Aerosoft possibly coming to X Plane.

Goran_M

I think it would be far easier for them to convert scenery (using the same industry standard approach as with their plane models).

Thing is, the twotter would be an easier plane conversion, but the airbusx would be a more complicated with all the custom code - in planes, the 3d is a smaller part of the whole.

Not saying it can't be done - it can. Converting is much faster than writing from scratch.

However, 3d is far more work than the planemaker flight model and programming appears to take (depending on complexity) longer than the 3d modelling.

I'd love to see all Aerosoft products in x-plane though and my wallet is open ;)

Also there's a taste in this post: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=43015&view=findpost&p=292019

From the homepage:

Aerosoft to support X-Plane

Seen the video Austin released of X-Plane 10? Pretty amazing stuff, right? But to be honest we already knew because we have been meeting with Austin about that new version. We are so enthusiastic that we decided to start spending more attention to it. Some of the projects that are started right now will be released for FS and X-Plane. It’s a good example of how Aerosoft is exploring new markets. And of course we already stock some of the best aircraft for X-Plane!

going back a bit, i remember good times flying the 377 around BC, doing flights from CYYC to CYVR. one of the greatest things about that trip was the mountains, particularly because the 377 didn't climb nor descend at anything more or less then 1000 fpm. And if you tried to force her down faster then that you would risk iceing up the engines and well, yeah i did that once coming into CYYC. Vatsim ATC got a kick out of that plane.

You also had to request decent VERY far back, like 130+ miles out or you would never make it.

Once i had to extend my downwind leg like 20 miles so i could give her time to descend.

Fun times for sure. i miss that plane. in fact, i even flew her 10 hours from KJFK to london.

If there was one plane i would like for FSX it would be the 377 Stratocruiser from A2A