IXEG 737 Gizmo64 constant stutters

isivev

Hello,

yesterday I purchased the IXEG 737 and installed it for some test flights. Unfortunately I met big problems regarding stutters caused by Gizmo64. The FPS which I get are around 30 to 35, but every 3-4 seconds I experience drop to 15 fps for around 1-2 secs and it jumps back again. By looking the Plugin admin tab I can clearly see that Gizmo64 is the culprit for these stutters. It doesn`t matter if I`m in densely populated area or sparsely regarding scenery objects and so on.

For the purpose of excluding external factors I`ve done the following:

• Lowered my graphics settings - no change to the stutters (my normal fps increased as expected, but the drop to the 15fps written above still persisted)
  • Removed plugins - I removed xenviro, visualxp, xprealistic etc - no change 
  • Tried to be at a default airport with clear skies - no change 
  • And lastly I`ve installed a second clean copy of XP12 without any addons / plugins except IXEG and again - the stutters are there

For reference in the same scenarios (on medium settings) with Toliss Airbuses I get 30-40fps without stutters, same with Zibo and Felis 742 which in my mind exclude any bottlenecks caused by VRAM or CPU.

I`ve found an older thread in the forum for a user experiencing the same problems, but his resolvance of the problem is not applicable for me. I`ve tried to play around with the garbage collector of Gizmo, without any success.

I`ll attach my log tonight after I get back home and also video evidence if that would help.

It would really be a shame to have bought a product which can`t run on my machine, because of Gizmo internal problems.

PC specs: Intel I56600K OC4.0Ghz, GTX1070 8GB, 32GB Ram, XP12 on nvme SSD, running XP12 12.07

Good evening!

Did my tests and unfortunately, excluding the install folder of XP12 didn`t have any effect. I`m attaching the log file and also a small video for refereance so that you can see the drop of frames. Again this test was made on a vanilla copy of XP without any plugins.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Log.txt

Your test isnt really conclusive as you move the camera around - this results in varying render load which will in fact alter your framerate wildly.

I see that you are using the EDDF custom airport - it is one of the most demanding airports on framerate out there. I would ask you to fly from TXKF and see if the framerate fluctuation is also happening there.

In general we do not get any complaints about Gizmo dropping framerate periodically anymore and I also believe that our 737 is one of the "lighter" aircraft out there as impact on FR is concerned.

Your hardware is also pretty poor, so I am very surprised that you get "30-40fps in Toliss Airbuses" in the same situation.

Set up the 737 at TXKF and see if you can reproduce the problem there.

Cheers, Jan

Good evening!

Went to TXKF as you suggested and the results are a mixed bag. On the ground while the camera is static, no drops occur. When I start moving you can see some fps loss, but its not the one which I`m refering to in my initial post.

The drops to 15 to below 10s starts again when the take-off roll is initiated and continues throught while airborn. Its especially noticable if I`m banking in a turn and I move the pov in the same moment.

Installed other airplane addon to run a test in the same scenario, but everything is smooth there.

Don`t know what else I can do.

Well I would have fully agreed with you if everything else didn’t run properly, but its the other way around. If only one addon is having issues I would have to assume the problem is there. I understand that on paper this pc cfg is barely covering, but I can provide video evidence that its still capable.

Anyways I’m just frustrated, because Ive invested some money in something that isnt working on my setup. The fact that it cant be refunded also adds to the frustration.

In that regard is there a possibility to provide me with the XP11 version to see if there will be a different case ?

Im willing to sacrifice functionality just to run it somehow.

1 hour ago, isivev said:

Well I would have fully agreed with you if everything else didn’t run properly,

Do you have some other complex aircraft, and how does it perform, This plane still has some optimization for XP12, just wait for next update, Be nice to see a screen shot of the laminar plugin admin performance showing whats going on, panning and not panning but you must understand panning around a complex airport requires xplane to load a lot of textures as you pan, that why a fast CPU and lots of cores help.

1 hour ago, isivev said:

In that regard is there a possibility to provide me with the XP11 version

Yes, the X-Aviation store will provide you with the XP11 version if you file a support request for that. It may take a few days, sometimes, make sure to not file another support request asking why your first one takes so long - it will just bump you back to the end of the queue.

I was going to post this same issue.

When I first load a plane now that uses Gizmo (including the G500 on non X-Aviation planes) I get a huge cpu draw from Gizmo. My cpu frame time goes from 0.200 to 1.500 for a minute or so.

Eventually it settles down and Gizmo shows about 0.10% usage in the admin window. But then every minute or two it goes back up to 50% usage for a few seconds before settling back down which causes stutters.

I've tried this with the 737, Mu2, BN-2T and the Laminar 172 with G500.

I bought both the 737 and the G500 at the same time so not sure which one triggered it.

My system is old, i7 4790 and I have a 5800X3D build I'm completing tomorrow so I'll report back if it continues with that new system.

Prior to this week I never had an issue with Gizmo so did something update it on the 737 or G500 purchases?

Btw my tests were done at various locations including Land's End which is usually very light (I get 60fps in the stock 172) just to rule out scenery problems.

Edited by Medway
  • Like 1

So I did another test.

I see Gizmo is using about 15-20% usage with the 737 but I never noticed it as my frame time is still low. It's the G500 that's causing me issues on the other planes as that one spikes up over 50% usage. Also with the 737 the usage never goes down like it does with the G500. But it doesn't spike either.

Edited by Medway

22 hours ago, Medway said:

So I did another test.

I see Gizmo is using about 15-20% usage with the 737 but I never noticed it as my frame time is still low. It's the G500 that's causing me issues on the other planes as that one spikes up over 50% usage. Also with the 737 the usage never goes down like it does with the G500. But it doesn't spike either.

So there's definitely some evidence here which suggests that Gizmo is sitting behind all of the above issues.

We`ll see if other users report the same or similar problems, because as I`ve stated in my previous posts - this only happens with these products that are utilizing it and now I can see I`m not alone in that boat.

4 hours ago, isivev said:

So there's definitely some evidence here which suggests that Gizmo is sitting behind all of the above issues.

We`ll see if other users report the same or similar problems, because as I`ve stated in my previous posts - this only happens with these products that are utilizing it and now I can see I`m not alone in that boat.

It sounds like you're misunderstanding what was said above. He's not seeing what you are with IXEG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A-Train_Nezar said:

I have had this exact issue and have been extremely frustrated. FF 757 works great. Zibo 737 works great. Any airport any time I could rely on 35-45 frames. Installed the Ixeg 737 and these horrendous stutters occur without fail. I have tried every remedy suggested and nothing has worked.

It could be the sound just wait till the FMod update comes out, who knows

On 11/30/2023 at 10:59 PM, Cameron said:

It sounds like you're misunderstanding what was said above. He's not seeing what you are with IXEG.

Yes I was seeing stable FPS with the IXEG. Since last week I upgraded from my 4790 to a 5800X3D.

That seemed to fix most of my G500 problems. I get a little spike right when loading but then it settles down to mostly 0% usage and stable (tested with 172 REP, Mu2, BN-2T equipped G500).

With the IXEG I get constant 10-15% Gizmo usage but the fps overall is good. One strange thing I noticed is I was getting a constant stutter every 10 seconds. I could reproduce the same stutter by turning off and on the terrain display (one stutter each time).

In this pic the first and last stutters happened on their own. The middle two close together were me click on and off the terrain display. The stutters look exactly the same but I'm not sure what's causing the ones to happen on their own.

But by going to external view and back into the cockpit the constant stutter was gone (I still get it when turning on the terrain). I tried it again and then that trick didn't work.

ixeg.jpg

Edited by Medway

I realized I had my settings.txt set to 8192 for shadow quality. Once I set it back to 2048 the depth of the stutter was less. It does seem to be happening every 7 seconds.

Ignore the third stutter mark, that was caused when I hit print screen.

Once I took off the 7 second stutter went away and I had constant 60fps. So it seems Gizmo usuage has no bearing on the fps. This is about as light as the default 172.

stutter.jpg

Edited by Medway
  • Like 1

Hello, I feel I have noticed that if I start up the aircraft in the "turn around" state, it has FPS drops from 45+ down to 29 fps, then back up again. This will happen pretty much throughout the flight even after everything is running. However, if I do a cold and dark start option, or even a ready to fly option, the amount of drop off is much less throughout the flight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem as Tarakm, Torbinator and many others.
you always return that the cause is the user's hardware.
No ! There is definitely a problem with gyzmo since the plane came out several years ago. you are the only ones now to use gyzmo and you are doing it again with X plane 12.

On 2/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, parker78 said:

Same problem as Tarakm, Torbinator and many others.
you always return that the cause is the user's hardware.
No ! There is definitely a problem with gyzmo since the plane came out several years ago. you are the only ones now to use gyzmo and you are doing it again with X plane 12.

Maybe both, because after updating my hardware the problem went away. I upgraded from I5 5600k, GTX980Ti  with same issue, to I5 12400F and 1080Ti and the issue went away. However I didn't get any issues with any other aircraft prior. So I would say, with regards to hardware, it is a valid factor.