Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic Plus v1.5.2 Update Released!

Cameron

11 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

'm having a weird issue, altitude lader doesn't show up on both PFDs, it was working fine.

You are confusing that with other 737s. We never had the altitude ladder, neither in the real 737s I flew.

The logo light INOP appears when you choose the option "Winglet", as it covers up the logo light bulbs.

1stClimbshot1.thumb.JPG.f63a5caf7bc83d1f16c22b2f6ed5c86f.JPG

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

You are confusing that with other 737s. We never had the altitude ladder, neither in the real 737s I flew.

The logo light INOP appears when you choose the option "Winglet", as it covers up the logo light bulbs.

1stClimbshot1.thumb.JPG.f63a5caf7bc83d1f16c22b2f6ed5c86f.JPG

That's strange... I swear I've had seen that ladder before... or was it a dream?!:lol:
Ok, if you say so...

Regarding the logo lights, i don't understand how winglets covers logo light bulbs witch are placed in the tail wings to lit rudder section... right?

Thanks

Edited by S3rg1o

1 hour ago, S3rg1o said:

That's strange... I swear I've had seen that ladder before... or was it a dream?!:lol:
Ok, if you say so...

Regarding the logo lights, i don't understand how winglets covers logo light bulbs witch are placed in the tail wings to lit rudder section... right?

You are confusing the 737-300 again with newer 737s (or A320s) :-)

The bulbs for the logo illumination are in the wingtips of the main wings.

21 minutes ago, Litjan said:

You are confusing the 737-300 again with newer 737s (or A320s) :-)

The bulbs for the logo illumination are in the wingtips of the main wings.

I really wasn't aware of it, I was convinced they would be on tail wings, witch makes me wonder, were "wingleted" 733s allowed to fly at night? but that's a big offtopic...
However, light bulbs on main wings had to be super powerful in order to ilumminate tail section of the aircraft.

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-14 141720.png

2 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

were "wingleted" 733s allowed to fly at night?

The logo lights are not required navigational lighting - they are purely for marketing purposes. Whenever I forgot to turn them on I justified that afterwards by "trying to hide who is waking people up at night with jet noise" :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

I'm having a weird issue, altitude lader doesn't show up on both PFDs, it was working fine.

It was?   That's pretty incredible because the 737 Classic doesn't have an altitude ladder display. ..never did.  Check out Jan's old videos ...looks exactly like your screenshot.

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

The logo lights are not required navigational lighting - they are purely for marketing purposes. Whenever I forgot to turn them on I justified that afterwards by "trying to hide who is waking people up at night with jet noise" :lol:.

It makes perfect sense :D

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

It was?   That's pretty incredible because the 737 Classic doesn't have an altitude ladder display. ..never did.  Check out Jan's old videos ...looks exactly like your screenshot.

Ok... I had to be dreaming, or got confused with other addons :huh:... moving on :lol:

Thank you both

Edited by S3rg1o
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Litjan said:

The period in which a special upgrade price was offered has ended. There were many many emails sent out to existing customers to alert them to this fact.

No, that's a lie Cameron told, or whoever told those lies, and is so dissapointing!!! Not everyone received the email. Is ok, I no longer interested on this or anything from you guys anyways, lost all respect. Merry XMas and enjoy your day! You can close this account or ban me, I will not be visiting this site again!!!!! I'll stick to the xplane store, they don't need to lie and make up stories. Ciao

image.thumb.png.8711d56feeeb67d634ae27eb65e161da.png

image.thumb.png.e652fe95ba95f8cc7af7fb0d35f16ac1.png

1 hour ago, Ebaul2k5 said:

No, that's a lie Cameron told, or whoever told those lies, and is so dissapointing!!! Not everyone received the email. Is ok, I no longer interested on this or anything from you guys anyways, lost all respect. Merry XMas and enjoy your day! You can close this account or ban me, I will not be visiting this site again!!!!! I'll stick to the xplane store, they don't need to lie and make up stories. Ciao

image.thumb.png.8711d56feeeb67d634ae27eb65e161da.png

image.thumb.png.e652fe95ba95f8cc7af7fb0d35f16ac1.png

Is not a lie. It is as how he put it, I got mine, did you check your junk email, probably got deleted.

Edited by mjrhealth

4 hours ago, Ebaul2k5 said:

As you were shown in a followup reply to your claim about lies being made, evidence was shown to you where you chose to unsubscribe from our e-mail marketing system in August. The e-mail you are showing in your screenshot is (as seen in the image) from April of 2023. There's a reason you didn't get Black Friday and Cyber Monday emails.

No lies are being made here. We would have loved to have your money when the chance was there. I have cropped out your name and email from the left pane for privacy reasons, but in the attachment image I sent you in an e-mail reply that info is retained for you to see as proof.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.15.04 PM.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 2:15 PM, Cameron said:

As you were shown in a followup reply to your claim about lies being made, evidence was shown to you where you chose to unsubscribe from our e-mail marketing system in August. The e-mail you are showing in your screenshot is (as seen in the image) from April of 2023. There's a reason you didn't get Black Friday and Cyber Monday emails.

No lies are being made here. We would have loved to have your money when the chance was there. I have cropped out your name and email from the left pane for privacy reasons, but in the attachment image I sent you in an e-mail reply that info is retained for you to see as proof.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.15.04 PM.png

I never received the email, and I check my spam folder every day. It's possible I may have opted out of the marketing emails, I don't know. BUT most companies let you opt out of "marketing" emails but still receive important emails regarding your account and items relevant to purchases (such as those eligible for an upgrade). This email should have been in the latter category. If it was sent as only a marketing email (with the full knowledge that many legit users would miss it because they have understandably opted out of marketing) is kind of bad faith at worst and amateur hour at best.

9 hours ago, jsperl said:

I never received the email, and I check my spam folder every day. It's possible I may have opted out of the marketing emails, I don't know. BUT most companies let you opt out of "marketing" emails but still receive important emails regarding your account and items relevant to purchases (such as those eligible for an upgrade). This email should have been in the latter category. If it was sent as only a marketing email (with the full knowledge that many legit users would miss it because they have understandably opted out of marketing) is kind of bad faith at worst and amateur hour at best.

E-Mail providers are very strict on requirements concerning blacklisting communication channels that are deemed spammy in nature. Curating multiple lists that make it so one customer has to unsubscribe from each at a time is a near guaranteed way to get your "license" to send e-mail communications with a bulk mailing service completely revoked.

It's not bad faith or amateur hour at all. The tolerance threshold from these bulk mail service providers is very low, and I'm not about to play the gamble game with it.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

E-Mail providers are very strict on requirements concerning blacklisting communication channels that are deemed spammy in nature. Curating multiple lists that make it so one customer has to unsubscribe from each at a time is a near guaranteed way to get your "license" to send e-mail communications with a bulk mailing service completely revoked.

It's not bad faith or amateur hour at all. The tolerance threshold from these bulk mail service providers is very low, and I'm not about to play the gamble game with it.

I don't doubt anything you've said here, just that many companies, large and small, have managed to figure it out. In the end, it's your good customers that lose, I guess.

41 minutes ago, jsperl said:

I don't doubt anything you've said here, just that many companies, large and small, have managed to figure it out. In the end, it's your good customers that lose, I guess.

While some companies do it, it is a very frowned upon tactic from the bulk mailer point of view. You run the risk of having a customer think they have unsubscribed from your e-mails, only to continually get them from you in other categories. This then results in reported spam ratings out of frustration from the customer who thought they previously unsubscribed (sometimes more than once), which in turn runs the risk of the bulk mailing service to have their server IP blacklisted. That then also affects the mailing service's other customers (not just me) on the shared IP address.

Google and Yahoo, as of this month, have also clamped the grip tighter to force specific e-mail headers be sent with e-mails allowing one-click unsubscribe. They are not fans of the multiple list method you desire here either.

As one who has also long been involved with mass email campaigns, I can sympathize with this. Of course, another option, given these limitations, would have been to not have a time limitation on letting customers who took a chance on the first version (which was never quite finished, even). I would say most companies, large and small, have opted for this route, or at least an initial offer, then graduating to a permanent upgrade price somewhere in the middle. It's almost unheard these days for any provider to reward their customers' loyalty with a hard-line full-price or nothing upgrade policy - you guys are truly the outliers on this one.

I only first learned of this new version yesterday, as I have just staring getting back into XP after being totally out of the loop for a year or so. I know that had I know about this offer at the time, I certainly would not have hesitated to jump on it. Oh well, I snoozed I lose, and no one wins here, because at the moment I'm in no mood to pay full price for this product again.

55 minutes ago, jsperl said:

Of course, another option, given these limitations, would have been to not have a time limitation on letting customers who took a chance on the first version (which was never quite finished, even). I would say most companies, large and small, have opted for this route, or at least an initial offer, then graduating to a permanent upgrade price somewhere in the middle. It's almost unheard these days for any provider to reward their customers' loyalty with a hard-line full-price or nothing upgrade policy - you guys are truly the outliers on this one.

I only first learned of this new version yesterday, as I have just staring getting back into XP after being totally out of the loop for a year or so. I know that had I know about this offer at the time, I certainly would not have hesitated to jump on it. Oh well, I snoozed I lose, and no one wins here, because at the moment I'm in no mood to pay full price for this product again.

I appreciate your candid feedback and understand your perspective on our upgrade policy. It's clear that you have given this matter considerable thought, and I want to acknowledge your feelings of disappointment upon discovering the upgrade offer after it had expired.

Our decision to set a time limit on the upgrade offer was made after careful consideration of various factors, including our development costs, the value we believe the upgrade offers, and our desire to reward early adopters while also maintaining a sustainable business model. We recognize that this approach may differ from other companies in the industry, and we respect that every business has its unique strategy and policies.

We genuinely appreciate the support and loyalty of our customers, including those who took a chance on the first version of our product. Our intention was never to alienate or undervalue our customer base but to navigate the complexities of software development and product lifecycle management in a way that allows us to continue delivering high-quality updates and new features.

I understand that the timing of your return to X-Plane and discovery of the new version's availability was unfortunate, and I'm truly sorry that this has led to disappointment. While our policy on the upgrade offer remains as stated, we value your feedback.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.