Xplane 10

Simmo W

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lighting, and night lighting in particular look absolutely stunning and must have undergone a total rewrite. Looks like scenery designers will finally get to use real lights that cast light on moving objects like planes and cars. Can't wait to see some day time shots! ;D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :);):D

Becuase this sort of thing would be great in x-plane

Orbx ? Do they plan to release their sceneries for X-Plane 10 ?

Not to my knowledge, my post was justa  reply to sully as to what I would love to see in a day shot of xp10.

Doubt it will look anything like that but am hoping for some 'at least fsx quality' default airports in at least the major cities

The shuttle textures look nice, but what's with the aliasing/jaggies around the edges of the model? That looks awful. I hope it's just a wrong setting on the render options, or maybe it's a bad enlargement of a smaller screen shot? Austin needs to be careful about releasing stuff like this, because some people (like...er, me) will look for the flaws as well as the obvious eye candy.

On the Orbx stuff... Someone will eventually do that level of scenery for X-Plane, but I wouldn't expect it in the stock program. I'd rather see the effort go into flight model, the overall render engine, weather etc. At the risk of offending the scenery builders here, I think scenery at that level of detail is mostly just a lot of grunt work on the production end. I love seeing scenery like that, and would buy it if it was available for X-Plane. I just can't help but feel that we're in a temporary era of hand-made scenery anyway. Eventually Google will figure out how to solve the privacy issues involved in mapping your neighborhood in high-res 3D.

Its called anti aliasing... Austin quite often puts up unaliased shots. Which seems a bit in a products preview... but I wouldn't go as far as to say it looks awful. Even FSX'ers know that X-Plane's AA can be set. It is a vast improvement... But the lighting engine doesn't look very different to X-Plane 9's engine.

The lighting still looks like its done with images and the lights do go into the ground but the glow is not physical. Its something that is done in the eyes. Therefore I think the draw order should be higher than the ground so it shouldn't go in the ground.

Also the Weather system looks the same, however, its a WIP. So i'm sure austin hasn't got round to impliementing it all.

I'm being nit picky, and the shots still look great. Good job Austin and Ben!

The lighting still looks like its done with images and the lights do go into the ground but the glow is not physical. Its something that is done in the eyes. Therefore I think the draw order should be higher than the ground so it shouldn't go in the ground.

Also the Weather system looks the same, however, its a WIP. So i'm sure austin hasn't got round to impliementing it all.

Yes, lighting system does look like V9's with a little bit of improvement. Agreed on that one.

About the weather, I know it's a WIP but still my eyes couldn't see any significant improvement in it.You can see how the clouds look in that Shuttle screenshot. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

I think it's still far too early to point out any criticisms in XP 10.  If it was ready, it would be on the market.  V9 went from 9.2 to 9.6 and is still being improved. 

What you are seeing is most likely not the final version. 

AFAIC, I think it looks spectacular and can't wait to get my hands on it.