Project 3

Goran_M

Thought I might post the latest batch of screenshots with "enhanced" textures.

They are enhanced because, as Theo does the texturing on a Mac, the textures come out washed out on my computer, which runs Windows.  Without going into details, it has to do with the Gamma setting.  I used to set my Gamma to 1.8 in sim but this is not recommended.  So I set it back up to 2.5 (default) and had to do a lot of adjustments.  The finished product will look the same in either Mac, Windows or Linux.

68806443.th.jpg

901201141721pm.th.jpg

aftern.th.jpg

901201140229pm.th.jpg

Still tying up a few loose ends with regards to animations, code and textures.  

If it's not finished before the end of January, I'm leaping into a volcano!

Final testing begins Monday.

These screenshots represent nearly all the final liveries we have.  The missing one is the Saab House livery.  Just making a few small adjustments to that one.

01/15 edit

After scrutinizing the images, we want to adjust a few things.  

Final images pending.

My sincerest apologies for pulling them.  We'll put new ones up asafp!

That's Freaking Awesome Goran. It's been over a year that I've been waiting for it, and I am very excited to see it is so close. Great textures and if I may, Great logo for the project!

You guys are a class act!

Thanks for that, Joe!  Theo takes full credit for the logo.  I saw it a while ago and I told him not to change anything about it.

I honestly couldn't have done all this without him.

(Now he's going to rub it in!)

Looking very good, Goran.  But I have a question about the Northwest livery.  Shouldn't the striping on the nose section line up with the striping on the fuselage?  Just wondering......

Do you have any idea how long I was waiting for someone to ask that question?!

In some cases, yes.  But Theo being Theo, wants to add "character".  (Remember the cracked LCD glass on the Sundowner?)

Check out the nose.  There are quite a few of them with misaligned paint on the radome covers.  I'm assuming they take from other NW Saabs and "transplant".

1839111.jpg

Great saab project!!!

Could you please paint also for EUROPE:OLT - Ostfriesische Lufttransport,Golden Air,Flybe - British European (Loganair),Polet Airlines,Robin Hood Aviation,Estonian Air Regional :)

Don't be shy! Add some more! :)

(please excuse me here)

Kind regards,

Kamil

Looking very good, Goran.  But I have a question about the Northwest livery.  Shouldn't the striping on the nose section line up with the striping on the fuselage?  Just wondering......

Do you have any idea how long I was waiting for someone to ask that question?!

In some cases, yes.  But Theo being Theo, wants to add "character".  (Remember the cracked LCD glass on the Sundowner?)

Check out the nose.  There are quite a few of them with misaligned paint on the radome covers.  I'm assuming they take from other NW Saabs and "transplant".

That's the kind of detail I love to see! Thanks Theo and Goran, I'm looking forward to making this my first purchase from X-Aviation.

First off, thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

Great saab project!!!

Could you please paint also for EUROPE:OLT - Ostfriesische Lufttransport,Golden Air,Flybe - British European (Loganair),Polet Airlines,Robin Hood Aviation,Estonian Air Regional :)

We don't plan on adding anymore liveries to the initial package.  We may add more in the coming weeks after the Saab is finished. 

This plane will have real co-pilot instruments? like if the captain ADI fail the co-pilot will still work, alot o planes that i see out there if the captain instruments fail booth will fail.

We don't have a failures module for this aircraft.  All failures are controlled by X Planes default failures.  However, the way the EADI's and Radios work in the real aircraft are from 3 Avionics Buses.  Left, Essential and Right.  For this, Theo had to create plug ins using Gizmo.

Basically, Left Bus powers up the Captains EADI, Right Bus powers up the Co Pilots EADI and Essential Bus powers the Radios.  All 3 Bus switches are on the overhead.

I saw the pictures from Simon's blog. Wow, I didn't notice the textures being so detailed. This release is going to be great.

Yeah, and to comply with the many rules about vulgar language in this forum, I've emailed goran with my thoughts on the displays, as they look now, even when OFF.

A cleaner version of my email: "Dearest Goran, I am verily enamoured with your displays and their fairest reflection of thy seats. Wilst thou thankest Theo, he Blendeth thy textures as sunlight dances on a maiden's... ;D

Yeah, and to comply with the many rules about vulgar language in this forum, I've emailed goran with my thoughts on the displays, as they look now, even when OFF.

A cleaner version of my email: "Dearest Goran, I am verily enamoured with your displays and their fairest reflection of thy seats. Wilst thou thankest Theo, he Blendeth thy textures as sunlight dances on a maiden's... ;D

Hilarious. Love it. Haha! Thanks for the laugh, Simon.

+1.