pause at top of descent

dear sir

So i purchased this wonderful add on and now in the process of enjoying it....

my doubt is plain and simple: Is there an option to pause the simulaiton at tod? I actually am a working person and at times i amy need to go away from sim for work issues..so this feature comes a lot handy..is it available by default in ixeg? If not,  is there an add on for xplane that enables this feature? someone who can assist me would be highly appreciated.

regards

govind

...but why not shut down your computer while at work (works great for the electricity bill and the environment, too ;-)) and then when you are ready to play again you can spawn the aircraft at an airport "near" the ToD and then use the map view (key m) to place the aircraft at the correct altitude and speed and then "resume" your flight?

Cheers, Jan

thanks jan for the response.

I so wished that would work..but i am having a virtual airline software and that doesn allow shutting down the computer in between....The flight has to continue and reach the destination..I read in this forum some people have requested pause at TOD feature and also it was told it would be considered...could we expect this in a future update?

i truly hope this will come in to picture...I have lots of good payware add ons in my fsx install and i love flyign there..for eg qualitywings, pmdg, tfdi, majestic q400etc...one thing but i missed a lot is b737 classic..and it is for only this reason i have bought xplane too...and i am not dissapointed till now..hopefully this would come as an update..

regards

govind

Edited by coolgovind180
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, Litjan said:

I would not be opposed to the idea - the question is how easy it is to implement - if there is a way for us to tell X-Plane to "pause", it would be easy.

I have added the request and we will look at it in our future enhancements to this plane.

Cheers, Jan

This should be fairly easy to implement as X-Plane already provides a built-in command to pause (and un-pause) the sim.

So as long as you have the TOD position you can just continuously calculate the distance from the aircraft to TOD and once you're say <5Nm from TOD you pause the sim by calling 

XPLMCommandOnce(XPLMFindCommand("sim/operation/pause_toggle"));