Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic Plus v1.5.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the version 1.5.2 update for the Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic Plus. All customers who have purchased the IXEG 737 Classic Plus up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the IXEG 737 Classic Plus from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.5.2 for you.

IXEG also has a new website documenting changes, so click here if you'd like to keep continually updated!

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original IXEG 737 Classic download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Bug fixes:

• Wing light didn't show with winglets. Also, wing light source wasn't visible
  • Eyebrow window preference was not getting saved
  • Transponder was not reporting altitude (mode C). Updated to use XP12 mode enumerations
  • Incorrect lat/lon representation on CDU Duplicates / Disambiguation CDU page
  • No button click sound on CDU CLR keys
  • MCP Panel Lighting Removed the DDS texture, incorporated spills and PM effect

Improvements:

• IAS speedbug manipulators now of the rotate type. Drag mouse around the IAS bezel to move speed bugs. Much more natural.

Additions:

• Added preference to synchronize CPT and FO speedbugs and altimeter bug setting.
  • Added preference to set the plastic speed bugs to Vspeeds automatically (for VR users, disables manual control)
  • Added the following new commands
    • ixeg/733/show_settings_window
    • ixeg/733/close_settings_window          // will auto-save prefs when closing
    • ixeg/733/toggle_settings_window
    • sim/flight_controls/landing_gear_off    //  default command now moves LG lever to OFF when able (not always able)
  • New GUI elements in the PREFLIGHT panel for fueling & flight planning

preflight_GU.png

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Hello All,

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the version 1.5.2 update for the Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic Plus. All customers who have purchased the IXEG 737 Classic Plus up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the IXEG 737 Classic Plus from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.5.2 for you.

IXEG also has a new website documenting changes, so click here if you'd like to keep continually updated!

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original IXEG 737 Classic download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Bug fixes:

• Wing light didn't show with winglets. Also, wing light source wasn't visible
  • Eyebrow window preference was not getting saved
  • Transponder was not reporting altitude (mode C). Updated to use XP12 mode enumerations
  • Incorrect lat/lon representation on CDU Duplicates / Disambiguation CDU page
  • No button click sound on CDU CLR keys
  • MCP Panel Lighting Removed the DDS texture, incorporated spills and PM effect

Improvements:

• IAS speedbug manipulators now of the rotate type. Drag mouse around the IAS bezel to move speed bugs. Much more natural.

Additions:

• Added preference to synchronize CPT and FO speedbugs and altimeter bug setting.
  • Added preference to set the plastic speed bugs to Vspeeds automatically (for VR users, disables manual control)
  • Added the following new commands
    • ixeg/733/show_settings_window
    • ixeg/733/close_settings_window          // will auto-save prefs when closing
    • ixeg/733/toggle_settings_window
    • sim/flight_controls/landing_gear_off    //  default command now moves LG lever to OFF when able (not always able)
  • New GUI elements in the PREFLIGHT panel for fueling & flight planning

preflight_GU.png

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

WOW !! I wasn't expecting this, specificaly the announced GUI for weight & balance, pre-flght setup!

Thanks for the update!

Edited by S3rg1o

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

The warning message that pops up is "need to", so yes, you must uninstall.

Hello. So when I install the 1.5.2 update, and click yes to uninstall previous, the IXEG 737 is no longer visible in the XP11 aircraft menu.

Is the Classic Plus a full version or an update that has to be installed on the original 1.33 ?

Edited by MikeMike
clarification of the question

35 minutes ago, MikeMike said:

Hello. So when I install the 1.5.2 update, and click yes to uninstall previous, the IXEG 737 is no longer visible in the XP11 aircraft menu.

Is the Classic Plus a full version or an update that has to be installed on the original 1.33 ?

1.52 is for XP12 only. Its listed as such

The new aircraft preference GUI screens (weight, pax, etc.) are very good, but still very inconvenient for VR users.
Of course, you can now assign opening and closing these windows to any button, but in VR reality, such a huge window appearing right in front of your eyes is very inconvenient (you have to move it away, shrink it, etc.) and completely destroys the immersion.
I know this is a "flaw" of XP, not IXEG, but I dream that all preferences and plane loading settings could be done from the tablet.
As is the case with most branded products/planes these days - both paid and free.
I hope that this will also happen soon in IXEG 733 - it is now almost necessary for VR users, of which there are more and more  ;-)
Thank you for this update ;-)

2 hours ago, Bulva said:

but I dream that all preferences and plane loading settings could be done from the tablet.

Hi @Bulva...yes, this GUI is a "patch" for the majority of non-VR users and I'm sorry you VR guys are getting 'hit'.  Laminar is aware.  There is much retooling going on under the hood still with regards to graphics and I am certainly retooling with VR in mind.  It will be a while as the retool has implications with future projects, but I'm not going anywhere.

Just curious though...does X-Plane's "UI scaling" settig change anything in VR?

-TK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:38 AM, tkyler said:

Hi @Bulva...yes, this GUI is a "patch" for the majority of non-VR users and I'm sorry you VR guys are getting 'hit'.  Laminar is aware.  There is much retooling going on under the hood still with regards to graphics and I am certainly retooling with VR in mind.  It will be a while as the retool has implications with future projects, but I'm not going anywhere.

Just curious though...does X-Plane's "UI scaling" settig change anything in VR?

-TK

I don't think so, windows in VR are always huge and slap at your face very closely, LR should implement that better, at least let us customize where the window pops up. 

• Like 1

Well a EFB solution isn't out of the question ultimately, but we don't currently have a pipeline for developing such at this instant.  That being said and with the IXEG relatively stable for V12,  our dev roadmap does include a retooled graphics library that will enable us to develop more flexible graphics and where we draw those graphics,  so I think in the long run, we'll be able to address this.   May be for VR users, a less graphic intensive "button list" on the side might be more palatable in the interim?  i.e. you give up the fancy pixel-hogging graphics and just have "utility commands" in a vertical button list?    Just tossing this out there....I couldn't say what kinds of commands would be helpful if this was viable.

TK

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

May be for VR users, a less graphic intensive "button list" on the side might be more palatable in the interim?  i.e. you give up the fancy pixel-hogging graphics and just have "utility commands" in a vertical button list?    Just tossing this out there....I couldn't say what kinds of commands would be helpful if this was viable.

TK

The necessary minimum is: the ability to refuel, load (pax/cargo) => ZFW/CG, the ability to connect a GPU, and maybe open/close the door.

Edited by Bulva

I'm having a weird issue, altitude lader doesn't show up on both PFDs, it was working fine.

I've updated XP to 12.0.8, could this be the reason?

Also Logo lights switch show up as INOP, i didn't notice if it was working before the 1.5.2 update

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-13 220404.png

Edited by S3rg1o

56 minutes ago, S3rg1o said:

I've updated XP to 12.0.8, could this be the reason?

The list of bugs and anomalies I'm hearing about and seeing with 12.08 are significant enough for me to not quite trust 12.08.     So it could very well be...we'll have to let it stay in the wild a bit to see what else crops up.  Certainly Jan will be checking over things on his end as well.

TK

• Like 1