IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

5 hours ago, Cameron said:

The update installer will handle the uninstall and upgrade install process for you.

Why off topic, on topic :)
I also liked the process of installing updates. I was a little confused about the reactivation, but I don't think it's problematic and won't affect the number of activations.
I also liked that the PRODUCT INFO page updated the text information about the updates!

Once again, thanks to the developers for the excellent model and completeness of information and answers on the forum, users!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

Why off topic,

I guess tangentially, the installer is a part of the IXEG 733. However, I considered this thread to be directly about the add-on. Nevertheless, the guys here are great, and I sure they would not have minded the slight tangent without my apology.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PEPcessna said:

Anyone know why I cant see the GUI for the IXEG? Im moving my mouse along the edges of the screen but I cant find it for some reason

You can go to Plugins->Gizmo64->Windows->IXEG B733 (something like that) to access de GUI. 

There is an option to enable and disable the pop up side menu, yours might be disabled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, mjrhealth said:

Because you should have got an email with a key, and you obviously never read any further, and you should have raised it when you looked at the purchase. it was discussed many times. I can only assume you have unticked getting update emails.

I did get the email, and used the code, but I was still charged.

7 hours ago, Henri_65 said:

I did get the email, and used the code, but I was still charged.

Where did you fit

free update for customers who purchased the IXEG 737 on or after February 7th, 2022. For customers having purchased the IXEG 737 on or before February 6th, 2022, the upgrade will be a paid upgrade of $14.95 USD.

53 minutes ago, Litjan said:

It looks like you maybe installed something wrong:

0:00:00.201 G64:  warn: prefs.load(): No prefs file found!

Gizmo could not find a preferences file.

Hello, thank you for the support. I just removed Xplane then install it again (Xplane installer) and then launched the IXEG installer. So pretty straightforward.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:58 PM, clecorouge said:

Hello, thank you for the support. I just removed Xplane then install it again (Xplane installer) and then launched the IXEG installer. So pretty straightforward.

Hello @Litjan @Cameron @Sluijsens I found the solution: I renamed the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in win_x64 to "_xa_validate.xpl". I then copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in the mac_x64 folder in the xa_validate folder in the plugins folder of the "IXEG 737 Classic Plus" folder and BAM it works: no more CTD! (I also installed the latest Xplane 12 beta though before I copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" file from the mac_x64 into the win_x64 the latest Xplane 12 beta did also CTD with the IXEG 737 Classic Plus. WOW! Works now! Cheers, Clément

Edited by clecorouge
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Pils said:

I mean that’s basically removing half the DRM so probably not wise… :)

I did rejoice a bit too fast, the only way to get it to work is XP12 in compatibility mode which is kind of a pity because of the massive perf hit. We do know now that the problem comes from the "xa_validate.xpl" file. Unfortunately removing or swiping this files with the mac_x64, lets you get the plane but w/o sounds and seems unflyable. Re the DRM, I can prove I bought both versions of the plane X11 and X12: what is not wise in my opinion @Pils@Cameron is not considering the fact that loyal clients can not even experience the product they bought and not giving them a hint about when the problem is going to be resolved. Cheers, Clément

22 hours ago, clecorouge said:

what is not wise in my opinion @Pils@Cameron is not considering the fact that loyal clients can not even experience the product they bought and not giving them a hint about when the problem is going to be resolved. Cheers, Clément

You're the only two customers in thousands reporting this, so for now I don't have much of anything to go by other than taking some notes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cameron said:

You're the only two customers in thousands reporting this, so for now I don't have much of anything to go by other than taking some notes.

Like we are expandable :-) I reinstalled the IXEG 737 Classic and she works like a charm even with Xplane 12 ... I noticed there is no plug-in folder inside the IXEG 737 Classic folder. Why did you need to add it to the IXEG 737 Classic Plus? FYI it looks like it is the "xa_validate.xpl" inside the "xa_validate/win_x64/" folder that is the issue. Cheers , C @Sluijsens

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 8:08 PM, clecorouge said:

Like we are expandable :-) I reinstalled the IXEG 737 Classic and she works like a charm even with Xplane 12 ... I noticed there is no plug-in folder inside the IXEG 737 Classic folder. Why did you need to add it to the IXEG 737 Classic Plus? FYI it looks like it is the "xa_validate.xpl" inside the "xa_validate/win_x64/" folder that is the issue. Cheers , C @Sluijsens

Any update ie any dev working on finding the issue? @whoevercares ;-) Thanks, C

Edited by clecorouge

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who's still using XP11 right now as he's still unsure about the stability of XP12 as we speak. He wants to buy the IXEG but the storepage only lists the Plus version which is incompatible with XP11.

Will newer customers of the Plus version get the XP11 version too? I'm asking this since I was an earlier IXEG customer who did pay for the Plus upgrade when it released.

Hi!

I have a few questions. One of them is related to the icing conditions that occur on the ground during preparation for the flight.
I took off from Memphis today and was unable to take off due to icing. In one of the topics on the model, I read that it is recommended to turn on GND TEST for a short time before takeoff, this will clear the ice from the leading edge of the wing.

How can I clear the plane of ice and snow while preparing for a flight? If such a feature is not provided in the model, is it possible to implement such a feature in subsequent updates?

And the third question, if possible, tell us about the further development of the model at the moment. If, of course, you can talk about this publicly now.

Thanks!