Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.21 Update Released!

Cameron

40 minutes ago, okernel said:

All seems good on Mac.  Successful Flight YBBN to YSSY.  FPS no improvement on my machine, perhaps even a bit worse.  No complaints though.  Thanks

fps has been tuned for consistent rate rather than peak rates.

peak rates were higher in older versions but it came at the cost of larger more noticeable spikes.

when both plugins were tuned for consistent rates the new plugin ran better in the lab.

• Upvote 2

Just tried a quick take off from YMML before getting ready for bed. I deliberately left the cargo hatches open (ground handler missed those when doing his check:))

At just over 10,000' the horn went off and pressure dropped. No 1 engine bleed faulted. I think I noted everything. This A/C is the cat's pyjamas & a joy to fly. I am spending far too much time having fun.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lyxelso said:

Hi guys, thanks for your work & the new update but unfortunately i have a error when loading the aircraft : using windows 10 & x-plane 11.error.png

Can you try to run without the "show vortices" option enabled in the preferences menu and see if the issue persists?

Thanks, Jan

44 minutes ago, lyxelso said:

Hi guys, thanks for your work & the new update but unfortunately i have a error when loading the aircraft : using windows 10 & x-plane 11.error.png

Bug confirmed.

Cause is a change I made to Gizmo late last year on 13th December 2017.

Strange that it hasn't been reported by anyone else until now.

Fix will require a Gizmo update which is a bit tricky at the moment due to personal circumstance. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Can you try to run without the "show vortices" option enabled in the preferences menu and see if the issue persists?

Thanks, Jan

Hi Litjan, Initially the option was 'on' & it's when i turned it 'off' that the error appeared. i've tried to reinstall but now every time i load the game, i have this error.

13 minutes ago, lyxelso said:

Hi Litjan, Initially the option was 'on' & it's when i turned it 'off' that the error appeared. i've tried to reinstall but now every time i load the game, i have this error.

The issue is a classic "ram buffer" C programming bug. It may help to reduce the plugins you have loaded or simply reboot.

Expect it to show up randomly.

This is why it's not been a problem until now.

The plugin revision has been in active use by a fair number of users for about 37 days and there have been zero reports of the problem until today when it's gone "into the wild" with all the config flavours that come with that.

Hi all :)

I'm seeing the same as Alejandro Serino. FPS is high, so it's not a problem, but around 10fps lower than it used to be. If there is any data you want me to provide on the matter, please don't hesitate to ask. FPS on my computer is absolutely fine, but lower than before. 

• Upvote 2

Alejandro: (insert a sentence where i'm boasting about my new GPU I got 2 weeks ago here, making everybody nauseous ...) 

Another thing I see, is that all the engine-indicators are gone, but if I remember correctly, that's a 10.20vr1 bug in X-plane. 

Positive feedback:

• The flight model (which I have no knowledge/authority on what-so-ever) is working great! Just took off pitching for 15 degrees, and the airplane responded well and did exactly as it did in X-plane 10. 
  • Those reflections... What can I say.. They certainly bring another level of immersion
  • Re-install without hotfix worked flawlessly! Also, no 5-minutes stutters waiting for activation that I get from another famous X-plane store. (welcome to Norwegian latency-issues)
  • I don't know if you changed the model or texture of the cover right above the PFD, but it looks great! 
  • Greasers are back! No more hydraulic-fluid replacements needed after landing. If you upgrade the sound in the future, please include "passengers still sleeping"-sound, as there is no change in h*** that they felt the landing I just did. It's not the Boeing-way, but hey, who are they to tell me that my passengers can't experience the comforts of a steady hand on the yoke. 
  • Relé clickidy-clack-bang sounds and CRTs coming alive... Yep, has always been there, but still deserves recognition :)

Edited by Torbjoern

Thanks Torbjoern,

About the FPS, according ti Ben (Gizmo) the change is that the FPS no longer fluctuates as much as they used - more stable.  But 10 fps seems much.  Could also *maybe* have something to do with the reflections being back.  Anyway we will investigate further.

Since I have 2gig of VRam and operate the IXEG 737 at 20 or so FPS in detailed airports, a loss of 10FPS would pavent me from using the update in XP11. I hope that you can recover the lost 10FPS.

One man's loss of FPS is not another's. You need to try it for yourself, much in the same way that one guy has 5 fps gain on SkyMaxx and the other has 5 fps loss. Everyone's system is different.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, stayup said:

Since I have 2gig of VRam and operate the IXEG 737 at 20 or so FPS in detailed airports, a loss of 10FPS would pavent me from using the update in XP11. I hope that you can recover the lost 10FPS.

It could well be that the reflective surfaces in the cockpit make you use more than the 2 GB of VRAM that you have - this would severely slow down the framerate. In this case you can try to lower your resolution setting in the X-Plane rendering options menu. With 2GB of VRAM your current VRAM use should not be more than ca. 1.8GB or so - or you risk severe slowdowns.

Cheers, Jan