What aircraft types would you like us to do most?

Cameron

What category of aircraft do you prefer?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What category of aircraft do you prefer?

• Regional (CRJ, Turboprop, etc)
    • General Aviation (Cessna 172, B200, etc)
    • Heavy Metal (737, 747, etc)
    • Fighters (you like speed!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I mostly fly GA bush planes and helicopters, not the heavy iron, so I voted GA. I've just started messing around in the FSEconomy game, and there some big gaps in planes we can fly in X-Plane vs. the list of available planes to fly in FSE (which is based on the FS9 and FSX market). Based on that, I'd like to see these planes, roughly in order of desirability for me:

Cessna 208 Caravan

DeHavilland Twin Otter

Antonov AN-28

DC-3, and yes I know we already have one payware version, but I'd love to see a more highly detailed model, with all the bells and whistles.

Rockwell Aero Commander

Dornier DO-27 (would be great for sightseeing with TrackIR)

C-130 Herc

• 2 weeks later...

I have three choices:

1) Mooney M20, especially the souped-up "rocket"

2) Cessna 421 or comparable twin

3) Cessna Citation X

Seems any one of these could fill an obvious gap in the sim. I could rejoice over a C130 as well. Or if anyone's doing heli's, I'd love a ch53 super stallion.

I have three choices:

1) Mooney M20, especially the souped-up "rocket"

2) Cessna 421 or comparable twin

3) Cessna Citation X

Seems any one of these could fill an obvious gap in the sim. I could rejoice over a C130 as well. Or if anyone's doing heli's, I'd love a ch53 super stallion.

There is a Twin Otter currently in development as well as another twin engine similar to the C421.

I am actually tempted to make a fully functioning C130 with full 3D cockpit but that project will have to wait until after I finish the 747.

Goran

I am actually tempted to make a fully functioning C130 with full 3D cockpit

version H or J?

Waaaaaay too early to make any firm decisions.  I'll be tied up with the Saab 340 and 747 until the end of the year. 

But X-Plane is going nowhere so there's plenty of time.

There is a Twin Otter currently in development as well as another twin engine similar to the C421.

That's good news! BTW, the Twotter is coming back into production, so it's not just a bush plane relic any more:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704334604575339352407468026.html?KEYWORDS=airlines

I am actually tempted to make a fully functioning C130 with full 3D cockpit but that project will have to wait until after I finish the 747.

I think a high-end C130 would be very popular.

Goran

Twin Otter's cool, but it's nothing like a C421. There's a somewhat decent Beech twin at the org, but it's still lacking the payware quality finish. It also seems to have stalled in development.

The Citation X currently available flies nice, but comes nowhere near the quality we're seeing emerge these days.

Who, by the way, is developing the Twin Otter?

Goran

Twin Otter's cool, but it's nothing like a C421. There's a somewhat decent Beech twin at the org, but it's still lacking the payware quality finish. It also seems to have stalled in development.

The Citation X currently available flies nice, but comes nowhere near the quality we're seeing emerge these days.

Who, by the way, is developing the Twin Otter?

The Twin Otter is a slow going project being made by a developer at X-Aviation in his somewhat "spare time".  I cannot say who it is as they do not wish to be named at this time.

• 3 years later...