FlightSim Expo 2023

Rick310

4 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Reel it in, @Rick310

There's another forum where you can get away with trash talking X-Plane and its users.  

https://www.avsim.com/forums/

We discuss things in a mature fashion in these forums.  

I am not trashing x-plane. I love x-plane. I have ask this thread to be locked and you refused to do it, because it was getting ugly before I went on the attack mode. I have no problem discussing things in a mature fashion. I did not think you would censor people in here. I guess I was wrong.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

I am not trashing x-plane. I love x-plane.

I beg to differ.  Your very first post was all about how it's too late for Laminar.  X-Plane 12 is falling behind.  MSFS has taken centre stage.  We've seen it all before from many others.  This forum is one of the places we can all discuss X-Plane without someone coming in repeating, ad nauseam, "RIP X-Plane" and the like.

6 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

I have ask this thread to be locked and you refused to do it, because it was getting ugly before I went on the attack mode.

Did you not expect a reaction when you insult Laminar employees...and people I consider my friends?  As well as, 

7 hours ago, Rick310 said:

Because you do not know how to fly anything. You just talk BS.

Are you deliberately looking for an argument??

We don't lock threads in here at the drop of 1 or 2 insults.  When it gets well and truly out of hand, that's when we step in.  A locked thread usually gets locked when it gets to the point that a ban is also in place.  

9 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

I have no problem discussing things in a mature fashion.

Excellent.  

9 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

I did not think you would censor people in here. I guess I was wrong.

Locking threads is censoring people.  You are free to say what you want.  But we are also free to take steps to de-escalate the situation using appropriate measures if things take a bad turn.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I beg to differ.  Your very first post was all about how it's too late for Laminar.  X-Plane 12 is falling behind.  MSFS has taken centre stage.  We've seen it all before from many others.  This forum is one of the places we can all discuss X-Plane without someone coming in repeating, ad nauseam, "RIP X-Plane" and the like.

Did you not expect a reaction when you insult Laminar employees...and people I consider my friends?  As well as, 

Are you deliberately looking for an argument??

We don't lock threads in here at the drop of 1 or 2 insults.  When it gets well and truly out of hand, that's when we step in.  A locked thread usually gets locked when it gets to the point that a ban is also in place.  

Excellent.  

Locking threads is censoring people.  You are free to say what you want.  But we are also free to take steps to de-escalate the situation using appropriate measures if things take a bad turn.

I started the thread because this is what I read on Fselite.com. And I stated before that every new flight simulator that just gets released is garbage. And right now x-plane 12 is garbage. But I know Laminar will fix it in time. And at some point is time I will buy x-plane 12. Remember the what FSX looked like when it got released? Trash.

Yes I was deliberatily looking for an argument. Insult a Laminar employee, yes, but he deserved it. I pushed to see how far I could go because you would not lock a thread that I started and I admit I should of never started.

Words never hurt me, I have called every name in the book and what you have posted above is mostly true. But since you have asked me nicely to de-escalate the situation. Consider it done.

Most people that know me personally, call me an a#$hole.

Edited by Rick310
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, scooke7 said:

Delicious!

1st picture - Left - How it started...

2nd picture - Right - How it ended...

Guess the location!

QED - "Quod Erat Demonstrandum" or if your latin is rusty,  "That which was to be proven/demonstrated"

IMG_2822- FSEXPO.jpg

IMG_2823-FSEXPO 2.jpg

These pictures also prove nothing, especially since the picture is too low res to read the dialog box.  And, where is the Log.txt file that I asked you to post?

Edited by JGregory
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, scooke7 said:

Delicious!

1st picture - Left - How it started...

2nd picture - Right - How it ended...

Posting a picture of X-Plane using an in development addon that likely has many bugs to iron out before release is not exactly representative of much. I'd be willing to bet good money that CTD was caused by the addon being showcased (which also made clear on-screen that it was work in progress).

5 hours ago, Rick310 said:

I pushed to see how far I could go

This is the kind of rationale I would expect from a child. Just don't.

5 hours ago, Rick310 said:

Most people that know me personally, call me an a#$hole.

That's not exactly something to be proud of.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Posting a picture of X-Plane using an in development addon that likely has many bugs to iron out before release is not exactly representative of much. I'd be willing to bet good money that CTD was caused by the addon being showcased.

I do not care what people think of me or say about me. Words will never hurt me. I will not back down from anyone. So if you feel froggy jump. BRING IT!

On the other hand, I have ask this thread be locked and you refused. Now this is your fault.

Edited by Rick310
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Posting a picture of X-Plane using an in development addon that likely has many bugs to iron out before release is not exactly representative of much. I'd be willing to bet good money that CTD was caused by the addon being showcased.

But I guess when you have the power to kick someone out. You have the freedom to say anything want without being fire back at. I am not going to bow down to this. Your going slam me I will return fire. 

Edited by Rick310
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

I am not being weird. I am being me. Why do you continue to push?

"I may have to go into the attack mode and open up the way I really feel."

"I am not going to bow down to this. Your going slam me I will return fire."

"I will not back down from anyone. So if you feel froggy jump. BRING IT! On the other hand, I have ask this thread be locked and you refused. Now this is your fault."

Your own words. Your own pushing. Enough.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick310 said:

I have ask this thread be locked and you refused. Now this is your fault.

I find your candor strangely fascinating, like something out of some kind of social experiment....strangely refreshing from typical PC rhetoric; however, you wield it poorly IMO, .... whether intentionally to get a rise out of folks or not I can't say of course.   But as you pointed out, we all reap what we sow. both us and you.

10 minutes ago, tkyler said:

I find your candor strangely fascinating, like something out of some kind of social experiment....strangely refreshing from typical PC rhetoric; however, you wield it poorly IMO, .... whether intentionally to get a rise out of folks or not I can't say of course.   But as you pointed out, we all reap what we sow. both us and you.

Every one has an opinion. I have had worst things said about me. Is this the best you got? I am sure you can do better than this.

Again, someone with power to kick me out. Has the freedom to say what they want. But God forbid I fire back.

If you going to kick me, what you waiting for. I will not shut up. Opinions are like A#$holes, everyone has got one.

Edited by Rick310
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

whether intentionally to get a rise out of folks or not I can't say of course

well now I know the answer to that question.

2 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

Is this the best you got?

At my age yes.  Maybe when I was 4 I could keep up with you.     Best I have now is for me to move on.

14 minutes ago, tkyler said:

well now I know the answer to that question.

At my age yes.  Maybe when I was 4 I could keep up with you.     Best I have now is for me to move on.

You ain't nothing. Move on. Fuck you.

Edited by Rick310
  • Downvote 4

FS Expo was such a positive experience and judging from the post-event Youtube vidoes I've seen (I watched most of the product announcements in real-time during the event), I'd say people are still feeling the vibe. This thread turned out to be, IMO, a lost opportunity. I really would have liked to have heard what you guys thought about the event, what surprised you, what you may want in the next event, etc.

Anywho, I caught a snippet of the vibe in another thread on these forum, albeit it was a one-liner.