Gear indicators go to red during flight

When I take off and raise my gear and it's fully retracted the indicator lights go out but after some time in flight they suddenly display red.  The gear handle is in the off position and the gear never actually begins to come down, but the in transit indicators light up.  Is this a bug or is it caused by misuse of some sort?  Thanks for your time and great job overall on this beauty!

• Upvote 1

Landing Gear warning Config - Visual Indications (737-300)

The landing gear indication lights are activated by signals from each gear, the LANDING GEAR lever, and the forward thrust lever position as follows:

Green light illuminated – landing gear is down and locked.

Red light illuminated –

• landing gear position is in disagreement with LANDING GEAR control lever position (in transit or unsafe)

• landing gear is unlocked

• landing gear is not down and locked, and either or both forward thrust levers are retarded to the idle range.

All lights extinguished – landing gear is up and locked with the LANDING GEAR control lever UP or OFF.

Now we are very lucky that IXEG has the clever system for the Aural indications! On most of our 300's at Jet2 we get a gear warning horn, flaps 1 through to 10 with the thrust lever position 10 degrees or less and the gear not down. You can imagine how annoying it is having to constantly canx this warning horn on every approach. Boeing fixed this problem and brought in the radio altimeter as an extra requirement for the horn. To be at or below a rad alt height of 1000ft/1500ft (depending on the aircraft) is needed for half of our 300's. The 800 also has a rad alt height requirement of 800ft or less.

Hope this helps the understanding of how the system works and varies between different 300 type and the NG. 

Regards

Craig 

• Upvote 4

On lundi 25 avril 2016 at 9:12 PM, Tivish said:

How can i turn the alarm off, when I accidentally put the gearlever to down while flight (very short) - I wanted to put it on off and it was a bit to much and now I have a alarmsound and dont know how to turn it off. :(

Well there is a horn cutoof button close to the right side of the throttle on the pedestral, but i don't know if it will cut that specific sound

• Upvote 1