February 29, 2012 - MS Flight Release

zoltron_rulez

Well I was looking forward to Microcrap Flight but if they're just gonna release sections of maps and charge ppl for it I don't think I want anything to do with it, looks like a bust to me.

Doesn't cost you to fly the free version. You don't like, you pay nothing. You like it, you pay for additional content. No strings attached!

Edited by zoltron_rulez

Simon, it was:

1. Instrument lights - $2.25

2. Each AI aircraft - GA (Limit 5) $.50 - Heavy (Limit 3) $.1.25

3. Moving Visor - $.25

4. Each additional water craft $.20 - Ferry, Cruise ship or Large yaught - $.55 (no limit)

5. Windscreen rain $1.00 - side windows $.35 (buy one side, other side is free)

6. Rotating Tires $.40 each (For taildraggers, tail wheel included when main tires are purchased)

7. Add IFR capability (coming soon)

Post #30: http://forum.avsim.n...ys/page__st__25

Edited by Sethesus

Thanks Seth. That cracked me up.

Even funnier (apols for the long text, but it's worth it..), is ANY PR post by Microsoft made on their facebook. I just copied all this randomly from their latest post below. I love the guy who says " I have a friend who has played it on a TOSHIBA 11 INCH NETBOOK with about 30~ FPS". Either it's using revolutionary tech, or (wild guess) its flight model and systems are just ever so slightly dumbed down. Oh and "how many points do i get for an ILS approach in a 747 with 200 meters visibility and crosswinds on a fairly short runway"!!!!.

-----------------------

Matthew, because we have been deceived. MS killed Aces studios and with it Microsft Flight simulator only to bring it back a couple of years later by telling us all they are working on a new Flight Simulator " bigger & better". Now we find out is is a game for little kids to mouse around an ICON5 over Hawaii. Just very sad....:(

Tuesday at 5:41am · Like · 8

Houston Genaux anyone notice the "New York" Giants are actually in New Jersey...now there's more hang ups about the word "simulator" and "Simulation" about a Game that no one has even seen in it entirety yet because the "word" simulator has been drop from the title and everyone is upset, as for the NY Giants... really, time for a name change or a move to the state (not just the city) they represent.

Tuesday at 6:04am · Like

Gabriel Guzman No Cessna at least? Wow. You guys fail. Im disliking.

Tuesday at 6:05am · Like · 1

Clinton H Davis Yeah, but how close are they to Rochester........

Tuesday at 6:06am · Like · 1

Osa Aig how many points do i get for an ILS approach in a 747 with 200 meters visibility and crosswinds on a fairly short runway...priceless.

Tuesday at 6:28am · Like · 3

Ilmārs Arsenovičs Hardcore simmers gonna hate

Tuesday at 6:33am · Like · 2

William Mathiesen Look at the "Like" and "Do not like" buttons in youtube; 26 likes and 37 dislikes"! I feel sorry for you guys to waste your time on this project...

Tuesday at 7:23am · Like · 3

Michael Hamilton People seem to think Microsoft owes them somehow, why? Don't like the product then don't buy it. I also find it funny how x-planers bow to great Austin and call MS 'M$' but I don't see Austin giving X-Plane away. Personally I can't wait for Flight, at least I shouldn't need to OC my chip through the roof to play it.

Tuesday at 7:38am · Like · 2

Marcin Kopijek ‎"make a dream of fly become a real!" :))

Tuesday at 8:07am · Like

Alex Dworetzky Looking forward to this product honestly if we only have hawaii, I guess that's ok for now.

Tuesday at 8:10am · Like

Yanis Zanders Just grab a mouse and off you go! Wow, that last statement just showing that this is a kids arcade game with very little to do with simulating the flight as its done in real life! I will stick with more real fs9, FSX, x-plane but not this junk!

Tuesday at 8:14am · Like · 3

Yanis Zanders You fly around the Hawaii, all of a sudden, you hit the invisible wall, upssss, forgot its MS Flight, the world ends here! LOL!!!what a joke!

Tuesday at 8:21am · Like · 3

Houston Genaux is flight going to be "stand alone" or...internet, will I have to be hooked up to the internet to play it? gonna give it a try which I still will have my FSX in stand by.

seeing MS lost millions with the "points" system, the back ground chater is reading the points system will be dumped in 2012.

I don't like the point system.

Tuesday at 8:23am · Like

Gary Steel I'm appalled that the free game I'm in no way obliged to download is different to how I'd like it !!!

You guys bleating on about this being a kids game are doing a pretty good job of convincing the rest of us who the kids on here actually are !!

Have a word with yourselves !!

Tuesday at 8:39am · Like

Helmut Eder But really - looks like we'll have to purchase the world piece by piece! Really makes you realise what a great deal FSX was where the whole world actually came in one package!

Tuesday at 9:03am · Like

Omar Montiel Rod I wonder if is too much difficult to do something like this in your "Microsoft Game"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPSVoO1UMk

Tuesday at 9:27am · Like · 1

Philipp Kühne Hurensöhne!

Tuesday at 9:38am · Like

Yazeed-David Bayyari what about us? Flight Simmers? couple lines they said I didn't like at all and scared me!!

Tuesday at 9:40am · Like

Pat Hern vivement sa sortie :-)

Tuesday at 9:46am · Like

Nathalie Letourneau oh là là tu vas mal finir Pat avec tous ces "compteurs" (dsl de parler en français ça m'aurait pris trop de temps autrement :))))))

See Translation

Tuesday at 9:51am · Like · 1

Tom Jim ‎"Don't need a joystick; don't need a keyboard - grab a mouse and go." Welcome to MSFS for Dummies.

Tuesday at 9:53am · Like · 5

Kevin Griffin This is a great video. From the looks you're on target to grab the market looking to enjoy the experience of flight. Hopefully this funds many more versions on different platforms.

Tuesday at 10:04am · Like

Houston Genaux ‎@ Clinton 244 miles as the bird would fly, which both NY Giants and the NY Jets play in the same "complex" where the met life stadium is and the IZOD dome Center is, which is S/E of Rutherford, NJ on route 3, which Cuomo introduced a new Licenses Plate..for the Giants for just under 100.00

Tuesday at 10:27am · Like

Bill Leaming ‎@Michael Hamilton: Didn't you mean to type Au$tin? :)

Tuesday at 10:58am · Like

Abe Abrahamian What happened to the BETA?

Tuesday at 12:29pm · Like

Christopher Gregg Jesus Stop hating on Flight!!!!!!!! How the heck do you know If you have not played it yet? I have a friend who has played it on a TOSHIBA 11 INCH NETBOOK with about 30~ FPS... Can FSX do that? NO! FSX has the right image but its gaming engine is horrific. I got to try flight and to be honest I LOVE IT!!!!!! And I have played MSFS Since Childhood... MSFlight needs time to grow and blossom so dont blow crap if you have not tried it... Who knows?

Tuesday at 1:02pm · Like · 1

Felipi Piva de Freitas Yes! @Christopher you're right! We never saw the flight... Say to me something that transforms the flight in a game? Just GA aircrafts? Maybe some days after the release a jet could be posted.. The FSX has just 5 jets in 20 aircrafts, the flight is going to have just some aircrafts in the initial release, maybe after several "microsoft add-ons" they could release a 737 or a 747!!!! I always loved the default aircrafts of the FSX, if they're creating addons for the Flight, it should be perfect! And they are paying attention to the flight, so obviously they're already creating different scenarios and aircrafts, as the Beta test phase is finished! So we don't need to get soooo mad!

Tuesday at 1:32pm · Like

Diego Daudt ‎@Christopher Gregg What are you talking about?!?! Who gives about your friend and his Toshiba laptop?!?

A lot of people here are talking about the REAL flight simulators... Not the people like your friend who just bought MSFS just to "get with the program". We're talking about people who really care about the matter.

Flight=failure. Everyone dislike the YouTube video.

Tuesday at 1:57pm · Like · 3

Troy Flater another question i have.. with this be available for xbox 360? please answer this question. If it is you have lost the market for flight simulator software. complete FAIL!!! Dont Fret Simmers. Some day someone will break apart FSX and make a new engine for it. I know for a fact its being done.

Tuesday at 2:53pm · Like · 1

Microsoft Flight Hi Troy. Your first comment was deleted for profanity. A second offense will get you banned.

Tuesday at 3:11pm · Like · 2

Denisas Kizinas PC + mouse hmm... arcade "need for flight" :)

Tuesday at 6:21pm · Like

Phil Mosley The fact you won't see add ons from PMDG, orbx & REX for this is where this game will unfortunately fall out the sky and get kicked in its undercarriage.

Tuesday at 7:10pm · Like

Henryk Schneider Disappointing.

Tuesday at 8:31pm · Like

Houston Genaux heck here's an idea, maybe PMDG could write the operation manual, that's right up there alley, really just what would you do with a 747, 737 in the island of Hawaii? maybe a MS-760 possibly, which would be fun.

Tuesday at 8:55pm · Like

Sam Mustafa Another dumb video game...

Tuesday at 9:38pm · Like

Angel Francisco Vizcaino Hernandez I not sure if MS think in the future.... a DLC system and a Map block extensions? if MS put 1 "funny" plane and 1 block map extension for 1 quarter year, to building all world and put realistic modelated take them hundred of years..... sorry by Flight dislake me. For that system a detailed european or Usa coast can take a extender time to see.... IF MS put a detailed airline craft, navigation planning tools, acurated maps, trafic and ATC them i take a chance. otherwise forgiven me.

Tuesday at 9:51pm · Like

Barry Orlando Basically...don't learn a thing about aviation. Just be fat, dumb and happy behind your keyboard. Pretend that flying is not really a skill to learn and improve on. Hey, you want to do that? Fine! Now go get a Combat Game and at least blow things up so long a reality is NOT your thing. And finally...stay away from a real airport and please don't ask for flying lessons (yeah...real ones) because you're going to kill yourself, or worse, you'll kill somebody else in the process!

Tuesday at 9:55pm · Like · 1

Barry Orlando ‎...unlike NASCAR games....who is going to let you behind the wheel of a real NASCAR on a real track? People can actually go flying, so it makes a lot more sense to know what REAL planes do! Not hating...just watched the video and heard what they said...they are telling you that this is game...nothing more.

Tuesday at 10:00pm · Like

Derek Kwok One questions for Microsoft Flight. Do you have any Jets in your fascinating Microsoft flight?

Tuesday at 10:13pm · Like · 3

Felipi Piva de Freitas Yes, or at least are you planning to create jets?

Tuesday at 11:59pm · Like · 1

Manu de Charenton Default jets have always been a joke. Or you never have tested PMDGs.

Yesterday at 4:24am · Like

Microsoft Flight ‎@Colin: Your comment has been deleted for profanity. A second offense will get you banned.

Yesterday at 4:45am · Like · 1

Cody Barnes The P-51 doesn't even have a cockpit?!? I guess April fools came early this year... I've seen FS FREEware that looks better. Still in disbelief, RIP MSFS.

Yesterday at 4:50am · Like · 1

Bryan Haren Disappointed!

Yesterday at 5:38am · Like · 1

Clinton H Davis ‎Gary Steele, nice twisting of people's words. What we are appalled about is that it IS a freeware "game". We would gladly pay $60.00 (or whatever it costed) for a full fledged next version of flight simulator, WHICH......microsoft hinted at with their very vailed and kryptic announcements up until December/January. IE, we are offering to pay microsoft, and they don't seem to want our money. Seems like a bad business model, not giving the customer something they want and not taking the customers money............Most places would go broke doing that.

Yesterday at 5:55am · Like · 1

Clinton H Davis ‎@houston, no kidding, I never knew they played in the same stadium. Makes it easy of they end up playing each other, I guess. I am not from the east coast, but had a buddy in the Army (way back in 1990) that was from Rochester. That's the only other "New York" town name that I know besides New York City.

Yesterday at 5:59am · Like

Jonathan Cheong disappointed , there're no big bird can be fly.

Yesterday at 3:47pm · Like

Derek Kwok I wait for such a long time and mf doesn't exist big jets.. That means we have to wait PMDG, etc. Third-party company to do so... So disappointed

18 hours ago · Like

Jason Row I am so glad I have X-plane 10 and really beginning to love it

14 hours ago · Like

Rodrigo Amorim When Microsoft begins develop aircrafts as real as PMDG does, surely we'll pay for it. BUT, pay to make a funny arcade flight over Hawaii? Give me a brake.

Microsoft open up FSX source code and make it better for us. It will gives you more money than the new MSF.

5 hours ago · Like

I shall try Ms Flight 'game or simulator' without prejudice, it's not my habit to laugh with something before i know it or tried it.

If the flight dynamics are ok, if you can, beside 'playing' it with low realism settings with your mouse or keyboard, also fly it with high realism settings with my Saitek yoke, pedals and quadrant and is at least as realistic as FSX with addon expansions then it can be nice because the graphics look very good.

But even in that case it will be limited because there will be no room for third party addons so it seems.

So in the worst scenario there's besides an expanded FSX, only XP 10 as a real modern simulator left ( it has indeed great potential but is still in an early beta with many drawbacks: At this moment there are still no buildings on most airports, no seasonal textures, clouds are more processor demanding than FSX even with my GTX 570 card, there is not much AI Traffic unless you let drop your framerate, etc .....)

and: maybe also AeroflyFS from Ikarus which has great potential but is very restricted at this stage: only (stunning graphics !) Switzerland, instruments: only the 'basic six' for VFR flying (no fuel or weight control, no radio's, no NAV, so no IFR and no ATC) but good flight models.

I've read a report in the Avsim General X-Plane forum from a beta tester of Flight who is a retired 737NG Pilot. (KLM and RYANAIR) and he claims the flight dynamics are a lot better than in FSX, dynamics that in my humble opinion are still more realistic in general at this moment than X-Plane 10.04 Beta 2 (groundhandling with wind, exagerated yaw from props, ...), luckily the flight model in the latest beta in wind and turbulence is more realistic, a roller coaster was fun but not realistic flying!

Let's wait and try it. Peace.gif

I5 2500K @ 4.3 Ghz

Asus P8Z68 M-PRO

8 GB 1600 DDR RAM -------------------- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Intel SSD320 160 Gb --------------------Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Asus GTX 570 DCII 1.28 Gb ----------2x Saitek Throttle Quadrant

WD Caviar Black 1 Tb

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Early days: FS2 > FS4 > FS5.1 > FS98 > FS2002 > FS2004

Now: FSX Expanded and X-Plane 10 Demo

Edited by Bigbear

To be honest, MS Flight looks to me like a half ass way for Microsoft to grab some extra dollars from simmers. They can hardly call it a "free" game. The whole idea of having to purchase the visual features, and only being able to fly on one island without paying is crap. I guess I shouldn't be bashing it until I try it, which I will regardless of how they market the program. At this point to me, it looks like it's going to be a disappointment.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

PS Sorry for my little rant :)

EDIT: Geezers, It's a joke isn't it. Oops.

Edited by Graham H

Good find Steve. Great blog too! I just heard one of their paid addons, the P51, doesn't have a cockpit! $9.

Now devs, don't you go getting any new ideas! I can just imagine the blurb 'frame rate friendly and intuitive controls!'

That blog talks about loyalty to Microsoft (well, loss of it). I'll adopt his method. I might have bought a cheap Xbox and a copy of Forza 4. Not any more!!

I just heard one of their paid addons, the P51, doesn't have a cockpit! $9.

Now devs, don't you go getting any new ideas! I can just imagine the blurb 'frame rate friendly and intuitive controls!'

Wow, Simon! Glad I came across this. That gives me a great idea; I should start creating my scenery without custom images...or any elevation terrain data! :) Just think how fast I could get new product out!

Sweet!

RealScenery Melbourne should be out tomorrow... ;)

Edited by RealScenery

Lots of fun talk about this at Avsim! One post asked if detailed high quality planes were available, a reply went something like this:

$1.25 working landing gear

25c Left window

$2.65 3D passenger

hahahahaha. Welcome to MSN

What's the price for virtual fuel ? Will they need to pay for 20 gallons of avgas for the Icon A5 ? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...