The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Moving across the exterior putting in detail stuffs....wing tip lights, slats and slat actuators, etc.  Nils knocking out the engine texturing.  Jan has a new video that will be up soon on the autothrottle too.

post-5-0-32243000-1362865637_thumb.png

post-5-0-53469700-1362865735_thumb.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 3

Wowsers! That's gorgeous Tom. I have my pennies ready as soon as we have a release. I hope you make the manuals available before the release date of the actual aircraft.

I fly a lot of Heavy Metal these days, mainly the FlyJSim 727-200F and the JARDesign A320neo. Got a question though, would there be any direct benefit to prepare by become familiar to the Eadt Boeing 737 ... or not?

Cheers!

Edited by Kris Pryo

The 737 NG and the "classic" are very similiar in most systems, so if you are proficient in a NG you should have no problem flying a Classic and vice versa.

I think the EADT 737 is an absolute masterpiece and work of art, so it´s definitely a viable option to get accustomed to this class of Boeing airliners.

Jan

I hope you make the manuals available before the release date of the actual aircraft.

Why waste time making manuals when they're already out there? Just google a little and you can find the FCOM, FCTM and QRH no problem. I already have them at hand in my tablet so I can study the correct procedures in my spare time :-).

• Upvote 1

Yes, having the real Boeing manuals is certainly great - unfortunately reading official FCOMs is REALLY boring, and I sometimes struggle to remember the stuff I read a page ago :D .

For me it works best when I put into context what I read - so if I read about how the logic of the pneumatic isolation valve works in auto mode, for example,  I have a big question mark over my head - but when you get a chance to throw some switches and see the effect, it becomes crystal clear very quickly.

• Upvote 1

Why waste time making manuals when they're already out there? Just google a little and you can find the FCOM, FCTM and QRH no problem. I already have them at hand in my tablet so I can study the correct procedures in my spare time :-).

I agree have the same perspective as Litjan on this ... but thanks for the idea though!

• Upvote 1

The FCOM is certainly viable that is for sure...I know we read that thing line for line as much as we can to make the plane work exactly as how things are described so that is perfectly acceptable.  But also as Jan says, we'll be rewording things a bit in our own docs to expand just a bit so we can cater to a broader spectrum of learning styles.

TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

So where's Qantas? :D

They're on strike!

Great video Tom, definitely worth 29MB of this month's 'high-speed' download quota. Which in this case was an astonishing 60KB/sec. Do you think it might run on a Core2Duo with a bottom-of-the-range GT620 graphics card? It has 1GB of VRAM...

I love the throttle reconciliation UI. Does it treat each throttle independently? If the throttle is already in the right position will it simply not appear at all?

• Upvote 1

They're retrofitted and so could be on any -300 at any given time depending on what the airlines want to do.  I have winglets modeled yes....not sure if they'll make it out on the initial release though...depends on timing...but wouldn't take long to stick them in.  They'll make it in at some point.

Edited by tkyler

I love the throttle reconciliation UI. Does it treat each throttle independently? If the throttle is already in the right position will it simply not appear at all?

From memory, the SDK has no per-throttle override support and therfor only one of the throttle angles is actually tested against the joystick thro angle to decide when to hand throttle control back to the simmer. Probably the no 1 lever if I have to guess without looking at the code.

They're retrofitted and so could be on any -300 at any given time depending on what the airlines want to do.  I have winglets modeled yes....not sure if they'll make it out on the initial release though...depends on timing...but wouldn't take long to stick them in.  They'll make it in at some point.

There are all the performance issues to take into account too...

do you know what's wrong with the cockpit shadows? Some have very ugly aliasing and low res whilst others don't and look really nice.

Could be all sorts of things.  The back of the cockpit isn't model yet so casts funny shadow patterns.   Regarding the aliasing, that's usually a function of shadow quality setting which is of course dependent on your hardware abilities, but also camera position.  In addition, it takes a lot of resources to screen capture while running x-plane.  The final result shouldn't look like that but the big thing is computer hardware.  My computer is a bit on the low end so I don't even turn on shadows / HDR and I think this almost looks better, at least on the aircraft, not so much for scenery, which really benefits from shadows.

Tom K

Edited by tkyler