Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5

Litjan

Probably late here for the party, any idea when the next update after 1.21 will come? namely to address the CTD issue when using VNAV on descent?

This is the best payware plane for XP11 (IMHO) but the fact that the FMS is incomplete kinda ruins the immersion for me. IXEG I know you have it in you, guys you have to believe in yourself. You made a plane so immersive in sounds & especially in the camera system it makes PMDG look like nothing. IXEG I know you can do it!

BTW I am more into the classic 737 than the modern ones, keep it up Jan & Friends!

I've never had a CTD because of VNAV with this plane. Although VNAV is buggy, it has never been a cause for CTD on any of my flights.

Tom from IXEG has confirmed he will be working on a better FMS, but it will be ready when it is ready.

XP 11.21 and 11.25 introduced some engine parameter anomalies on the 300 (too much difference in N2 readouts and EGT), but the aircraft is still behaving well and is still a joy under approach and landing. And yes, the PMDG is a brick compared to this one.

So let's wait for the update and let IXEG spend the time necessary for them to conceive it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After flying it for around 1 year now, it has instantly become my absolute favourite. I actually prefer this to any 737 NG simulation.

I don´t really need most of the things from the "Things that are NOT going to be.."-List. Opening doors etc. is nice eye-candy, but not really necessary for me. What I miss flying on Vatsim though is a HOLD function. It really kills the whole realism for me, flying all the procedures and then the controller asks you to enter a HOLD and you can´t do it.

Yes, you can fly sort of a manual HOLD; I could also fly the whole leg manually or only with HDG mode, but I don´t - as this is not very realistic.

I can imagine that most fans of the 733 here would love a HOLD implementation very much, especially if they use this fantastic 733 on any online network.

Thank you so much, again, for this great project and its outcome: The most flyable plane on XP11. (for me) The pure joy of flying a STAR manually after takeoff, the way this plane simply flies, trims, it is incomparable on XP for me.

Yours Martin

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 6:15 AM, mniederschelp said:

After flying it for around 1 year now, it has instantly become my absolute favourite. I actually prefer this to any 737 NG simulation.

I don´t really need most of the things from the "Things that are NOT going to be.."-List. Opening doors etc. is nice eye-candy, but not really necessary for me. What I miss flying on Vatsim though is a HOLD function. It really kills the whole realism for me, flying all the procedures and then the controller asks you to enter a HOLD and you can´t do it.

Yes, you can fly sort of a manual HOLD; I could also fly the whole leg manually or only with HDG mode, but I don´t - as this is not very realistic.

I can imagine that most fans of the 733 here would love a HOLD implementation very much, especially if they use this fantastic 733 on any online network.

Thank you so much, again, for this great project and its outcome: The most flyable plane on XP11. (for me) The pure joy of flying a STAR manually after takeoff, the way this plane simply flies, trims, it is incomparable on XP for me.

Yours Martin

Hold would be nice, but it's a lot of fun flying a nice holding after a go around via HDG SEL, having dialed in the needed VOR/s, courses, the chronograph ready if needed. You can even fly it manually. It's a excellent brain exercise plus, you gain some pretty good IFR skills. One shouldn't become a child of the Magenta line anyway. As long as you fly it correctly, there is nothing wrong with flying a holding with minimal automation like in the old days. The progress in aviation is of course welcome and important as it has made aviation much saver and more efficient.

Edited by Shanwick
  • Like 1

• Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.3
On 12/7/2015 at 11:00 AM, Litjan said:

I would therefore like to share a list of things that will NOT be in version 1.0, and also give a little background of why, and wether we are planning to add it later. I will try to make this list as encompassing as possible, if I forget something, please don´t sue me! I will add/remove from this list as warranted.

It stil says 1.0 here. I´m sure it is supposed to say "1.3" :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, SkyFly said:

Also I later noticed that according to the list, mouswheel will not be supported under GUI :ph34r:  That might confuse new folks.

No no no, I was just talking mousewheel support in the GUI, not the aircraft, of course :P:P. Removed it just the same, thanks!

• Like 1

Hi!

I´ve been having a problem during the flights. I don´t know the reason. It has been happening even with the last version. Suddenly, after some minutes flying the frame rate begins decrease up to almost 0 (zero) and at the same time increases up to the normal value (nearly 40) over and over. And because of this, the XPlane almost stops and I need to restart the XPlane. Could someone tell me what could be happening?

OBS: This problem doesn´t occur flying others 737.

Hi Litjan! Thank you for the contact. I noticed that this problem just happens when I enter or change the datas of the route on the FMS, during the flight. If I enter or change the datas on the ground, is possible to notice the Xplane becoming momentarily slowly (the frame rate increases and decreases) but returning to normal frame rate as soo as I finish the flight plan.

Do you have some suggestion to solve this problem?

Regards;
Guilherme

3 hours ago, Guilherme Utsch said:

Hi Litjan! Thank you for the contact. I noticed that this problem just happens when I enter or change the datas of the route on the FMS, during the flight. If I enter or change the datas on the ground, is possible to notice the Xplane becoming momentarily slowly (the frame rate increases and decreases) but returning to normal frame rate as soo as I finish the flight plan.

Do you have some suggestion to solve this problem?

Regards;
Guilherme

Good morning,

please add an exclusion to your antivirus (usually Windows Defender is the problem) for the whole X-Plane folder. It checks in and out operations when the IXEG is accessing the nav data (during FMS route modification) which slows the rendering extremely.

Let me know if that helps?

Cheers, Jan

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sergio Morozov said:

Can we expect something interesting and big this year? For example: doors, cargo, FMC, new interior or something else?

There are many answers to this in the forum already.

1 hour ago, Sergio Morozov said:

What do you think about the business version with additional tanks?

No, this won't be happening.

• Like 1

• Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.31
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also wanted to give a big shout out to the IXEG team on this latest update.  I'm a VR exclusive flyer and this craft is one of the finest now that all the VR implementation is built in.  Love the old style and it looks and feels fantastic under the hood, one of the best.  I look forward to the future roadmap unfolding.

Thanks guys,

Ken.

20 minutes ago, Kennair said:

I also wanted to give a big shout out to the IXEG team on this latest update.  I'm a VR exclusive flyer and this craft is one of the finest now that all the VR implementation is built in.  Love the old style and it looks and feels fantastic under the hood, one of the best.  I look forward to the future roadmap unfolding.

Thanks guys,

Ken.

Thanks, Ken!

I personally believe that VR will be the future for flight simulation. Yes, current headsets and  manipulation methods are still not there 100% - but its already incredible!

We will keep our aircraft abreast that development - I have just recently tweaked the sensitivity of the kHz twist knobs since we implemented 8.3kHz spacing and we increased the "grab area" for both throttles - and am always listening for feedback.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

• Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5