IXEG for X-Plane 12, Version 1.5 Whats new

tkyler

• Pils featured this topic

I have downloaded the new version of IXEG Classic Plus, which fixed errors from its first version.
I don't know what the access link is to report errors to technical support. If anyone knows the information, thank you very much.
Meanwhile, I comment on what I consider to be two errors:
a) The fuel flow indicator shows almost a value of zero at idle. Which doesn't seem like a reasonable value.
b) Connecting the GPU opens the electrical charging door on the fuselage, but the GPU carriage and connection cable are not shown. This vehicle only appears when GAS (Ground Air Supplay) is connected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! LANDING NOT POSSIBLE. THROTTLES DON'T WORK AFTER LANDING. PLANE KEEPS ON SPEEDING UP AFTER RELEASING REVERSE THRUST. WHY ON EARTH DO THEY PUT OUT UNFINISHED PRODUCTS!! 

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE UPGRADE. It wasn't. I got the code, but it didn't give me THE UPGRADE FOR FREE, AS PROMISED. It took from me 14,95, which would've been the normal upgrade price.

Stop cheating people and finish the product before you sell it. Never going to buy anything from you again!! 

• Downvote 4

• 7 months later...

Good afternoon,

Is there any ETA for the next update? It’s been 9 months since the release, and it seems like the company is dead. This forum seems dead too... no one says anything, no one from the team speaks. Sorry, but this is quite frustrating and a bit infuriating as well. The 733 is full of problems in VNAV, FMC, etc. Some flights are satisfactory and the aircraft does its job perfectly, but in others (and these others are the vast majority) the aircraft simply does what it wants. Most of the time, it’s almost impossible to control the speed of the plane and get it on the ideal glide slope during final approach. Not to mention the aircraft sounds, which are terrible, and it’s almost impossible to adjust the volume of each thing (this is surreal).

It’s not possible that in 9 months there hasn’t been anything to release or at least some information from the IXEG team. Practically all the aircraft manufacturers for X-Plane have already released several updates fixing numerous bugs, and IXEG remains with the same aircraft since the day of release. This wouldn’t even be a problem if at least the company gave some sort of explanation to those who bought the aircraft (which is far from being a cheap addon).

Best regards and peace.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ronaldokuhlmann said:

Is there any ETA for the next update?

No, there is no ETA for the next update. It's simply done when it's done.

it seems like the company is dead

The company is not dead.

This forum seems dead too

The forum you are posting on is not dead. Hi. :)

Not to mention the aircraft sounds, which are terrible

The aircraft sounds are terrible? What? Hate to break it to you, but the sounds themselves aren't going to change. They will use FMOD, but I would not expect any great shift in how they actually sound.

It’s not possible that in 9 months there hasn’t been anything to release or at least some information from the IXEG team.

Oh, it's definitely possible! :)

Practically all the aircraft manufacturers for X-Plane have already released several updates fixing numerous bugs

IXEG is not other aircraft developers, and other aircraft developers are not IXEG. This point is pretty irrelevant.

IXEG remains with the same aircraft since the day of release

There have been a few updates since release. It is not the same package as was released on day one.

This wouldn’t even be a problem if at least the company gave some sort of explanation to those who bought the aircraft (which is far from being a cheap addon).

There was one given:

3 hours ago, ronaldokuhlmann said:

Not to mention the aircraft sounds, which are terrible,

Funny a real pilot says they are some of the best sounds out there considering the technology. I suspect with FMOD they will only get better

• Downvote 1

The forums are quiet I think because everyone is just flying the plane. It works well, except for the VNAV, which we readily admit.

Your other problems are most likely a matter of preference, and - sorry to be so frank - your inability to fly a 737-300 correctly. It is NOT doing "what it wants" and it is also not hard to control the speed - you are likely just a bad pilot :). I have flown the real 737-300 for 10 years and this one flies exactly like the real one does. Yes, you need to plan ahead, just like when flying any high performance aircraft.

We haven´t updated the plane in the last 9 months because it works fine and if you think a product is better because it gets more updates...well, maybe it just NEEDS more updates? How many factory recalls does a well-made car have per year?

• Like 1

Guys, I think you misunderstood my post, or maybe I didn't express myself well. My intention was not to make a big criticism of you or to belittle the work and this wonderful product that is the 737-300. I am a BIG fan of X-Aviation, and I trust your work blindly; you are the best in terms of quality. My issue is perhaps the lack of communication, I don't know. Personally, I like to follow what is being done, I like to be informed about what is happening and what is to come. I apologize if my post seemed a bit rude, but it was far from my intention.

And yes, maybe I'm a bad pilot (which I don't really believe given my dedication to learning). I'm just a person passionate about aviation who uses the simulator to try to fulfill this frustrated dream. However, I dedicate myself a lot to reading the manuals and looking for tutorials (especially those made by real pilots).

Edited by ronaldokuhlmann

I understand this - and I also like to have "development updates" on the games I play, stuff that the devs work on, plans for the future, just some chatter to read and follow along with.

But we at IXEG are now just a small 2 person team with "real" jobs and families and shifting life priorities.

We already talked a bit about what we could envision in the future... right now there is nothing to talk about. Tom is working slowly on converting the sounds to FMOD (which will not make them sound different at all) and we are still planning to fix some stuff like the VNAV and HOLDs, but a timeline can not be given and doing so would just not be reputable.

For me the IXEG 737 project at this point is purely a labor of love. The income I get is negligible and my motivation is purely from my love for the aircraft and the good vibes and emotions I get when interacting with the users. If you want to see the 737 get developed further in the future, don´t take that motivation away. Posts like yours are a good way to kill that motivation.

So as harsh as that may sound: There is nothing to talk about right now and we are also not some YouTube or Instagram channel who needs to post new content every day to keep his followers engaged.

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 6

@Litjan , I think you are taking this a bit too personally.

I only pointed out things that really bother me, but I think I expressed myself poorly in some points and maybe it's also because I failed to translate better into your language what I was really thinking, and I apologize for that. I would NEVER come here to criticize your work aggressively or try to undermine the motivation of a team that I appreciate and admire for the quality of the product you deliver.

I had no idea that IXEG is composed of only two people. Now I admire your work even more because it is incredible how only two people can do such an impeccable job since Xplane 11.

I know you have your lives and jobs, and at no point did I mention or want to imply that you have to be there full-time working to deliver the plane in a hurry. I commented that there was a lack of communication. That is my opinion, and there's nothing wrong with me thinking that. If you think there is nothing to be said right now, that's fine, and I respect that. I won't say that you are a bad developer because of that (just as you mentioned above that I must be a bad pilot).

And I would never be here to demotivate you, quite the opposite, what I wish is that you do an excellent job and deliver an excellent plane as you ALWAYS have, and I am sure you will. I'm sorry if my comment ended up implying that; it was not my intention as I mentioned earlier.

I reread what I wrote above and I think I failed when I commented on the quality of the sounds, which to me are wonderful, but what bothers me and what I didn't express well is the limitation in adjusting the volumes. That was the point I wanted to refer to, and I ended up failing in the choice of my words.

The 737-300 is by far one of my favorite planes, as well as the vast majority of planes available from X-Aviation.

And no, I don't expect you to be like YouTube or Instagram channels that need to keep posting content every day to engage their followers. I think at this point you went in a direction I wouldn't even consider or make a similar comparison. I think you exaggerated a bit here.

Anyway, a big hug and keep up your magnificent work. I will always be here rooting for you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Litjan said:

I understand this - and I also like to have "development updates" on the games I play, stuff that the devs work on, plans for the future, just some chatter to read and follow along with.

But we at IXEG are now just a small 2 person team with "real" jobs and families and shifting life priorities.

We already talked a bit about what we could envision in the future... right now there is nothing to talk about. Tom is working slowly on converting the sounds to FMOD (which will not make them sound different at all) and we are still planning to fix some stuff like the VNAV and HOLDs, but a timeline can not be given and doing so would just not be reputable.

For me the IXEG 737 project at this point is purely a labor of love. The income I get is negligible and my motivation is purely from my love for the aircraft and the good vibes and emotions I get when interacting with the users. If you want to see the 737 get developed further in the future, don´t take that motivation away. Posts like yours are a good way to kill that motivation.

So as harsh as that may sound: There is nothing to talk about right now and we are also not some YouTube or Instagram channel who needs to post new content every day to keep his followers engaged.

Whilst I do understand where your coming from in some points; I can't fathom how you've come to the conclusion that charging for a half-baked update that can't complete a full flight is somehow acceptable because you have a 'real job'...

Sure, constant updates aren't a priority, but it's been 10 months now and the plane is still way too buggy for use, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't want to be upset at the work, because the plane has been great in XP10/11 and has the potential, but this is frustrating.

2 hours ago, MatthewM said:

Whilst I do understand where your coming from in some points; I can't fathom how you've come to the conclusion that charging for a half-baked update that can't complete a full flight is somehow acceptable because you have a 'real job'...

It was $14.95. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on the entitlement here. We priced it low for a good reason. We absolutely could have gone higher, and would have been much better off in doing so, but it would have been morally dishonest. That was a personal decision on our part. Half-baked is exaggerative. We were upfront from the beginning that the initial while was going to be compatibility for running the X-Plane 11 version in 12, with some fun upgrades (like the cabin and new lighting). By the time the store and these two people have their cuts, we're not talking insane money here, @MatthewM. The hours spent getting the product to even work in X-Plane 12 was a huge task. By all accounts, we wanted to be honest and fair, and by my book, it was more than fair.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MatthewM said:

Sure, constant updates aren't a priority, but it's been 10 months now and the plane is still way too buggy for use, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't want to be upset at the work, because the plane has been great in XP10/11 and has the potential, but this is frustrating.

I've learned that when I'm having an issue with anything in life, I should ask, Not what X can do for me, but what I can do for X. Maybe an approach to identify your issues, and report them as a bug for the next update might be a better approach. Just saying...

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 2:22 AM, rkuhlmann said:

Good afternoon,

Is there any ETA for the next update? It’s been 9 months since the release, and it seems like the company is dead. This forum seems dead too... no one says anything, no one from the team speaks. Sorry, but this is quite frustrating and a bit infuriating as well. The 733 is full of problems in VNAV, FMC, etc. Some flights are satisfactory and the aircraft does its job perfectly, but in others (and these others are the vast majority) the aircraft simply does what it wants. Most of the time, it’s almost impossible to control the speed of the plane and get it on the ideal glide slope during final approach. Not to mention the aircraft sounds, which are terrible, and it’s almost impossible to adjust the volume of each thing (this is surreal).

It’s not possible that in 9 months there hasn’t been anything to release or at least some information from the IXEG team. Practically all the aircraft manufacturers for X-Plane have already released several updates fixing numerous bugs, and IXEG remains with the same aircraft since the day of release. This wouldn’t even be a problem if at least the company gave some sort of explanation to those who bought the aircraft (which is far from being a cheap addon).

Best regards and peace.

totally agree. Thank you for expressing what I have been thinking... I also have this expectation too.

Edited by RenatoSampaio

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, @rkuhlmann is right about communication...guilty as charged for being too quiet.

The 733 isn't dead.  We will continue to work on it as able, and best I can tell,  probably have free updates for as long as I can foresee (whenever those may be).   For my MU2 customers who have watched me keep the MU2 relevant through X-Plane versions 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 over 19 years, you know what I'm talking about.  (even though its been a while since the last update and I'm literally 99% done with the next one but need to get it out :)

There have been things beyond our control that have made update efforts challenging (shit rolling downhill kind of things)...which you guys don't see, nor will I talk about, nor should you care about, but we have to deal with just the same.  Not an excuse, an explanation.  I acknowledge that communicating is something we could do better and I'm sorry about that.    As I've said many times, my committment has always been to keep facing forward and never sit down and that's still the case.

So ....open communication time.....where's my time at the moment?   I'm working for Laminar again.   I am rewriting their documentation set for developers to help train and enable more developers for X-Plane.  This initiative began in February at the X-Plane dev conference and I've been in the midst of a heavy 'front loaded' time effort to build the infrastructure for these docs and there's some slight pressure to "show anything at FSExpo".  For consumers (rather than devs), this doesn't mean anything....  I know that doesn't make anyone here feel better or fix their concerns now, but is the road I had to take to preserve my ability to work on the IXEG in any capacity into the future.  I do foresee time to work on the IXEG again after a few more milestones are reached with Laminar....indeed I'm meeting with some folks at FSExpo to discuss ways for them to assist in the effort.

I am committed to maintaining the aircraft, even though I'm not sure exactly when updates will be.  We have a plan, we try and stick with it, sometimes we slip, but we have never "forgotten about it".  I like to say the IXEG is "perpetually in my inbox".

Roadmap is the FMOD sound conversions still....and then the system updates.   I am sure I'll have to repeat this later, but the "updates" period will also be quite lengthy because of the aforementioned (shit rolling downhill) situation I have to deal with.   Getting through this phase is akin to the large efforts required to bring the IXEG to V12 and was unforseen, but its here on my doorstep just the same.  Trudging through it, complaints and all, is the only way to ensure the IXEG survives into the future and those updates eventually come.  The IXEG still has a lot of old tech and rebuilding it completely anew is a big task. I'm sorry again about the silence.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6