Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm only using a laptop with an i7-9750H 6-cores 12-threads clocked at 3.5GHz, GTX 1660 ti (mobile) running at 2,000 MHz with 6GB VRAM, and 32GB of RAM.

I don't seem to be experiencing this with other aircraft, just the Challenger 650. I get around 35 FPS on the ground, which is about 5-10 FPS less than what I got with the TBM-900. Attached below are my settings. 

Thanks!

2022-01-09.thumb.png.dc2a5a0ad1f2f3bb2a67eaac8277d74b.png

Edited by esperez0802
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did some testing and I noticed that I am only having this issue with rather large and sophisticated sceneries where I would get 35-40 FPS in the cockpit, but only around 20 FPS in the FBO and exterior view. Moving to a much simpler scenery got me around 50-60 FPS in both the cockpit and exterior view, and 35-40 FPS in the FBO.

However, I realized that after switching liveries in the Airframe Manager, my FPS goes all the way down and caps at 5 FPS, making me have to restart the simulator when doing so.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esperez0802 said:

However, I realized that after switching liveries in the Airframe Manager, my FPS goes all the way down and caps at 5 FPS, making me have to restart the simulator when doing so.

Sounds like maybe VRAM related? Might have to drop to Medium quality. Also, Medium objects for general single thread CPU bottleneck reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Turn your reflections off, you simply cannot afford to have them on. On that card AA may have to go down a notch. You may also be suffering from Thermal throttling heat is bit of issue on laptops.

I keep my CPU temperature at around 70-75 Celsius which should be good from what I read before. All other planes are working fine with these settings, but I'll take note of your recommendations. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Pils said:

Sounds like maybe VRAM related? Might have to drop to Medium quality. Also, Medium objects for general single thread CPU bottleneck reasons.

I switched liveries in a relatively light-load scenery where my VRAM was only roaming at 3-4 GBs. I'll double check though, it may have jumped to 6 GBs when I switched liveries. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, esperez0802 said:

eep my CPU temperature at around 70-75 Celsius which should be good from what I read before. All other planes are working fine with these settings, but I'll take note of your recommendations. Thank you!

There is a lot more going on in this add on than any other plane you have, also Reflections have always being known to be an issue which is why few use them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, my 5 cents and observation to that topic.

When doing my first ever flight with the challenger I have seen just the same issue.
X-Plane nearly  default installation, CYUL, no scenery addons. The stutters were quite severe and have not seen them with other add ons. On ground and in flight.
I only fly in VR.

I later moved to europe where I have quite some Othos installed, in addition some scenery. The stutters were gone and never happened again. So, except to that only flight in US no more stutters.. Anything US related the CL does different to US? :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xplana said:

Hey guys, my 5 cents and observation to that topic.

When doing my first ever flight with the challenger I have seen just the same issue.
X-Plane nearly  default installation, CYUL, no scenery addons. The stutters were quite severe and have not seen them with other add ons. On ground and in flight.
I only fly in VR.

I later moved to europe where I have quite some Othos installed, in addition some scenery. The stutters were gone and never happened again. So, except to that only flight in US no more stutters.. Anything US related the CL does different to US? :)

What are your hardware specs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same issues with constant stuttering every few changes that seems dependent on Gizmo settings (changing the threshold/potency definitely has some influence, I just can't determine what's best yet. They're the same stutters as with the IXEG 737). I'm finding running a threshold of 300 and potency of 200 seems to deal with most stutters but not all yet.

My hardware is an i7 10700KF, RTX3080, 32GB RAM and XP11 on an SSD. Please let me know if you need any logs, textfiles, etc!

Thanks for an amazing aircraft, the details and immersion is really next level!

 

Edited by CaptainLHKLM
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, i think I can confirm that indeed the GIZMO plugin is triggering the stutter.
Its behavior in the plugin manager ist like that. Each couple of seconds it pops up in the resources diagramm and seems to eat up about 15-25% of the FPS and immediately disappears again. Whats weird I have flown several hours without this happening, currently as I am flying it´s back in place since about 25 minutes or so..

Is there any sort of log I can provide for checking?

Edited by xplana
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xplana said:

So, i think I can confirm that indeed the GIZMO plugin is triggering the stutter.
Its behavior in the plugin manager ist like that. Each couple of seconds it pops up in the resources diagramm and seems to eat up about 15-25% of the FPS and immediately disappears again. Whats weird I have flown several hours without this happening, currently as I am flying it´s back in place since about 25 minutes or so..

Is there any sort of log I can provide for checking?

I agree, I'm having similar issues being caused by Gizmo. I have removed almost everything from my sim except Gizmo to confirm and its eating up my FPS. Very strange and annoying. Hopefully we will find a fix soon. I also believe X-aviation uses Gizmo so that might be related to it, but I have no idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've run a bunch of A B testing on Gizmo retail vs Gizmo dev branch and it looks like a bunch of this is on me. 

I'm seeing some pretty abysmal perf numbers out of retail. :(

The good news is I'm seeing some significantly better numbers out of the dev branch...

Will push harder to get you all something soon.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...