it.  Takes a lot of pouring over the manual and studying how to operate it properly.  But in my experience, the planes that take time and effort to learn are the most rewarding to fly.  Once I put in the time and effort and went through some frustration, the MU-2 became the most satisfying plane in my X-Plane fleet.  It continues to be my favorite aircraft to fly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What a Beauty. And what a Challenge to manage it. I purchased it this Morning and need the whole Day until now before my first Flight with it. Okay, ATC was mad about me but no Crash. :)

And still enough to read and learn about this Aircraft. I like it.

Heinz-Juergen

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is one of the best craftswork for X-plane out there! Top class!

The aircraft itself is a (speed) beast. It challanges the pilot in many ways, but once you become confident in the handling it's very rewarding. Just keep those training patterns going.

Tom's model with a balanced flight model, outstanding graphics with passion love for details and a great system depth (=love for technical details) is a ++joy++ to fly! Great fun from flight prep to shutdown!

Thanks Tom (and the rest of the team)! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, randomdisplayname said:

Or does it work only after certain amount of ice has already built up?

unsure, I haven't examined closely as it has been (historically), a simple system that traditionally has just worked, but easily it could be X-Plane has made a change I didn't catch. Noted to check this before next release.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

After much umming and aaahing, watching YouTube vids and reading copiously, I bought the MU-2 yesterday, and so glad I did! It seems to inspire a lot of affection and devotion amongst it's users, and after less than a day I can understand why. It feels quite different to all my other PayWare aircraft (of which I have more than I should!) but in a good way. Everything appears to have had more care & attention paid to it - from the action of the switches to the general wear and tear, it's a joy just to investigate all the nooks and crannies and see what's what!

I was concerned that my rather anaemic iMac with it's 6 core i6 and 4GB VRAM wouldn't cope, but I'm getting the same frame rates as I do in the stock LR C172 which given the complexity of the aircraft is astounding. No idea how you've managed that but I suspect sorcery!

Still trying to master the engine start procedure, which seems quite convoluted and counterintuitive, but is certainly accurate - I just need more practice and a deeper understanding of the systems, which is quite right and proper. Ground handling/taxiing is still a bit 'lively', but I did manage to hurtle around the Greek Islands at a ridiculous rate, and even managed an exciting but not terminal landing at Santorini! I found it quite a job to shed all that speed for the approach - my guess is that I need to start the approach from much further back and gradually let the speed bleed off.

Anyway, I could ramble on, but suffice to say it's an absolute gem. Enormous thanks and kudos to @tkyler and anyone else who's had a hand in its development. Hands down best aircraft I've bought.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Erny_Module said:

After much umming and aaahing, watching YouTube vids and reading copiously, I bought the MU-2 yesterday, and so glad I did! It seems to inspire a lot of affection and devotion amongst it's users, and after less than a day I can understand why. It feels quite different to all my other PayWare aircraft (of which I have more than I should!) but in a good way. Everything appears to have had more care & attention paid to it - from the action of the switches to the general wear and tear, it's a joy just to investigate all the nooks and crannies and see what's what!

I was concerned that my rather anaemic iMac with it's 6 core i6 and 4GB VRAM wouldn't cope, but I'm getting the same frame rates as I do in the stock LR C172 which given the complexity of the aircraft is astounding. No idea how you've managed that but I suspect sorcery!

Still trying to master the engine start procedure, which seems quite convoluted and counterintuitive, but is certainly accurate - I just need more practice and a deeper understanding of the systems, which is quite right and proper. Ground handling/taxiing is still a bit 'lively', but I did manage to hurtle around the Greek Islands at a ridiculous rate, and even managed an exciting but not terminal landing at Santorini! I found it quite a job to shed all that speed for the approach - my guess is that I need to start the approach from much further back and gradually let the speed bleed off.

Anyway, I could ramble on, but suffice to say it's an absolute gem. Enormous thanks and kudos to @tkyler and anyone else who's had a hand in its development. Hands down best aircraft I've bought.

Just watch that roll too right on takeoff.

• Like 1