Issues with 11.50b10

jelder

These are probably xplane induced errors in the latest beta, but thought I would report that the TBM seems to be crashing b10, here are a few lines from my log file:

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1811: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1812: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1813: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1901: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1902: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1903: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1905: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1913: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\2004: Access is denied.

2020-06-04 22:19:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot stat D:\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\2005: Access is denied.

and then at the bottom:

2020-06-04 22:20:11 TBM900[except.c:171]: Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Backtrace is:
0 00007FF632195AE7 D:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+0000000001075AE7 ()
1 00007FF631578A04 D:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+0000000000458A04 ()
2 0000000000000100 D:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+0000000000000100 ()
3 0000000000000100 D:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+0000000000000100 ()
4 0000009672FFF488 D:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+0000009672FFF488 ()

Jim

Hi,

I also experience some issues, since the Beta 10

The GPS approaches are working fine (both LPV and LNAV+V), but no ILS approach is working in the TBM, the green indicator is selected, but no CDI an, of course, no capturing the localizer.

The glideslope works, but it can be used only for reference in manual flying.

Another issue that I noticed is that the autopilot does not stop at the assigned altitude, both VS and FLC, after it reaches the altitude, it is a fight with the elevator trim.

I tried both the Experimental Flight model and the standard model.

Thank you

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.06.06 - 14.05.50.67.jpg

@Marius_B, your screen shot shows that AP is in ROL and PITCH mode, so it won't follow the ILS down.

I have observed this behaviour every now and then when ILS gets activated (if I remember correctly, even on 11.41, in fact I haven't tried Beta10 yet). AP switches from NAV/APR to ROL/PITCH with APR button remaining activated. Solution is simple: just activate NAV and APR again.

It's always good to double check if the AP is in the correct state.

Hi,

It was in manual flying, because it was not displaying the CDI, so I had to land manually.

Even so, the CDI should have appeared, so I could use it as guidance (the ILS frequency was correct, I even set it in the both NAV radios)., but even the name was not appearing at the side of the frequency 

I tried the same approach with the Cirrus and the Cessna, the CDI appears and works fine.

Also, as I said if I choose RNAV, the GPS approaches are working, both LPV and LNAV+V

Edited by Marius_B

@okidokki

Hi Okidokki,

I tried to apply the hint you gave me but, unfortunately, I had no luck! I tried the same flight, with a very simple flight plan, took off from the airport that I know very well, go to the nearest VOR, then activate the approach and try to get back to the airport.

The moment I activate the Approach, the AP is following the fixes, both LNAV and VNAV, the issue starts at the FAF, the PFD changes to Localizer, it is not tracking anymore the lateral navigation, it just goes in a circle. I tried many times to deselect NAV and APR and select again, I also disconnected the AP and activate again, no luck. The ROL is continuously displayed, I cannot do anything but disable the AP and land visually. At this airport it is no problem, it is my home airport and I can land without issues, but I am trying to practice for the bad meteo conditions. I really do not know if I m doing anything wrong, I flown the Hotstart TBM for hundreds of hours, I had no issue like this. It happened a few times to have failures, or ILS approaches which were not working, but I assumed that they are part of the 'fun', as normal failures.

In this case, I check the maintenance, there is no fault indicated, the plane is as new :-)

Also, the same procedure, in the Cirrus or the C172 works fine, the ILS approaches are OK, automatic or manual, this is why I wonder if there is anything that it is out of the normal

I tried now the same approach with the Aerobask DR401 and it works well, I stayed on the AP, 'riding' the GS until the minimums....

Thanks

X-Plane_Screenshot_2020_06.07_-_21_05_00_55.png

Edited by Marius_B

On 6/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, Marius_B said:

Hi,

I also experience some issues, since the Beta 10

The GPS approaches are working fine (both LPV and LNAV+V), but no ILS approach is working in the TBM, the green indicator is selected, but no CDI an, of course, no capturing the localizer.

The glideslope works, but it can be used only for reference in manual flying.

Another issue that I noticed is that the autopilot does not stop at the assigned altitude, both VS and FLC, after it reaches the altitude, it is a fight with the elevator trim.

I tried both the Experimental Flight model and the standard model.

Thank you

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.06.06 - 14.05.50.67.jpg

I have the same issue. ILS approach doesn’t seem to work in 11.50b10. 
Flew to EKCH and ESSV today and had the same problem. Had to land manually with no Localizer information. 
Did you figure out a solution?

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, not yet!

I tried everything I could think of, Experimental Flight Model, Standard one, Vulkan drivers and OpenGL, I created a new airframe, still the same behavior. I thought that maybe the radios failed, but in the Maintenance page all is like New....

At least a bit of relief is that I am not alone.

Maybe Goran will see our posts and he might suggest a possible solution.

Edited by Marius_B

11 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

When you report problems include ALL the reproduction steps. What airport? What runway? What approach were you flying? Where were you located? With what you have told me so far, I really have nothing to go on

I flew to two different airports. EKCH and ESSV,

EKCH: After vectors I tried to get established on ILS DME RWY 22R approach.

ESSV: After vectors ILS Z rwy 21.

I switched to LOC but couldn't see CDI.

I got the glideslope but the aircraft couldn't catch it so I could only use it as information for the manual land.

This started in X-plane 11.50b10. I flew many ILS approaches in 11.50b9 without issues.

Hi @skiselkov,

I am trying the following plan;

LROP (Romania Otopeni) towards the FLR VOR, then ILS08R approach (vectors)

When I activate the approach, it follows the GPS points (OBELA) both LNAV and VNAV, when it switches to FAF FF08R, CDI commutes to ILS and no more tracking, the plane does not follow anymore the direction, no VNAV, the ILS does not show the LSI, only the GS is working and I have to land manually.

Please let me know what other details are useful, I will send them all to you!

I love the plane, it is the best ever simulated, I enjoy a lot the Synthetic Vision, I know that it is your 'baby'! :)

This lockdown I took the TBM around the world, I really enjoyed flying it in all the beautiful places! 

I am attaching a photo from 'visiting' Tarbes, Daher factory :)

Thank you and the team for this amazing plane!

X-Plane_Screenshot_2020_06.02_-_17_47_47.08_LBFT_Tarbes_Daher_TBM_factory.png

Indeed, there is no more ILS approaches on 11.50 Beta 10. I could confirm this today. SBCY airport, ILS-X RWY 35 procedure, there is no localizer (ILS frequency was tuned, the CDI was auto switched by LOC, but the LOC needle is gone). The glideslope is present, but the AP do not follow it anymore, by pressing the APR button. It was doing fine on beta 9, did this approach many times before.

Regards,

Felipe.

Anyhow, at least until the ILS approaches will be 'attended', I think that we should practice more the RNAV approaches, considering that they will, in a not so distant future, and taking advantage on the technology advancements, become more and more utilized. Hopefully, one day, the LPV approaches will be used even for autolanding.... :) 

RNAV_QFacts_final_06122012.pdf

I did a flight yesterday & also noticed the ILS wasn't working on NAV 1 however I did find that NAV 2 appeared to be tuned in & showing both glide slope & Loc.. I was hand flying by that stage so not sure if the AP would have tracked correctly. 

Haven't had a chance to get back & see if this was a one off for the NAV 2 to be tuned for the approach & not the NAV 1.

I have manually installed AIRAC 2006 cycle.  

Then I reverted to 11.50b9 and had the same issue. I left the navdata untouched so it could be the problem.

Marius_B no not use Navigraph data and still have the ILS problem.

But if you look at Marius_B:s screenshot you can see that the Obstacle database seems to be new. So 11.50b10 could have messed up the navdata in some way.

I'll try to use the navdata from beta 9.