The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Are flight instruments cleary visible? Or do you think that we will have pop-up screens like in the Crj200?

I think the instruments are perfectly readable and good enough for accurate manual flying. It all depends on the view, of course. If you "sit" yourself by the cockpit door to view the whole cockpit, then no, they are not readable enough for accurate flying.

If you use a sensible view with all of the necessary instruments and the whole window in view, then yes, they are very clear. It does depend on your resolutions setting, of course and the distance from the monitor you sit at and so on.

We will likely provide pop-ups of some things that are hard to manipulate accurately while using TrackIR, for example. One would be the CDU for the FMC.

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is o cool, talk about system depth!

Am i right about this?

1 recirc fan - just a fan that helps move air through the plane for always get fresh air.

2 isolation valve - just to block / open air from left to right o be able to change preassure on each side

3 apu bleed - air from apu engine, needed to start engines with packs off.

Then i honesly dont get it, what is 1,2 and L and R pack?

Is the bottom 1 and 2 switch air from/to the engines?

Is the pack some kind of pump that can be shut off or go on "high" mode?

Anyway , looks like i need to study the fcom. Any chance for tutorial after release?

This is o cool, talk about system depth!

Am i right about this?

1 recirc fan - just a fan that helps move air through the plane for always get fresh air.

2 isolation valve - just to block / open air from left to right o be able to change preassure on each side

3 apu bleed - air from apu engine, needed to start engines with packs off.

Then i honesly dont get it, what is 1,2 and L and R pack?

Is the bottom 1 and 2 switch air from/to the engines?

Is the pack some kind of pump that can be shut off or go on "high" mode?

Anyway , looks like i need to study the fcom. Any chance for tutorial after release?

You got it right.

The recirculation fan takes air from the passenger cabin, filters it and then returns it into the air streaming back into the cabin from the airconditioning packs.

The "packs" are air-cycle machines that take hot air from the engines or APU, compress that air - cool the compressed air and then expand it again to make it cool. Then they mix this cool air with the original hot air as desired to get the right temperature (the air-mix-valve does that).

The switches on the bottom are controlling supply into the pneumatic system by left engine, APU and right engine.

There will be a tutorial and also a short description of each system, enough to let you use it in an everday situation. To understand each system fully you will have to study the FCOM.

Jan

You got it right.

The recirculation fan takes air from the passenger cabin, filters it and then returns it into the air streaming back into the cabin from the airconditioning packs.

The "packs" are air-cycle machines that take hot air from the engines or APU, compress that air - cool the compressed air and then expand it again to make it cool. Then they mix this cool air with the original hot air as desired to get the right temperature (the air-mix-valve does that).

The switches on the bottom are controlling supply into the pneumatic system by left engine, APU and right engine.

There will be a tutorial and also a short description of each system, enough to let you use it in an everday situation. To understand each system fully you will have to study the FCOM.

Jan

Where may I find the FCOM?

Please note; In my experience it takes a lot of time and effort to put together a good video.

Pre-planning and at least one practice "run-through" are required.

Spending time budget making previews and screenshots only takes away from more productive parts of the process.

Note: I am not a part of the IXEG team but I do support them in any way I can by providing insight into the SDK or expanding Gizmo as they need.

• Upvote 1