Jump to content

Version 1.3 update tidbits


Recommended Posts

There are two strenghts brake that you can set in X-Plane. One is 50% (B key) and one is 100% (V key). I am sure you could map those to different buttons?

Cheers, Jan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we finally have something visual to show for the next update.  With our 3D toolchain in place, we are able to make 3D updates reasonably quick... thoughit still takes time to add in the detail.  Th

I understand and actually agree with this feature...I think its a good idea.  I also don't have pedals and even the 50% / 100% braking can lead to jerky motion.  The idea of a command that you "hold"

I am shooting for custom waypoints for this patch,  PBD, PB/PB and Lat/Lon..., I have the code to parse the entries added, but haven't yet to ties these into the route editing / leg naming.   The othe

Posted Images

you may also consider installing a free xplane plugin (there are several) for having progressive braking while pushing and holding a key/button instead of the on/off braking behavior by having no pedals hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand and actually agree with this feature...I think its a good idea.  I also don't have pedals and even the 50% / 100% braking can lead to jerky motion.  The idea of a command that you "hold" for progressive braking, I think is worth a look-see.  Commands don't really cost anything and are easy to add.  

-tkyler

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicotum, I just read through your documents. And it looks like a great plugin my friend. So really nice work

But what I’m requesting for is just one simple slider which can change/restrict how much brake pressure can be applied through a press of an assigned button/trigger. So when I press the button, I’m not getting a 100% whack/or full braking. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptBirdy said:

Nicotum, I just read through your documents. And it looks like a great plugin my friend. So really nice work

But what I’m requesting for is just one simple slider which can change/restrict how much brake pressure can be applied through a press of an assigned button/trigger. So when I press the button, I’m not getting a 100% whack/or full braking. 

Wouldnt it just be easier to assign a slider  or knob on your joystick to the breaks for when landing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjrhealth said:

Wouldnt it just be easier to assign a slider  or knob on your joystick to the breaks for when landing

Interesting. Didn’t think of this angle. I’ll give that a go at some point today mjrhealth, thank you:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptBirdy said:

Interesting. Didn’t think of this angle. I’ll give that a go at some point today mjrhealth, thank you:)

Edit: tried it..didn’t work:lol:. Never mind 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried this plugin from @nicotum in the IXEG, mapped to a single button on my joystick.

The default values are near perfect for stopping the IXEG smoothly and without jerky movements etc. A quick release of the button before you get to full brakes also helps a lot with smoothing things out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@nicotum I did try your plugin but I wasn't sure it was working for me (11.50b6). There's also a note on your plugin that is supports the Zibo and Toliss. Does that mean that the IXEG team has to provide native support for it to work? Also, is there also a way to hide the tooltip?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ktomais It works by default on the IXEG.

You can hide the tooltip... look inside your FlyWithLua\Scripts folder and you'll see a file called "nm_differential_brakes.ini".

Open this file in your text editor and change SHOW_BRAKES_INFO=true to SHOW_BRAKES_INFO=false

This is also where you can change the time it takes from activating your brakes until max brake force is achieved as well as the time from releasing your brakes until zero brake force is achieved.

Edited by jfjoubert
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much IXEG team, for the update information and willingness to explain the questions. The important thing: they are working and hard for a good update. Thank you again.

Edited by jolmos
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:07 PM, ktomais said:

There's also a note on your plugin that is supports the Zibo and Toliss. Does that mean that the IXEG team has to provide native support for it to work?

Zibo and Toliss use their own breaking logic, but also expose the possibility to override it.
D&P Brakes simply recognizes these planes and takes control of the brakes.
With the IXEG this is not necessary and it is supported like any other plane.

Note that you can customize the timings for the IXEG or any other aircraft. All is documented here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 9:04 AM, CaptBirdy said:

But what I’m requesting for is just one simple slider which can change/restrict how much brake pressure can be applied through a press of an assigned button/trigger. So when I press the button, I’m not getting a 100% whack/or full braking.

You can obtain this behaviour with a repeated "press and release" action.
Increasing the SECONDS_FOR_MAX_BRAKE_ACTION value, could help too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we'll address this for this next release.  Given the various techniques of achieving "smooth braking",  my preference is to opt for a PI(D) algorithm which controls "deceleration Gs'....which would be set by a slider, and IMO, feel the most natural.  Accomodating braking by hardware, keystroke, commmand and accounting for separate toe braking requires a bit of forethought.  Its really easy to implement one method and end up breaking (no pun intended) the implementation for another user, so i don't want to rush into it assuming its simple.  We are fast focusing on final details of the upcoming release and I'm reluctant to mess with any systems programming at this point. Of course we'll work on it for the one after as it is a good idea.

-tkyler

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all! One topic from my side.

When I use my 737 I always change the points of view, angle of view (as everybody does). But everytime I switch between X-plane window (running X-Plane 1.41 in a full screen mode) and some other windows e.g. X-Pilot, internet browser (no matter which one it is) X-plane switches to a default view (like pressing "W" keyboard button). So I can not come back to the same view after switching between X-plane and other widows. This happens with IXEG model only.

Also I have to adjust a field of view via 737 menu vindow every time I opent the model.

So, I'd like to have the same point of view before and after switching between windows (window applications). Can it be easily improved?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there Tom

Good to see the progress made it's going to make this the best plane again ..  

Have this bug been addressed 

Was  reported in 2016 

Regards

 

Edited by M4cD
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, not yet. It requires a total rewrite of the rendering engine, even Vulkan isn´t capable of fixing this - maybe DirectX21 will... just kidding ;-)

We still have a few bugs around from back then that we haven´t fixed yet. I understand that this is very important to you, though!

Cheers, Jan

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hullu-poika said:

Hello all! One topic from my side.

When I use my 737 I always change the points of view, angle of view (as everybody does). But everytime I switch between X-plane window (running X-Plane 1.41 in a full screen mode) and some other windows e.g. X-Pilot, internet browser (no matter which one it is) X-plane switches to a default view (like pressing "W" keyboard button). So I can not come back to the same view after switching between X-plane and other widows. This happens with IXEG model only.

Also I have to adjust a field of view via 737 menu vindow every time I opent the model.

So, I'd like to have the same point of view before and after switching between windows (window applications). Can it be easily improved?

I have just tried on my installation but have been unable to reproduce your problem. Are you running any other "third party" camera plugin, like X-Camera or such?

Alt-tabbing in and out did not change any of my views at all. But just maybe this is a side-effect of some code-change that Tom did (for the replay mode). Lets see if this still happens for you after 1.3

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I have just tried on my installation but have been unable to reproduce your problem. Are you running any other "third party" camera plugin, like X-Camera or such?

Alt-tabbing in and out did not change any of my views at all. But just maybe this is a side-effect of some code-change that Tom did (for the replay mode). Lets see if this still happens for you after 1.3

Cheers, Jan

:ph34r: I´m experiencing the same bug. He´s not alone. Could be a headshake thing now that I think about it. I´ll try it without in a while.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I have just tried on my installation but have been unable to reproduce your problem. Are you running any other "third party" camera plugin, like X-Camera or such?

Alt-tabbing in and out did not change any of my views at all. But just maybe this is a side-effect of some code-change that Tom did (for the replay mode). Lets see if this still happens for you after 1.3

Cheers, Jan

I've got it! After your feedback I tried to play a little with other plugins. FInally I have found that my problem is probably a part of "replay" issue. I usually start the plane from "load situation"X-Plane menu. That causes my issue. Normal X-Plane start do not cause any problem. 

It is not critical for me since we know working solution. You can double check it if you like.

Edited by Hullu-poika
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't flown the IXEG 737 for years. I can't even remember why I stopped flying it. BUt very happy to hear that you have an update in progress. I will certainly do the update and give it a try. (I used to fly it a lot.)

John.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I'm totally looking forward to updates! I was curious if v1.3 will give the rotating receiver switches functionality in adjusting ATC volume with clients that support it like PilotEdge and the next release of xPilot for Vatsim.

Currently in v1.21 the knobs turn, but they do not adjust the actual ATC volume like they do in the Rotate MD-80 and FlyJSim planes.

Thank guys!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...