The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

I believe some of you could be interested in the interview Jan gave us. Many thanks Jan ;)

http://xplane.cz/en/2013/05/31/zpet-ke-korenum/

Hmmm, so if I’m reading this correctly -  I started out on the 737 (300/400/500) as a copilot, then transitioned to the 747-400, flew that for 6 years, then became a captain in 2008 on the 737 (300/500). I flew that until about a year ago, when I was involuntarily transitioned to the Airbus A320 family (319/320/321) because the 737 classic is getting phased out at my airline.

It seems that we can hope for an IXEG 747 and A320! A man can dream… :P

• Upvote 3

Thank you IXEG!!

Don't think I've ever been more excited about an upcoming release of .. almost anything (Including the new Mac Pro;)

I don't even care if version 1.0 will have a zillion bugs. IXEG's ambition and focus on getting the crucial aspects of flight-simulation right is impressive, refreshing and much needed in this community, where flight-model accuracy has generally taken a back seat to exterior hosh-posh. The fact that their VC looks astonishing as well is a huge bonus!

Now it's up to us all to buy the heck out of their product, make their extensive development worthwhile and inspire them to continue with new products. I agree with ktomais - an IXEG 747 would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't said much in a while so here is a verbal update.  We are moving along nicely and we don't like showing in progress work before certain milestones are reached.  We are working on the interior cabin, cockpit shell and galleys and such, most of it is modeled and we are doing texturing and modeling of details in these areas.   This is nearly the last 3D to be done so we have been somewhat keeping our noses to the grindstone as it were and haven't looked up much to post anything.   I would like to think in 6-8 weeks or so, we might get another video up with a lot of the new work in, but there are some other factors that will weigh into this that take higher precedence.  We are staying aggressive trying to reach a late year release if we can.

TomK

• Upvote 4

Sounds good, just one question, though. I think it was Morten who mentioned the other day that IXEG would (maybe) release a basic 3D model of the aircraft along with a paintkit, so that the community could start working on repaints before the actual release. Do you still plan to do it? Personally, I think I'd be cool, because it would basically keep us busy and our mouths shut while you beta test and finish the plane ;-).

we would not rule it out, indeed we have passed it to one individual on a bit of a trial basis.  We still have some exterior areas to touch up before we do that though so if we do this, it would probably not be until  after Aug 1 at the earliest.

TomK

Wow Tom! Talk about fast response! Thats why it is so much fun to come here! =)

I have never seen so much nice detail in a galley! The seats are so round and nice! Look at that curtain!!!

Imagine to hit replay after a flight at night and then sit in a seat and look out the window! That will be nice!

The walls looks great, very nice "plastic" feel as in the real aircraft!

• Upvote 1

wouldn't it?    and some other stuff too ;)

Now, by other stuff, I do hope you mean packets of dry roasted peanuts for every seat! Right? Come to think of it do airlines even supply packets of peanuts these days?

Excellent stuff though fellas. Some serious texturing finesse shown here.

Rhydian.