What's Next?

Crj Fan

Since IXEG is very serious about system depth and the "feeling" while operating the aircraft, it's necessary that at least a real pilot is a member of the team.

You know they are developing a 747 for example, if a captain with the right type rating joins the squad [emoji3]

...or if that captain is already on the squad. ;)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, reincarnate said:

Since IXEG is very serious about system depth and the "feeling" while operating the aircraft, it's necessary that at least a real pilot is a member of the team.

You know they are developing a 747 for example, if a captain with the right type rating joins the squad :D

I am working on that...B) just about 800 guys ahead of me. Give me a few years...

Jan

• Upvote 3

I was secretly hoping for the Concorde, too, and one of the big teams in flight sim world to decide and make one for the X-Plane. The system complexity and the nature of flying this aircraft have always fascinated me, truly an engineering marvel. I imagine it would take a lot of effort to make but an unimaginable joy to fly.

Of course if such a project is out of the IXEG scope, certainly an MD-11 shouldn't be :P Ok, first let's wait for the 737-300 and remain busy with it for a while, but a long haul aircraft would make a good complement to it.

19 hours ago, -VETTE said:

I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that the -400 wouldn't be TOO difficult (considering it's mostly the same, just with things moved). I'm guessing it'd be mostly modeling work that'd have to be done. However, for what I'd really love to see (mainly due to the increased range) is a -500, and I KNOW that would be difficult. Either way, I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I'd like to have a -300 first ;)

Interesting, I thought the -400 would be more difficult because there are some changes to the pressurization system due to the longer fuselage. But yeah, the -300 is my favorite, too, for various reasons :-).

18 minutes ago, ONDR4.cz said:

Interesting, I thought the -400 would be more difficult because there are some changes to the pressurization system due to the longer fuselage. But yeah, the -300 is my favorite, too, for various reasons :-).

Interesting, I didn't know they made changes to any systems for the -400, but that makes sense. Also, I don't really have a preference between the CLs, but I hope they do a -500 because it means I can fly farther.

3 hours ago, -VETTE said:

Interesting, I didn't know they made changes to any systems for the -400, but that makes sense. Also, I don't really have a preference between the CLs, but I hope they do a -500 because it means I can fly farther.

I'd hope for the auxiliary fuel tanks as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, captain_alligator said:

A320 gets my vote. It's such a popular airliner and we don't have a good one for X-Plane.

However, I'd also love to see the A380, so far there isn't a good one on any platform. It's been flying in the real world for so long now it's about time somebody tackled it!

Aside from the fact that Jan doesn't seem to be a big fan of Airbuses (understatement of the year?), they have mentioned that developing an Airbus to the degree of realism IXEG strives for is likely close to impossible or simply not feasible. 

If you're looking for a good A320 or A380, your best bet is probably waiting for QPAC to get their update out. I could also see Flight Factor doing an A380, considering it's somewhat closer to the A350 than other aircraft. Neither of these will probably be as deep of a simulation as the 737C though. QPAC's A320 might get close some day :)

• Upvote 1

What's next?... I think is not the time to talk about the next project when this one is still latest stage of development.

But on the other hand, and while we impatiently wait for the release, it is OK to dream about what bird these guys can make.

But for now I think the next will be that IXEG take a deserved rest and a deep breath before starting to deal with all the questions and posts, and for sure a huge number of people asking for help, once is finally released !!!!

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Aeropayo said:

What's next?... I think is not the time to talk about the next project when this one is still latest stage of development.

But on the other hand, and while we impatiently wait for the release, it is OK to dream about what bird these guys can make.

But for now I think the next will be that IXEG take a deserved rest and a deep breath before starting to deal with all the questions and posts, and for sure a huge number of people asking for help, once is finally released !!!!

Of course. They deserve to do whatever they want and need.
Indeed, I think this topic is just a little bit of fun. Indeed dreaming about what they could turn their abilities to.
Neither of us is in a position to demand anything ;)

• Upvote 2

It would actually be nice to eventually release the -400 and -500 variant.  I think it is safe to say that would take considerably less effort than completely new aircraft.  I also don't know if a cargo variant ever was a factory option, but I have seen some quick change models, combi and full on cargo -300s... Maybe a cargo variant for those freight dogs out there.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, LPNils said:

Hmm. Another airliner I've missed since switching over to XP is either a Fokker 70/100 or Fokker 50/60.

True!

I actually flew few days ago on Swiss' fokker 100(operated by helvetic) to Zurich, coincidentally to attend training in Swiss Aviation. Those planes definitely have some charm!

Edited by Morrigan
  • Upvote 2