Indicator/panel visablity in daylight with panel light off

AngelOfAttack

MCP panel when in daylight, the panel marker is black, not white as all other panel is.

And the LED number indicator on EIS is just unreadable. number LEDs on after elec panel is also very dim, I'm not sure if it's actually true on real aircraft, but I think they should be designed to be readable in day light with panel lights off then?

1557300918_Screenshot2023-09-2614-42-15.png

1138735420_Screenshot2023-09-2614-42-33.png

Was looking into this just now and wondering if there's something more sinister here.  I made some changes to the MCP and just assumed it was messed up via your report...but now, testing it in both day/night with all light levels...its looks fine on my end....however....there are some things I can check...clearly someothing is going on for you.

For the pedestal..looks like you have the pedestal "panel lighting rheostat" down.?

image.png

Edited by tkyler

3 hours ago, AngelOfAttack said:

MCP panel when in daylight, the panel marker is black, not white as all other panel is.

Yep I'm seeing this as well. With the light switch off the MCP panel labelling should be white not black.
Maybe some alpha channel/masking thing.

image.png

Edited by maub
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NOTE that the B733_mcp  image file (png and dds) will be gone in the next patch.

It was a hack of a system from 2010, before the DDS textures...and I've redone it to proper XP standards with modern lights.

image.png

@maub  Unsure how that may affect the text at night....be curious to know..even if that texture is going away.

@Bulva replace the two DDS textures with theses PNGs and you should be fine.   

B733_mcp.zip

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 6

yea...when certain texture files have certain pieces of information in them...in the alpha channel, etc..it caues X-Plane to change rendering state and stuff can start drawing weird and not "getting light", etc......and we had an alpha channel where we weren't supposed to....so just a matter of time before it caught up to us.  Glad to move past this one.

TK

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...