Project 3

Goran_M

We're all cheering for you. Do whatcha gotta do. If it takes longer, so be it. I know your work... and you want everything right.

We'll gladly wait the time it takes. Thanks for all your hard work, persistence and endurance as you near the finish!

Thanks for that.  We want to hurry and finish it but we don't want to rush it.  We're confident it will be worth the wait if it does go overtime.

Looks fantastic! NWA Airlink is the one I was really hoping for.

Do you by any chance still have the spinners reversed? I see the red of the fuselage on the outside of the spinner.

Spinners will be fixed.  Theo wants to finish the repaints first before he does anything else while I add all the manipulators in the cockpit. 

Can we expect a PenAir livery sometime down the road?

While I do manipulators, Theo will do repaints.  If I'm still on manipulators when he's finished our shortlist, I'll get him to do a PenAir. 

We've already added 3 more repaints to our list.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Continental-Connection-(Colgan/Saab-340B/1498267/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Express-(Colgan/Saab-340A/1061238/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Connection-(Mesaba/Saab-340B-Plus/1648114/L/

If he doesn't do it for the initial package, he'll probably make one a few weeks later.

Just remembered: what's the plan as far as the A and B versions? Is this the A version we're seeing now and the B version will come as an additional-cost upgrade?

Currently this is the A version.

B version is set to be in the works sometime, though no price plan is set.

Assuming we cram in the features we plan to for the B, and re-do the model as necessary, the B version will be its own product.

Just remembered: what's the plan as far as the A and B versions? Is this the A version we're seeing now and the B version will come as an additional-cost upgrade?

Currently this is the A version.

B version is set to be in the works sometime, though no price plan is set.

Assuming we cram in the features we plan to for the B, and re-do the model as necessary, the B version will be its own product.

Good to know, looks like I'll be waiting.  ;)

Just spent the last 2 days getting the engine gauges working properly.  Turbines are such fun.  Especially when the engine spins much faster than the prop.  It's a good thing I don't mind math.

Lots of testing now.  Just preliminary stuff.  Making sure it all works properly.  More manipulators and clickspots to add.

Also, with all textures at their maximum resolution of 2048 x 2048 and all the Gizmo coding, I'm getting 40+fps in the air with an E6750 and a 1GB Graphics card.  Some textures WILL be reduced before we finish though.  

And a screenshot to show the artificial horizon (3D mesh version) duplicating the EFIS artificial horizon.

grab290.th.jpg

we'll have some night lighting screenshots to show soon.  Probably sometime in the next week.  

Small update

Since Theo is going to work tomorrow and I'll be stuck at home working on more manipulators and flight model stuff, I thought I might throw up some work in progress Night Lighting.  

There are a few small areas that need a little adjusting but we like how it looks so far.

grab000d.th.jpg

grab001t.th.jpg

grab002hu.th.jpg

grab003z.th.jpg

grab004v.th.jpg