IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

I know it's unrealistic to ask, but sun reflection on X-plane glass instruments ignores the fact that there is a fuselage blocking the sun from behind.

not sure if the @tkyler will be able to avoid the sun reflection on glass.

what I'm saying is this - (this was taken on KEYW on march 21st on rw 09 at low sun angle) a330-sun.thumb.png.85525fbbf84fded17594b06c080fdead.pngnd sep 21st

1 hour ago, GusRodrigues said:

will be able to avoid the sun reflection on glass.

I'm campaigning for this to Laminar.....the ability to exclude light sources from reflective surfaces...but as of this moment, I don't believe we can.

I'll squeeze in a quick report here also.  Just completed all the interior cabin texturing....at least 99.5% of it....and now I'm working on the lighting for the rear galley. Lighting for cabin/front galley already done.   Next week some time I'll begin the final punchlist items list and we'll start looking to wrap things up to package for release...that's not an overnight step, lots of checks have to be made, but we're definitely coming to the end of this V12 port +  process.    

I'm going to start calling this the "V12 compatibility patch + (plus)"....becuase its exactly that.  A port of the existing V11 functionality  to V12, PLUS a few extra 3D stuffs thrown in.   I want to make sure people understand this isn't some "V2" with all new 3D throughout, revised FMS/VNAV etc.....that work comes after this release...this is to get folks flying the 733 in V12.   Here's a update screenshot of the new cabin/rear galley....the works that's been going on the last 4 weeks.  

-tkyler

interior-1.jpg

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Pils said:

Will you do a beta, be it closed or open?

No closed beta, and no plans to call it an open beta at this time.    While its been a lot of work porting things over, its been more about calibration of the flight model, flight testing and accomodating some new datarefs than a massive overhaul of the entirety of the system.  We'll be on 'rapid standby' after release to address obvious issues though and get critical patches out quickly.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 5

On 6/22/2023 at 1:35 PM, tkyler said:

I'm campaigning for this to Laminar.....the ability to exclude light sources from reflective surfaces...but as of this moment, I don't believe we can.

I'll squeeze in a quick report here also.  Just completed all the interior cabin texturing....at least 99.5% of it....and now I'm working on the lighting for the rear galley. Lighting for cabin/front galley already done.   Next week some time I'll begin the final punchlist items list and we'll start looking to wrap things up to package for release...that's not an overnight step, lots of checks have to be made, but we're definitely coming to the end of this V12 port +  process.    

I'm going to start calling this the "V12 compatibility patch + (plus)"....becuase its exactly that.  A port of the existing V11 functionality  to V12, PLUS a few extra 3D stuffs thrown in.   I want to make sure people understand this isn't some "V2" with all new 3D throughout, revised FMS/VNAV etc.....that work comes after this release...this is to get folks flying the 733 in V12.   Here's a update screenshot of the new cabin/rear galley....the works that's been going on the last 4 weeks.  

-tkyler

interior-1.jpg

Looks amazing, I will be posting on FB and other forums to motivate people into it, wish you get a tons of order and keep as much motivated as possible on this... thank y'all so much to bring this all the way to XP12, more than happy to pay for this patch and looking forward to buy different versions like 400/500/F if that still a thing.

• Like 4

On 6/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, tkyler said:

...  Here's a update screenshot of the new cabin/rear galley....the works that's been going on the last 4 weeks.  

Really beautiful, but I'm afraid of FPS in the new version. I loved the 733 in v. XP11 for its excellent performance (FPS) and smooth simulation  ;-)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2023 at 1:35 PM, tkyler said:

You're more than the MVP here sir.

Thanks for replying and the feedback. Upgrade on Day 0 purchase for sure.

• Like 1

Boeing 737-300 American Airlines

American_Airlines_Boeing_737-300_Silagi-

91741_1145768773.jpg

2323450492_ffb492a7b8_b.jpg

it really is a beautiful aircraft

I remember flying from DR to curacao, (dont ask what airline it was, cause i was a kid, been too long. all i remember was the plane) ,monthly from santo domingo to curacao with my grandparents alot, this was back in the 90s, it was either, and a 727 and or a 737-200, always those 3 aircrafts

• Like 4

On 6/25/2023 at 9:27 AM, ThorBrasil said:

any chance of releasing a 4k texture pack in PBR for the cockpit

not very likely no.  The cockpit texture, being the center of attention and in view for the majority of the time was optimized quite well for 96 DPI monitors IMO and still looks good......assuming a reasonable camera distance from surfaces.   Also, since we did this work way back when, before Substance Painter was a thing...it'd be a massive undertaking to try that.  

Of course if you put the camera quite close to a surface, there will be 'jaggies', but philosophically, I'm not in that camp. I'd rather optimize performance for the 95% use case (pilot-ish viewpoint +/-)  rather than the 5% use case (peruse 3D closeup under a microscope after buying).

-tk

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doglover said:

Any updates? Really excited to fly this bird in xp12.

you and me both.   Still working on it every day (except weekends...really need my mental breaks)....there's just tons of little details to tend to, especially with lighting control and tweaks.  I just finished swapping out all the old exterior lighting with the new V12 lighting yesteday, so that's the latest thing I worked on.  Still moving down the punchlist.

-tk

nightlight.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

you and me both.   Still working on it every day (except weekends...really need my mental breaks)....there's just tons of little details to tend to, especially with lighting control and tweaks.  I just finished swapping out all the old exterior lighting with the new V12 lighting yesteday, so that's the latest thing I worked on.  Still moving down the punchlist.

-tk

nightlight.jpg

Looks awesome, can't wait!!! best lighting that I saw in XP12 so far....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PierreGER said:

Hello everyone.B)

I have a question: If I buy the 733 for Xplane 11 today, will it be available as a free update for Xplane 12?

Best regards, 

Pierre :)

As far as I can tell, yes, 

free update for customers who purchased the IXEG 737 on or after February 7th, 2022. For customers having purchased the IXEG 737 on or before February 6th, 2022, the upgrade will be a paid upgrade of $14.95 USD.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, judeb said:

As far as I can tell, yes, 

free update for customers who purchased the IXEG 737 on or after February 7th, 2022. For customers having purchased the IXEG 737 on or before February 6th, 2022, the upgrade will be a paid upgrade of $14.95 USD.

Thank you for your support. :wub:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlyingToLearn said:

Those countless hours of coding/programming sure are appreciated!

Thank you for the encouraging words.  Some times it seems like this process never ends.   Every finished task seems to illuminate another. ...and to think this is just the "V12 Port +"  process.   I can't wait to redo the entire 3D exterior and refactor the navdata code :P.   

-tk

• Like 2

• Litjan unpinned this topic