Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.3 update for the Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic. All customers who have purchased the IXEG 737 Classic up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the IXEG 737 Classic from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.3 for you.

It is for X-Plane 11. If you use X-Plane 10, you can still install an old version of the aircraft from the installer, but this update does not otherwise apply to you.

Caution: This update is optimized for XP11.41 and newer only! If you run it any previous X-Plane version it will still work, but the aerodynamic model gets changed and will not fly "by the numbers" anymore! Install at your own risk (make a backup of the aircraft folder first, especially if you run XP10)!

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original IXEG 737 Classic download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Bug fixes:

• Stopped "brakes" helping with turns if no rudder pedals installed
  • Fixed turnoff lights lighting up the MCP
  • Fixed Standby Power logic
  • Disabled engine reverse thrust when fire handle pulled
  • Removed option for "show vortices" which doesn't work with XP11
  • Fixed stall warning test not working on ground
  • Fixed external view not accessible if watching a saved replay

Improvements:

• Adjusted flightmodel to work best with the "new experimental flight model" option enabled (disabled works too, but less accurate)
  • Switched ground model to default for XP11 users (better handling of engine failures)
  • Adjusted "runway shake" effect to not move viewpoint too much
  • Adjusted sensitivity for altitude and vertical speed manipulators when mouse-dragging
  • Increased intensity of landing, taxi and runway turnoff lights
  • Several updates/polishing of cockpit 3D (smoothing, better material, etc.)
  • Improved import ability for different company route formats
  • Updated shape of optional "winglets"
  • Removed logo light lens if winglets enabled (it was still peeking through in places)
  • Updated mesh of engines and fan animations
  • Improved representation of flight controls (avoid spoilers popping up), gear lever animation and weird sounds in cockpit during replays
  • Enabled basic "hot start" functionality if fuel introduced at (way) too low N2
  • Improved windmilling start behaviour (now works for lower N2s)

Additions:

• Added grab and move around flashlights(white) and maplights(red)
  • Added mousewheel support to all twistable manipulators
  • Added TAI ON WITH TAT ABOVE 10C warning to FMC
  • Added "altitude reminder dials" on CPTs and FO yoke
  • Added option to disable/assign button to "pop out" IXEG menu
  • Added option to disable/assign button to "view presets" IXEG menu
  • Added option to increase/decrease EHSI preview popups
  • Added option to totally remove EHSI preview popups
  • Added option slider to adjust yoke height
  • Engines now windmilling on ground if wind strong enough
  • Added default support (and option) for AviTab integration

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Best news I heard in a long while - never been so happy opening an email lol

Found a few bugs up to now but I'll keep testing to see if I can find anymore; I absolutely love the CRT "reset phase" when changing over the electrical BUS in this update (or at least I didn't notice this before hand!)

Keep up the work - am sure there will be many more Classic's flying about in the virtual skies (ProjectFLY, VATSIM etc.)

Cheers!

Edited by ZeeMuffenMan

I think I found glitch in livery manager tool. I did run IXEG737-windows-x64-installer.exe and the installation has completed. After that I run Livery Manager.exe at Aircraft/X-Aviation/IXEG 737 Classic, however it seems that IXEG737-windows-x64-installer.exe has executed instead. So I just follow the step again. The program says "Uninstall IXEG 737 first for reinstallation". Previous version was ok. I tested on Windows 10 x64 Pro.

This plane is just fantastic. It's flying even better (I think), even with my old screwed up joystick, just so smooth. The "breaks" help thing also, hallelujah. That one drove me crazy (I don't have rudder pedals...) so thank you, thank you.

I just sent a message on the X-Aviation site with just two things.

-BetterPushback says it has no tugs for this type of aircraft (I guess I have to update BP?)

-and the IXEG tug still doesn't turn the aircraft. Was this ever solved and I missed? 

Glass materials look a lot better. Hurray for the IXEG guys.

Edited by axmiha
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kartrider said:

I think I found glitch in livery manager tool. I did run IXEG737-windows-x64-installer.exe and the installation has completed. After that I run Livery Manager.exe at Aircraft/X-Aviation/IXEG 737 Classic, however it seems that IXEG737-windows-x64-installer.exe has executed instead. So I just follow the step again. The program says "Uninstall IXEG 737 first for reinstallation". Previous version was ok. I tested on Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Great catch! I have just fixed this. In order to obtain it you will need to re-download and re-install from the new installer I just uploaded.

• Like 2

Well, this update certainly came out of nowhere! Either that, or I haven't been following the X-Pilot forums (though I do use xPilot a lot... bad pun there, I apologise to a host of communities).  I was under the impression that the IXEG was abandonware, and had been flying the Zibo ever since.

Installing it right now, and I'll be glad to test it out with X-Plane 11.50b9 and further. Thanks, guys, and it's somewhat reassuring to realise a product I bought in 2016 is still being regularly maintained, more than 4 years after release. 

49 minutes ago, jeffreymg said:

I just reinstalled the 737 and under version says 1.1, should it say 1.3?

You sure you didn't select X-Plane 10? If you did, that would be why. Where are you seeing 1.1 at? I believe the XP 10 version is 1.21.

Hello.  First of all.   AWESOME!!!

You have done a great job with this update and the aircraft looks fantastic and the performance...   WOW!!!  I am getting 110 fps in XP 11.5 b9.

The taxi lights are a lot better.

There is two things that we need a patch and another that if you release this patch and make it happen will be great.

1. It is no longer compatible with Better Pushback.  Something is missing.  Maybe an aircraft type like C or something.  I am pretty sure it is just a line of code, so Better Pushback can recognize which kind of aircraft it needs to send the tug.   This was working before.

2. Thank you for adding the mouse wheel, the only thing is that it is inverted.  Instead of scrolling up,  it will increase the number, it decreases it and viceversa.   Every other aircraft the mouse wheel behaves the opposite.  Scrolling up increases the number, scrolling down decreases the number.

And the last one, this is just a request as all the new materials, etc look so good.

Can we have a way dimmer light in the passengers cabin.  It is really bright, during daytime is fine I guess, but at night it is very bright.

Thank you very much for this update.

Cheers!

• Upvote 3

I know it's not the most fun thing in the world, but it would be great if you could take the time to search and see if your bug was reported before being repetitive with it again. Please do so in the future, as it really helps us out!

15 minutes ago, CptIceman said:

1. It is no longer compatible with Better Pushback.  Something is missing.  Maybe an aircraft type like C or something.  I am pretty sure it is just a line of code, so Better Pushback can recognize which kind of aircraft it needs to send the tug.   This was working before.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17923-take-command-ixeg-737-classic-v13-update-released/?do=findComment&comment=150160

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17928-betterpushback-not-working-in-13/

2. Thank you for adding the mouse wheel, the only thing is that it is inverted.  Instead of scrolling up,  it will increase the number, it decreases it and viceversa.   Every other aircraft the mouse wheel behaves the opposite.  Scrolling up increases the number, scrolling down decreases the number.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17932-scrollwheel-backwards/

Can we have a way dimmer light in the passengers cabin.  It is really bright, during daytime is fine I guess, but at night it is very bright.

Seat belts switch. Seat belts on = cabin lights off, Seat belts off = Cabin lights on. Auto works as well.

It's great to wake up to read an update email! Great job!

Is it possible to replace VIEW PRESETS in lower left cornet with mini EHSI in the same spot? Fonts are hard to read and mini EHSI popup in the corner would reduce zooming in/out all the time. Or maybe dateref to show the window? Or optional mini EHSI when i mvoe cursor over EHSI in cockpit?

Edited by DoubleWhisky

Hi, and thanks for this update.

This aircraft looks fantastic in VR and i have flew it a lot in VR using the simVRlabs config file.

The problem is with this new update the simVRlabs file is no longer usable.

Everything in the aircraft works in VR except its almost impossible to adjust ALT, HDG, Speed and Course using VR manipulators, this is a real shame and its making the aircraft unusable in VR.

I  just wonder if there is anything can be done to rectify this as it s a fantastic aircraft?

• Like 1

Can you try:

• Opening the default C172
  • Move your mouse to the right side of the screen and click the key icon that comes out of the menu
  • Activate then

Let us know how it goes! If all else fails, revert to the old gizmo (you are using the latest beta, according to your screenshot).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Great job guys, loving flying this aircraft and the flight model seems massively improved. 

Any chance you might tweak a few things for the ‘ready to fly’ panel state that seem a bit out of place? 

- position light currently off (would be on with power to the airplane?)

- DH ref on 200 on both sides (have to drag this to -20 every time you ‘take over’ the aircraft - naughty outgoing crew)

- transponder on TA/RA AUTO - wouldn’t it be to OFF and STBY at the gate?

- Fuel pumps and ELEC hydraulics energised - I’m sure I read that for most of the service life of the classics, until the start flow you’d have the ELEC 2 and 1 off and the fuel pumps off apart from the (AFT?) number 1 feeding the APU? 

More than happy to be corrected by wiser heads than mine as to why these are all the way they are , though  

The only other thing on my wish list would be to link up the FO altimeter baro selector with the Captains’, to cut down the workload a bit and for those of us that fly the -800 a lot, putting the selection of the FLT/GND switch into the checklist as it’s easily missed. 

Cheers and keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the update :)

After a short try in Beta 9 XP and experimental flight model I noticed only one issue:

-ground handling while taxi - difference between nose gear animation and actual behaviour - ground path.

In XP11.41  v.1.2 It was good, now it is broken.

Cheers to the team!

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic