Project 3

Goran_M

Rotating Beacon and light bouncing off the rear control surfaces and empennage.  And the light smoothly fades in and out.  ATM there is a small bug in the rotating beacon on the top of the tail.  We're trying to nut that out.

grab187.jpg

grab186.jpg

Custom Nav lights. (The Green light in the wing in the foreground.)

grab188.jpg

Another Panel Screenshot

grab184.jpg

Hey just noticed this and not knocking the software by any means, but I couldn't help but notice you are locked at 19.00 FPS. Please tell me you have 3d programs and the like running. I just had to ask…. Will the overall plane run well in a 3d environment on a modern machines? I couldn't see  you having something slow with all of that development going on.

JB

Hey just noticed this and not knocking the software by any means, but I couldn't help but notice you are locked at 19.00 FPS. Please tell me you have 3d programs and the like running. I just had to ask…. Will the overall plane run well in a 3d environment on a modern machines? I couldn't see  you having something slow with all of that development going on.

JB

I had X Plane AND Planemaker open at the same time and most settings maxed.

I don't know about Mac's, but on Windows, at least on my windows system, I lose a LOT of performance when I have those 2 programs open at the same time.  Even if I have the Sundowner open, I get 19fps.  Without Planemaker open, I get, on average, with all settings maxed out (except AA and AF which are set at 2x and 4x respectively) 21-30 fps.  lower fps on the ground and higher fps while flying.  Pixel shaders really kill the system.  When I disable them, I get about 10fps more.

My system is a Dual core E6750 (not the fastest processor), 1GB 9800GT graphics card and 4GB RAM.

Hey just noticed this and not knocking the software by any means, but I couldn't help but notice you are locked at 19.00 FPS.

Sounds like Goran is forgetting...

I have a setting for debug purposes active right now within the Saab code to keep FPS at around the 19 fps level. Should answer your question.

Getting very, very close.

I'm actually enjoying flying this aircraft now.  Just about all the switches, knobs and buttons are working.  A few adjustments are needed.  Some knobs turn too quickly so I need to go over those.

This is just a couple of renders I made in some time off I decided to give myself.

mainpanel.th.jpg

perspective4.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...