VR Feedback/Recommendations

JC_YYZ

8 hours ago, Wavecourage said:

Hey Mike, you can use the OBJ file that is available in a post in this chat. Disclaimer is that the modified obj file is not directly supported by hotstart, les or xaviation at this time , but we received approval for the time being. Once you place that obj file in yhe objects folder, you can yhen download the vr config file and place that in yhe cl650 main aircraft folder and all should then work for you. Enjoy 

Currently there is no VR config file except for the one that severniae and I created. 

Ok, I will install those tommorow. Is there anyway to make the controller less sensitive when turning dials? 

12 hours ago, louism said:

I find the chart zoom button is not working with the controllers. Is it because I don't have the latest updated files?

Otherwise great job for all the teleport spot placements and switches, it is just AWESOME to fly the 650 in VR :wub:. The modeling, the sounds, the systems. Oh my god, simply next level of immersion!!! THANK YOU TOTO AND @Goran_M!!!! My #1 sim dream of having a biz jet finally came true in the form of the BEST add-on ever, and from no other than my favorite add-on developers of all time.

Cherry on top is it's the Challenger and I am from Québec, based in CYUL. :P

Thanks for the spot - I've just included some fixes for those in my config file. I'll send it over to Goran.

I'm not going to share my updated version at the moment as it relies on changes to the OBJ file and I don't want to redistribute any of HS's assets, and I hear update 1 is just around the corner - so let's wait until that is released, and then if necessary I'll post the latest VRConfig file.

• Upvote 1

I was having a issue getting the adg test switch working but this has it working with the mouse and VR controllers.

In the CL650_cockpit.obj I have.

ATTR_manip_command_axis    hand    0    -0.050000001    0    CL650/pedestal/adg/test_up    CL650/pedestal/adg/test_down    ADG Test

In the CL650_vrconfig.txt I have.

BEGIN_MANIP command_axis CL650/pedestal/adg/test_up CL650/pedestal/adg/test_down
ACTION command_switch_up_down CL650/pedestal/adg/test_up CL650/pedestal/adg/test_down
HOLD_MANIP
END_MANIP

Bill

Edited by sparker256

54 minutes ago, jrrogers said:

@severniae Did you have a chance to look at the VR configuration for the external doors such as for fuel, oxygen or lavatory servicing? It takes quite a lot of fiddling with the VR controller to open or close these doors.

Not yet, I will do this week.. I just noticed myself that they aren't exactly VR friendly - should be an easy fix soon as I have time..

6 hours ago, Franz said:

Didn’t you send the changes to goran ? Seem no VR fixes in the 1.1 ver. 

Would indeed be interesting to get some more insights on where VR fixes/improvements to the CL650 are on the further dev roadmap (e.g. further down the line, only after first all additional features got implementend) or even could be expected (just a ballpark ETA at best) from the dev team.

• Upvote 1

All,

With permission from Goran from Hotstart, I am sharing my VR Config file, and edited CL650 cockpit object.

Just unzip and place the files in your C650 folder - make a backup of the object file prior in case you want to revert.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fPhnHghObnaA-f47WavSrAy2FqDSejVv/view?usp=sharing

Just a note - this configuration isn't officially supported by HS yet, so please if you encounter any bugs and want support, revert to the original cockpit file.

Please let me know if you encounter any VR issues, or have any suggestions relating to the config file - I'd like to finesse it as much as is possible..

Enjoy!

James W

EDIT: Link updated with file for version 1.2.2

Edited by severniae
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, sparker256 said:

Adding this to the cl650_vrconfig.txt file has the yoke trim switches working.

#ELEVATOR TRIM

BEGIN_MANIP command_switch_up_down sim/flight_controls/pitch_trim_down sim/flight_controls/pitch_trim_up
DEG_PER_ACTION 7.5
HOLD_MANIP
END_MANIP

Thanks! I'll add this to the config file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 4:05 PM, severniae said:

I need to re-upload the cockpit file to work with the VRConfig - won't get chance today but will do it tomorrow. :)

The VR config will still work for everything apart from the 3-position switches until I update the file.

Are you going to upload that file soon?

• Upvote 1