Am I banned?

Peter T.

well i didnt post alot there on the org so its not a big deal for me but...am i banned?

i didnt post anything, nor put anything against the org on my profile...

maybe because some Orgers came here and see me took part in the rant forum 

oh well...that explains their "excellence" in handling problems...

post-6667-0-14521700-1357153157_thumb.pn

Generally if you have anything "in writing" against the org in the slightest negative way, then you are likely at risk for being banned.   If you participated in the rant section here and had anything negative ( in their eyes) or even the slightest bit obstinate to say, then that is your probable cause.   The org generally does not tolerate criticisms of any kind, especially if directed in the slightest way towards management or org vendors, but to ever really know for sure, you'd have to have a org representative who knows about it to sound off.  They're not in the habit of explaining to members whey they're banned, they just cut the rope and keep on moving most of the time.

TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

I see....well i thought they had no business here at X-Pilot forums.... They should not go and put their noses outside X-Plane.org because its none of their business :/ Moderation of X-Plane.org should be inside the the website not outside as well.... doing that means simply nosiness, we have the right to voice out own opinion. They should not go and put their noses outside X-Plane.org because its none of their business :/ Moderation of X-Plane.org should be inside the the website not outside as well.... doing that means simply nosiness, we have the right to voice out own opinion. So they are looking for a reason to ban people? and if they don't allow it they should move one ignoring it, instead of banning. i have so much more complaining to say now but ill leave it in my stomach as this isn't a rant (hopefully)

so its true, they only resolve problems by simply banning people. Improper moderation...

Edited by Peter T.
  • Upvote 1

yeah you are...  join the club. 

I don't have a single good thing that I can say about that site or it's owner after how they treated me after I ordered from their store 

Laminar should really push this site as a host for freeware and X-aviation and aerosoft and places like that for payware. . that .org site is awful. I have a tread over at avsim about how they treated me on a recent purchase. 

Ohh well X-avaition already benefited once this week from me buying something and I have spent a lot of money on flight simming and none of that will go to .org

They are so arrogant they will probably ban tkyler for his post and he is a x-plane dev. 

BTW tomk..  when the ixeg 737 comes out please offer it on multiple sites,  there is planes like the 777 that I will not buy because  I would have to do business with the .org

Edited by mike10

Me?

I have no authority there... I'm just an end-user like yourselves.

I was added to the leaders-list for simply answering a bunch-o-questions (and answering them correctly, heh) and general contribution (Scenery, tools, utilites, being generally helpful, etc..).

...never actively sought out or asked for the recognition explicity per se.

-Ck

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 1

They are so arrogant they will probably ban tkyler for his post and he is a x-plane dev.

Already happened, sort of.   Nicolas didn't actually ban me, he just revoked every single privilege except viewing of the forums.   The last time I was banned in 2009, ......for selling my Mu2 with x-aviation instead of them (I think I hurt his feelings), there was a bit of a backlash from some users who couldn't figure out what happened, including me.   I had a good history of helping others there for some years,  and the banning had no justification other than Nicolas being a baby....so he reinstated me with a warning, "I've got my eye on you".   Well I definitely got real vocal after that little stunt as many here know all too well.  If Nicolas didn't have a reason to ban me the first time, I definitely gave him one after that.  Every time he decided to act like a baby, I'd call him on it and eventually he had enough of me and pushed the big red button.  In this way though, nobody knows I'm "soft banned"...they  just think I don't post there and nobody will question him on it.    Sly devil that guy!  

Tom K

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

Me?

I have no authority there... I'm just an end-user like yourselves.

I was added to the leaders-list for simply answering a bunch-o-questions (and answering them correctly, heh) and general contribution (Scenery, tools, utilites, being generally helpful, etc..).

...never actively sought out or asked for the recognition explicity per se.

-Ck

I saw community leader today and thought you'd been promoted :P Sorry bout that

Already happened, sort of.   Nicolas didn't actually ban me, he just revoked every single privilege except viewing of the forums.   The last time I was banned in 2009, ......for selling my Mu2 with x-aviation instead of them (I think I hurt his feelings), there was a bit of a backlash from some users who couldn't figure out what happened, including me.   I had a good history of helping others there for some years,  and the banning had no justification other than Nicolas being a baby....so he reinstated me with a warning, "I've got my eye on you".   Well I definitely got real vocal after that little stunt as many here know all too well.  If Nicolas didn't have a reason to ban me the first time, I definitely gave him one after that.  Every time he decided to act like a baby, I'd call him on it and eventually he had enough of me and pushed the big red button.  In this way though, nobody knows I'm "soft banned"...they  just think I don't post there and nobody will question him on it.    Sly devil that guy!  

Tom K

Wow unbelievable... either way I am not going to let a message forum ruin X-plane for me.   Can't wait for the IXEG 737  looks awesome, I like highly realistic deep system simulations so I am really looking forward to it.

"Yeah it's a IP ban..  either use a proxy  or simply unplug your modem/ router tonight when you go to sleep..  unless you have a static IP ( doubt it unless you have buisness service) after about 2 hours your IP will be freed and you will probably get a new one in the am..

then clear you browser and go back and sign up with a new name..   

Hopefully someday people who make freeware will post them elsewhere and there will be no reason to go to the .org"

This is what mike10 said to do

I got banned today (from all the forums in that .org place) for posting a question about 'it may be time to reconsider the screenshot size limitations (max of 120kb) in view of the hi-mesh scenery avaliable today, X10.20 capability, monitor resolutions, and inexpensive storage space available. I got blasted be the Administrator who say I should pay him $20,000 per month to do that because it cost him $30,000 per month for his current storage space. He sent that as a private message, so when I posted his response in the forum under open discussion, I got banned.

No problem, I have spent many hundred of dollars their in their store and have a very high rating for my posts (over 350 likes in the past 2 yrs) so I don't mind leaving anyplace that has no concern for maintaining they good customers over something like that and not opening my suggestion for discussion. My post was locked and i was banned without further comment. Sad.. especialy for them considering all Austin's legal problems an need to retain customers.

EDIT: To be fair I was off a decimal point. It should read $2,000 and $3,000 not $20,000 and $30,000 my typing mistake. I don't want this issue anymore but don't want to be critical of .org since I have been there so long. Their actual comment I add below for fairness.

screenshot-size.JPG

Edited by zymurg
  • Upvote 1

I got banned today (from all the forums in that .org place) for posting a question about 'it may be time to reconsider the screenshot size limitations (max of 120kb) in view of the hi-mesh scenery avaliable today, X10.20 capability, monitor resolutions, and inexpensive storage space available. I got blasted be the Administrator who say I should pay him $20,000 per month to do that because it cost him $30,000 per month for his current storage space. He sent that as a private message, so when I posted his response in the forum under open discussion, I got banned.

No problem, I have spent many hundred of dollars their in their store and have a very high rating for my posts (over 350 likes in the past 2 yrs) so I don't mind leaving anyplace that has no concern for maintaining they good customers over something like that and not opening my suggestion for discussion. My post was locked and i was banned without further comment. Sad.. especialy for them considering all Austin's legal problems an need to retain customers.

EDIT: To be fair I was off a decimal point. It should read $2,000 and $3,000 not $20,000 and $30,000 my typing mistake. I don't want this issue anymore but don't want to be critical of .org since I have been there so long. Their actual comment I add below for fairness.

You joined the club!  

I am very new to x-plane only been using it about a month now and I can already see this nick guy is compensating for something..  Who knows what it is...  

I have seen sites the size of the .org fall apart before because of  out of control leadership.   it will happen to that place at somepoint. 

You joined the club!  

I am very new to x-plane only been using it about a month now and I can already see this nick guy is compensating for something..  Who knows what it is...  

I have seen sites the size of the .org fall apart before because of  out of control leadership.   it will happen to that place at somepoint. 

Thanks for your reassurance in the conculsion I also formed. I am glad there is another forum like this so I can enjoy my entheusiasm for X-Plane with discussions and spend my money else where other that .org while sharing common interest. Thanks X-Pilot. I hope to impress you as well.

Edited by zymurg
  • Upvote 3

Sorry to hear about this, Zymurg! I followed that topic and pretty much knew how it would end up, but it's sad that I even knew that and was correct as to the end result.

Either way, welcome to our friendly community! We're happy to have you here! :)

Thanks Cameron, I really appreciate that. Never been banned before and was only being constructive but got broadsided to my big suprise, but perhaps nieve. I look forward to this forum. I love X-Plane and think i have a lot to share.

• Upvote 2

Hmmmm .... Could it be (drum-roll for dramatic effect) ... that Nicolas and Cameron are the same person :P

The EDIT -

Huh .. I messed up my post. Originally I'd also added that the reason being it could be a conspiracy to drive everyone away from org to x-pilot ... but I must have wiped it in my haste .. lol.

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear Zymurg.   It is almost hard to believe isn't it?  I mean, for years, people thought we just made up this stuff...some of the things that have come out of the admins mouth at the org just makes me blink in amazment.  Anyhow, we're glad to have you here and look forward to your contributions.  We are kicking around several things here to try and get add-on building tutorials and training going and bolster the community sharing of great add-ons using some of the newer XP technologies. 

Tom K

• Upvote 3

Sorry to hear the Org gestapo are still hard at work. Been around a long time with the org and have known Tom and Cameron about as long. We have all been banned

at one time or another for personal reasons the org owners and mods take out on there members. They changed hands so many times in going on 13 years I have been

an org member. Learned a long time ago, to keep my posts simple and direct not to offend any mod or member. Still an active org member, but only post on rare times.

Am glad I still have a good standing with Nicholas and get my purchase updates when I ask. Since I get them no other way.

Jim

• Upvote 1