Independant rudder and tiller

chibre57

Hello all!

I need your help, I tried but probably the experts of this forum will find the solution in a second :P

I would like to make my rudder pedals control the nose wheel with a max deviation of 7° at all speeds (as the real aircraft). As I have two physical separate axis for tiller and rudder..

Currently at low speed the rudder has 60° of action on the nose wheel (I imagine to simulate for people who have one axis for both rudder and tiller) and gently reduces to 7° at high speed.

As I have two axis to control rudder and tiller, is there an easy way to do what is listed above?

In Plane maker below "gear settings" I modified the transition speed between low and high nose wheel deviation but no change at all.. even if I set low = 7°, high =7° and transition speed = 0 

(OFF: I had this nice behavior in a famous a320, and this disappeared after an update of it a few months ago, maybe the problem is my x-plane...)

Thank you very much all!

it can be interested for people who build a full cockpit :)

btw the 737 ixeg is:  :wub:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, chibre57 said:

Hello all!

I need your help, I tried but probably the experts of this forum will find the solution in a second :P

I would like to make my rudder pedals control the nose wheel with a max deviation of 7° at all speeds (as the real aircraft). As I have two physical separate axis for tiller and rudder..

Currently at low speed the rudder has 60° of action on the nose wheel (I imagine to simulate for people who have one axis for both rudder and tiller) and gently reduces to 7° at high speed.

As I have two axis to control rudder and tiller, is there an easy way to do what is listed above?

In Plane maker below "gear settings" I modified the transition speed between low and high nose wheel deviation but no change at all.. even if I set low = 7°, high =7° and transition speed = 0 

(OFF: I had this nice behavior in a famous a320, and this disappeared after an update of it a few months ago, maybe the problem is my x-plane...)

Thank you very much all!

it can be interested for people who build a full cockpit :)

btw the 737 ixeg is:  :wub:

I would like to know as well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ONDR4.cz said:

Not sure, but I use the bigger rotary knob on the X52's throttle as a tiller and it works really well :).

That solution would also suit me :)

But how do you assign it to just "tiller"? In the X-Plane axes assignment, there's only "YAW", not independent "rudder" and "tiller". Sorry if this is a too basic question.

1 hour ago, Alpha Floor said:

That solution would also suit me :)

But how do you assign it to just "tiller"? In the X-Plane axes assignment, there's only "YAW", not independent "rudder" and "tiller". Sorry if this is a too basic question.

Assign YAW as usual, and nosewheel to an other axis.

2016-05-07_15h49_58.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Assign YAW as usual, and nosewheel to an other axis.

2016-05-07_15h49_58.jpg

Hello,Yes this is already done but does not make the tiller and yaw act like in reality, unfortunately

Btw it looks like we are the only one wishing this feature... 

Anyone good at plane maker could give us a tip?

On 8 mai 2016 at 11:51 AM, chibre57 said:

Hello,Yes this is already done but does not make the tiller and yaw act like in reality, unfortunately

Btw it looks like we are the only one wishing this feature... 

Anyone good at plane maker could give us a tip?

it makes the tiller act as in reality, but the yaw still have 100% control over nose wheel, I guess the only solution would be a setting in the plane when you have separate YAW/Tiller axes configured… 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Looks like this is greatly improved in XP 10.50. Rudder is very gently on the nose wheel steering now.

I did have a conversation on this subject with Ben Supnik, so maybe he incorporated some improvement in this regard...

"Fixed max deflection of low speed nose wheel when not using a hardware tiller."

Not sure, have to check if this affects us...

Jan

26 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Looks like this is greatly improved in XP 10.50. Rudder is very gently on the nose wheel steering now.

I did have a conversation on this subject with Ben Supnik, so maybe he incorporated some improvement in this regard...

"Fixed max deflection of low speed nose wheel when not using a hardware tiller."

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.9.2016 at 7:03 PM, Litjan said:

Jan

But it looks like the steering tiller is a bit over sensitive now for the 733.

2 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

But it looks like the steering tiller is a bit over sensitive now for the 733.

I can´t comment on that without having a separate controller for my tiller myself - but keep in mind that there is no "speed washout" for the tiller, and a full deflection equals 80+ degrees, while the full rudder pedal nosewheel steering angle is only 7 degrees. So it will feel very springy with most hardware...

Cheers, Jan