IXEG B733 Cargo version

hermannk1

Let me take this opportunity to ask a question.   We get some requests for Cargo.

Are you more interested in only the exterior LIveries of cargo?  or...you also want a full 3D cargo interor, etc?   Modifying the 737 to handle "no windows" is significantly easier than putting in a full 3D cargo interior.

-TK

16 minutes ago, rosseloh said:

The window plugs would be a start, but since we have a full interior model making it go all the way would also be nice.

Plugged windows, cargo door, and removal of all the interior (seats, etc.) would work as a “package freighter”. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

@Pils Tom was basically trying to understand what would be acceptable at the bare minimum. In other words, he doesn't yet want to venture down the road of a full cargo liner with other stuff still in the way. Plugging windows is one way to achieve that, but then is that "good enough" for now? That's what he was asking. :)

I think we need to get through FMS changes first before we start dedicating time to these kinds of time distractions. This sounds fun, but for now the sole focus is going to be mostly in programming from here out. We'll definitely keep this on the list once we reach some bigger milestones.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Plugging windows is one way to achieve that, but then is that "good enough" for now? That's what he was asking.

I gotcha. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Was trying to say my personal MVP for a P2F variant would be windows plugged, cargo door added, and seats removed.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

I think we need to get through FMS changes first before we start dedicating time to these kinds of time distractions.

Makes sense to me. There’s a lot of work there, no time to waste. :)

8 hours ago, tkyler said:

Let me take this opportunity to ask a question.   We get some requests for Cargo.

Are you more interested in only the exterior LIveries of cargo?  or...you also want a full 3D cargo interor, etc?   Modifying the 737 to handle "no windows" is significantly easier than putting in a full 3D cargo interior.

-TK

For the moment "no windows" on the 737 would be fine.  Releasing a full cargo version is something that I can wait for :)

I do realize that a full cargo version is a whole new ball game!  I also realize that it may be something for the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...