X-Plane 10 Crashes with version 3.1.1

Kopelent

X-Plane is crashing on every start 10 second after the scenery is loaded. Can`t use version 3.1.1

SoundMaxx license check OK.
Gizmo64: OpenGL<->Physics Offset Default Init: -11116.734, 506.899, -28778.404
Gizmo64: Tried to use physics engine without loading an OBJ8 file. Ignored, can't draw!
SkyMaxx Pro: Location set to lat 47.258403 lon 11.352878 alt 581.953841
SkyMaxx Pro: Changing cloud conditions.
SkyMaxx Pro: Will re-use cached cumulus congestus layer.
SkyMaxx Pro: Created cumulus congestus layer alt 1705.162964 size 50000.000000 density 0.714866
SkyMaxx Pro: Created cirrus layer alt 9273.163086 thickness 0.000000
SkyMaxx Pro: Cloud conditions changed. Current target visibility is 42229.808594
Audio is not editable.
[SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Thanks for posting the Log.txt file.

It's pretty clear that SASL is going crazy. There are lots of repeating nonsensical messages in your Log.txt file.

I cannot give you any advice as to what they mean.

I can say that problems with SASL are extremely rare and no one else is reporting any.

Because your case is an isolated event limited to only your machine I'm going to have to ask you to use a different aircraft.

I suggest choosing an aircraft that doesn't use SASL at all.

As the product (RWC) is new to market the next few hours may show that other users have a similar problem to yours but I certainly do not expect this to happen.

Hello, I suffer from crashes due to the nvidia driver. Before installing Skymaxx v3.1

I never had these problems, now I randomly closes x-plane giving the driver error. I have not changed any settings in the rendering option nor touched other plugins. Now i have skymaxx v3.1.1 and the new RWC.

Attach Log and  some screenshots. I opened a ticket on x-Aviation. 

Unlike Kopelent not think it's a SASL problem, it seems more than Skymaxx loads the VRAM over its limit 3gb

Ciao

Marco

skymaxx.png

rendering.png

nvidia-crash.png

Log (1).txt

nvidia chash gpuZ.png

i think i found the bug, it was an corrupt ORTHO4XP Photoscenery, now i removed the one and for the moment the system is working again, but i continue testing, because it is an little suspect, because the verson 3.1 of Skymaxx was working without an problem (crazy).

• Upvote 1

I´m experiencing multiple X-Plane crashes since the update of SMP 3.1. See the error message. I couldn´t complete a flight since the new update. This is really sad. Also, am I right that when I use the NOAA plugin and select "always" with the RWC, it only shows me squares of clouds or of clear skies?Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, K4bel123 said:

There it goes again. Trying to fly my route from EDDM to LGKR and about halfway down the route it crashes... These new Skymaxx Updates and/or the RWC make X-Plane unflyable for me. I´m really disappointed!

You need to post your Log.txt and perhaps a screenshot of your SkyMAXX and X-Plane rendering options.

These will be far more useful than pictures of the crash report message.

Have you tried reducing your options and/or different aircraft, different scenery?

X-Plane is a complicated collection of parts these days and can be easily crashed if you pile on the options and the content all at the same time.

Yup, we'd need to see your log.txt. Looking at your screenshot, you don't have an overly high cloud draw area set, so I think there is some sort of plugin or scenery conflict going on. Updating your video driver might be worth a shot, but let's see your log first.

19 minutes ago, mpedroni said:

I try new figlth LIRF LFPG all ok until final after 1.5 hour and than again crash of nvidia driver

You're probably loading up your VRAM too heavily and experiencing a crash after long term fragmentation that it can not recover from because you have left it such a small margin to work with.

3 minutes ago, mpedroni said:

i re-fly this leg with "old" skymaxx v3 without no problem, I have nvidia gefore 780 with 3gb of VRAM, so i think there is for me some troble with v3.1 and v3.1.1

If you are unwilling to reduce your options so that you have more VRAM available to avoid fragmentation you are going to have trouble.

The new plugins combined allow much more power - but the power is in your hands. Please try reducing your options so that more VRAM is left available.

You are down to about 10% free.

Please imagine how this 10% free gets very thinly spread after hours of flying, as per this diagram;

Eventually something tries to load that is too big to fit in any of the tiny fragmented slots of VRAM you have left and - BOOM - your driver crashes.

You have the power to reduce the VRAM load. Please try it.

malloc_memory_fragmentation.png

23 minutes ago, K4bel123 said:

This time I had a new error message (error code 8).

I´ll attach the Log.txt

I think Ben's right and you're running out of VRAM while loading. Your driver is just giving up. You've got a lot of add-ons and a lot of high-resolution custom scenery loading up.

SkyMaxx Pro 3.1 consumes a little more VRAM than 3.0 did. I suspect you were just on the edge of running out in 3.0, and 3.1 pushed you over the edge.

Try starting your flight somewhere that does not have custom scenery, and see if you have better luck. From there, you'll probably need to lower some settings in SMP if you're not willing to sacrifice your other add-ons.

Also double check that you have SkyMaxx Pro 3.1.1 installed, and not 3.1. 3.1.1. uses a little less memory.

6 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

There it goes again. Trying to fly my route from EDDM to LGKR and about halfway down the route it crashes... These new Skymaxx Updates and/or the RWC make X-Plane unflyable for me. I´m really disappointed!

Untitled1.png

I have this issue, only, with X-Crafts ERJ-170 v1.1; with and without SMP 3 or 3.1 or 3.1.1. 

Hmm, I'm also experiencing crashes after running X-Plane for ~30mins (every time, so not random). The last entry in the logfile always reads

SkyMaxx Pro: Coordinate system changed; recreating weather.

I'm using SMP with RWC and NOAA. To me this looks as if it always happened when METAR.rwx is rewritten (not MAXX_METAR.rwx - at least from looking at the time stamp of said file, but this could of course be a coincidence...)

Btw. for me I can exclude a VRAM limit issue; I have a Titan X and X-Plane tells about using ~3GiB out of 12 available, so there should be more than enough margin...

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt