X-Plane 11.50 beta (13+) breaks TBM-900

Lensman6

Loving the TBM-900.  Running X-Plane betas and the TBM worked fine until Beta13.  From that point forward, can't so much as move the bar on the overhead.  Plane is completely unusable.  

What is the plan to update the aircraft to work with new X-Plane?  Waiting for final release to make the update?

Please advise.

46 minutes ago, Lensman6 said:

Loving the TBM-900.  Running X-Plane betas and the TBM worked fine until Beta13.  From that point forward, can't so much as move the bar on the overhead.  Plane is completely unusable.  

What is the plan to update the aircraft to work with new X-Plane?  Waiting for final release to make the update?

Please advise.

Did you install a Gizmo beta? Did you keep it up to date?

Attach a copy of X-Plane / Log.txt if in doubt.

Edited by Ben Russell

18 minutes ago, Lensman6 said:

I did not install Gizmo beta.  Is that required??

No. But recent versions had an expiry timer and if you haven't run X-Plane for some time it might have been causing an issue without you realising.

As you don't use the beta, this does not apply to you.

11 hours ago, Lensman6 said:

Reinstall of aircraft did NOT fix the problem.  It did wipe out all customizations though :-(

Short of reinstalling X-Plane entirely, any other suggestions?

Maybe temporarily move other plugins away from plugins folder just to try...

• 1 month later...

Well, we're closer. Re-installing with the AV off did get the files necessary there, but it looks like your computer is struggling:

G:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/plugins/systems/win_x64/systems.xpl : Error Code = 1450 : Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-resolve-error-1450-insufficient-system/ede7ec19-138a-4840-bf36-593e2b42b0d0

The above is someone with a similar problem in Windows. My first advice would be restarting your computer and trying again.

Just now, Lensman6 said:

what is the latest version of Windows 10 you have used this with?  I'm currently running the most recent feature update, version 2004.  Will give some of this a try in the coming week and post back.  

I personally do not use Windows, but considering most people have automatic updates on Win 10, I'm sure thousands of our current users are. I'd venture to say this has nothing to do with that.

Again, try restarting your computer first, then go from there.

A streamer has just flown the TBM a few days ago after the last major update to Windows 10.  

If your crashbar is not moving, there is something in your hardware of your X-Plane install that is not allowing it.  Can you install a second copy of X-Plane, with just the TBM and test again.  Make sure all AV software is either off, or you add the X-Plane folder as an exception to your AV.

On 6/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, skiselkov said:

Found the issue with the Localizers. X-Plane 11.50b10 changed one element of the localizer nav data encoding (bearing), which broke the custom localizer simulation code in the TBM. Compatibility workaround will be included in the next TBM update.

Hi Guys,

@Goran_M

When will the update for the TBM will come, to fix some of the issues that we know about?

As everyone says, we like the looks of the new FS2020, but the flight models are still far from being polished and we enjoy the TBM

This is resolved.  Something with anti-virus was causing the issue.  I shutdown AV (TotalAV BTW), installed second copy of X-Plane, updated to 11.50r3, loaded TBM, and everything is working.  Have put the X-Plane folder in the AV exclusions and hopefully will be no more issues.  Now to reset all the presets and what not.

@Marius_B I too purchased and downloaded FS2020 and flew the TBM.  FS2020 is a toy compared to X-Plane.  It does do a much better job of rendering the world but the flight model is lacking and the cockpits are Fisher-Price like.  Save your money and wait for them to clean this up

Looking forward to next TBM update.

Any plans for newer model TBM sims??

12 hours ago, Marius_B said:

Hi Guys,

@Goran_M

When will the update for the TBM will come, to fix some of the issues that we know about?

As everyone says, we like the looks of the new FS2020, but the flight models are still far from being polished and we enjoy the TBM

No ETA yet.  There are still a few issues left to address.

3 hours ago, Lensman6 said:

Any plans for newer model TBM sims??

No plans at this time.  Focus in on the CL650.

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

but the flight models are still far from being polished

Yes, the flight model(s) in MSFS is the only thing that's "far from being polished" in MSFS said no one ever.  What's the point of that statement?  MSFS is new, streams ortho (very convenient) and does a nice sky.  Not actual weather, just a nice sky picture.  Purchased the super deluxe or whatever and am looking forward to see where it goes.  Right now it's just a promising public early access beta that will probably require a lengthy period of patches and fixes.