Will the 737-300 ever be updated on a regular basis?

For the price I paid for this aircraft, it is rarely updated, and there are plenty of things that could be fixed or made better. It's a shame, really, because I enjoy flying it for the most part, but it is always a guessing game whether or not the FMC will have problems if you try to change something in flight or the mode control panel will function properly throughout the entire flight. It is so close to being great I had hoped for a little better.

• Upvote 1

It is a contemporary misconception that a product is more valuable if it gets "frequent updates". The best product is the one that does not need updates - updating something means that it was in need of an update - hence not as good as one that is not in need of an update.

The mode control panel works perfectly and if you are having problems with it (at least I can find nothing wrong with it and I flew the real aircraft for 10 years), I will go out on a limb here and say that you are not using it correctly.

The same goes for the FMC, except for the clearly outlined  areas where we consider it not fully functional yet as detailed in this post:

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v15/

If you find anything not working in EXCESS to what is outlined in that post, please let us know.

Best regards, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Downvote 1

It's nice to see how your not fully functioning FMC is a feature of a product that doesn't need updates because it's already perfect. You haven't had any improvements or bug fixes in a very long time, and you are hiding your head in the sand, saying it's perfect already because you don't know what you're doing. It's just sad. I am sure all the people on the internet complaining about the same problems are just people who do not know what we are doing because the 737-300 is so complicated we just can't get it: my god, the ego on you. It has bugs. That's just true whether you like it or not. I own thousands of dollars of payware, and a developer who does not keep up on updates has never been a sign of a product that doesn't need updates but a developer who abandons their products. Do better.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PatMaweni said:

It's nice to see how your not fully functioning FMC is a feature of a product that doesn't need updates because it's already perfect. You haven't had any improvements or bug fixes in a very long time, and you are hiding your head in the sand, saying it's perfect already because you don't know what you're doing. It's just sad. I am sure all the people on the internet complaining about the same problems are just people who do not know what we are doing because the 737-300 is so complicated we just can't get it: my god, the ego on you. It has bugs. That's just true whether you like it or not. I own thousands of dollars of payware, and a developer who does not keep up on updates has never been a sign of a product that doesn't need updates but a developer who abandons their products. Do better.

Wow. Talk about a failure to comprehend what was said to you. :o

There was no denial of updates in the future, or that the product is in need of them. You just chose to take it all in a whole other way than intended.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

I comprehended what was said to me: a developer trying to blame a customer's lack of knowledge for product flaws. News flash to IXEG: It's a 737, not the Felis 747-200, which is far more complex, marvelously cared for, updated constantly, and operates flawlessly. So when he throws out the fact that he's a captain to try and cover up the fact that the product is full of problems, it's pathetic.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, PatMaweni said:

I comprehended what was said to me: a developer trying to blame a customer's lack of knowledge for product flaws. News flash to IXEG: It's a 737, not the Felis 747-200, which is far more complex, marvelously cared for, updated constantly, and operates flawlessly. So when he throws out the fact that he's a captain to try and cover up the fact that the product is full of problems, it's pathetic.

Well, if you won't tell us your issues ?????

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PatMaweni said:

Wow. You're really triggered.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I think there is different philosophy of small and frequent updates vs big and fewer updates.

Clearly IXEG is on the later. while Pat prefer different one.

As I would guess, IXEG 733's FMC been an old platform, many issue could only be resolved after completely new system have been dropped, patch it now might be possible but waste of work once new FMC is dropped in.

There are other issues like APU fuel consumption and Master caution reset etc. etc. (just see them in bug report forums). Maybe IXEG try to get them once and for all with, IDK, 1.6?

Since IXEG still utilize full uninstall/reinstall for simple update, it might be better by making big updates, but...it's kinda fixable as there are many other products using better update measures *Cough* SkunkCrafts *Cough*

I can feel Pat's disappointment as there are nothing for over 3 quarter, things are moving slower than I would expected too, and Litjan's reply doesn't really help.

Hope when the new update drop, it would be a fantastic one, and sooner rather than later!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm The way I fly I generally don't notice the bugs lol.. I absolutely love hand flying this plane, lovingly copied a private livery from a 600 and made it my personal 737..

I guess there are more updates coming, right?.. I wouldn't have imagined it to be "abandoned"?.. lol. Bit of a drastic statement to make on ol' IXEG team. I do get the frustration due to the price point  and the FMCmadoodle having a few problems but, surely it ain't abandoned lol.. Part and parcel of being a pilot is to overcome slight issues and work around them. If something pisses me off with an FMC error in any plane weather it be a bug or my ignorance, I go back to dials and needles, whatever's left of them, these days :( .

B733 - 2024-07-13 13.11.25.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry its not getting updated as fast as any of us would like.  I wake up every day and have to make decisions about what to work on and balance my requirements against the customers.  They never align for everybody and never will.  

Its not abandoned, it will get updated and updates will be free for many many years to come. 

-TK

• Like 3

Quick question, when I get to the point where I flare on landing, I am having to pull full aft on the stick and it still wants to nose over.. Not really getting this with any other plane.. Just wondering, have I missed something?..

Hmm, maybe I'm cutting power too soon.

Edited by Vanadeo

19 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I dont know what the issue is with price, this has being continually updated for years, and have you not noticed cost of living has gone up everywhere.

What are you having a dig at me for?.. I never said I have a problem but, you know, some people use that to get at bugs, which I understand, and I do know it has been updated but some people use the price point to get at the frequency of the updates, which I get. At the same time these people aught to understand that developers have lives too, and for the most part, can't spend every hour updating minor bugs. 

What's your angle with the cost of living exactly?.. I'm sure the devs don't just rely on one piece of software to earn a living lol, redundant statement. Yeah I've been aware of most things going on in the current world, thanks!.

Edited by Vanadeo

On 7/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, tkyler said:

Sorry its not getting updated as fast as any of us would like.  I wake up every day and have to make decisions about what to work on and balance my requirements against the customers.  They never align for everybody and never will.  

Its not abandoned, it will get updated and updates will be free for many many years to come. 

-TK

Free?

It was abandoned for years, and now the XP12 upgrade will cost me $85, which as one of the longest serving customers, I’m not prepared to pay. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Free?

It was abandoned for years, and now the XP12 upgrade will cost me $85, which as one of the longest serving customers, I’m not prepared to pay. 

He wasn't talking to you. You're not a customer of the 737 Classic Plus.

To those that are, yes, FREE. You can attempt to label years past as abandoned, but even those years from 2016 and on saw many free updates, including through the X-Plane 10 to 11 transition.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 2:50 AM, Iain said:

It was abandoned for years, and now the XP12 upgrade will cost me $85,

Was never abandoned, and considering the work required to bring it to xp12, there is a video on it, you should be glad its still here, Its the amount of work required for the update that has caused so may add ons to be dropped or become paid upgrades. It is still the best 737 out there and only getting better, with or without you.