Very slow frame rate!

Maxime

BTW: After reloading the plane I had another issue. The soft keys of the Garmin on left side of the cockpit have no longer works, so I could not switch to another mode. Anybody else had this?

Frank

Yes, me. See http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=730.0

Did not happen again since then though. Also, I have not (yet) noticed the performance issues that are discussed here.

Jens

I've had some further discussion with Laminar on this issue, and we'd like some more diagnostics done. Here's what we'd like from those experiencing this issue:

1. When the FPS are down to a low level, please state what your FPS are in: 3D view, 2D view, Exterior view, and Forward No HUD view.

2. What is your CPU usage when your FPS are low?

One important test in addition to the above:

Turn your texture resolution down one level. Restart the simulator and see if the low FPS can be reproduced again. The point of this test is to help see if this is a resource exhaustion.

Thanks!

Meanwhile I can say the FPS drop down after 1 hr. of every flight. I changed the texture res from "extreme res" to "very high" and turned off shaders. The good thing was the FPS went from 19 to 20!

1) 3D cockpit: 20-21 fps; 2D cockpit: 26-27 fps; full screen without hud: 36-37 fps; chase view (plane zoomed in): 21-22 fps; chase view (plane zoomed out): 36-37 fps

2) The CPU usage was continually 100% at 1 from 4 cores, always in cockpit 3D view, no matter how the FPS!

Is it normal, that the C400 PlugIn non-stop searching for the license_key.txt? I found this entry a million times in my log.txt:

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 4890.23 License path is: (/Volumes/Frankies Mac/Users/frank/Applications/X-Plane 9.00/Aircraft/Retail Aircraft/JGX_C400_1.00/license_key.txt)

iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB, Mac OS X 10.6.3, X-Plane 9.50rc3

Frank

Is it normal, that the C400 PlugIn non-stop searching for the license_key.txt? I found this entry a million times in my log.txt:

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 4890.23 License path is: (/Volumes/Frankies Mac/Users/frank/Applications/X-Plane 9.00/Aircraft/Retail Aircraft/JGX_C400_1.00/license_key.txt)

Ups, yes. Same here

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3916.23 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3917.23 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3918.24 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3919.27 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3920.29 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3921.33 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3922.33 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3923.37 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3924.37 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3925.38 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3926.40 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3927.41 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3928.42 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3929.43 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3930.43 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3931.45 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3932.48 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3933.49 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

C400 Plugin: Registered. Timer is: 3934.50 License path is: (Y:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\ADDONS\GA\JGX_C400_1.00\license_key.txt)

This makes the Log.txt grow very rapidly. Perhaps the reason for the issues people are having after a certain time? My flights seem to be always somewhat shorter ...

Jens

I've had some further discussion with Laminar on this issue, and we'd like some more diagnostics done. Here's what we'd like from those experiencing this issue:

1. When the FPS are down to a low level, please state what your FPS are in: 3D view, 2D view, Exterior view, and Forward No HUD view.

3D   19-20 (fog warning)

2D   22

Ext  24-30

Fullscreen without HUD 65

2. What is your CPU usage when your FPS are low?

11%

One important test in addition to the above:

Turn your texture resolution down one level. Restart the simulator and see if the low FPS can be reproduced again. The point of this test is to help see if this is a resource exhaustion.

I am one down lower trees, lower raods, lower view(high) everyting lower then other planes (lower then MU2 and Falco)

I cannot reproduce it immeadetly cause the issue is solved for a while after reloading the C400

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I also get this issue. FPS starts at around 45-70 fps in 2d cockpit when first opening, then an 30 minutes or so later it is around 30. Exterior gets around 30 when first opening, but goes down to 19 ect. 3d Interior also gets similar performance as exterior, but just a tad higher. Sometimes when I first open the C400 fps are 19, but putting my computer in sleep and then re opening it puts the fps back to normal. My system is a MacBook Pro with 2.5 GHz 512 mb Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT if that helps you guys any. Hope this gets resolved soon! :o

Hi Guys.

This definitely seems to be an issue with Gizmo.

I'll get a new version out soon that addresses this, but, for now, as Gizmo is only being used for contacting the license server, once you have registered your product feel free to simply disable Gizmo "in sim" by going to Plugins > Plugin Admin, finding Gizmo in the list and disabling it.

Once disabled you should be able to fly as long as you like with no FPS leak.

Sorry for the hassle.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

I'm getting a significant drop in fps when I turn on the nav and strobe lights. I go from 30-35 fps down to 19 in a heartbeat. I'm on an old G5, but it's pretty gutsy for an old girl. 2.3ghz dual, Nvidia 7800GT with 256 VRAM, 6 gigs RAM.

Have pixel shaders off, which helps a lot. Flies beautifully without lights on, though. Just have to stay VFR :)

It could very well be my machine. Just seems odd that only the lights do it. Seems like such a simple thing.