Jump to content
birdy.dma

Smartcopilot

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, K4bel123 said:

@skiselkov how do you use VATSIM in combination with smart copilot? As far as I know there is no observer mode with Xsquawkbox so how do you do that?

Basically, the smartcopilot file from birdy.dma already only actuates one side's transponder, so that's who should be logged in with the proper callsign. Second guy should be logged in with something like "_2" at the end. Then sometimes the controller asks if you're a flight of two and so far I've never had anybody give me any shit if I said that we are. Admittedly, I've only ever flown shared cockpit on Vatsim maybe 3-4 times. Once you get used to PilotEdge, it's very hard to go back to unreliable and chaotic ATC.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xplaneaviation said:

 

whhen installing it, do we just put it in the plane or do we have to rename it to just smartcopilot.cfg ?

 

 

You are right. Rename it as smartcopilot.cfg, and just copy the file in the main folder of the plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:52 PM, K4bel123 said:

@skiselkov Ok that sounds good but how do you avoid that you see your copilot´s aircraft inside of yours? Or do you disable all other aircraft in Xsquawkbox?

 

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, heinz92 said:

I'd like to know that as well, please, if there is a way!

As far as i know, it's only doable with X-ivap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day,

I have something to experiment.

In the .zip is a beta release of the plugin (2.06, for windows only), and a smartcopilot.cfg without weather.

Please, test the custom failures.

About hydraulic failures, remember: the gear door is not synchronized. Open the door on both side before the test 

If it works as expected, we should have a lot of fun.

Experimental.zip

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Experimental 1.1.zip is the smartcopilot.cfg and the 2.06 beta of the plugin. Read the 3 or 4 last posts.

1 hour ago, Wynthorpe said:

Excuse me for being stupid, but where do you put the config file?

Or in the very first post of this thread is a stable release and a read_me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

In the Experimental 1.1.zip is the smartcopilot.cfg and the 2.06 beta of the plugin. Read the 3 or 4 last posts.

Or in the very first post of this thread is a stable release and a read_me.

Yes we got it working and i must say this was the single most immersive experience we have eve had whilst simming, we flew some circuits at EGNT at night and everything worked as expected, we are going to fly a couple of sectors this evening to see how it goes, hopefully on VATSIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange. With the experimental combo, hydraulics failures are ticked on both planes as son as we launch the connection. (cold and dark, or engine running)

Any pilot can untick them, as any pilot can tick/untick failures during the flight (It was with the script of Tom Stian).

Anyway, managing failures with a friend is a great experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My twitch partner and I bought the IXEG 737 and did a quick shared cockpit flight yesterday. It is working great guys! Thanks to all of you that have put hard work into getting the cfg worked out. Just to make sure... is the cfg file that is available on the smart co pilot website the most current one? It says to have full support. We didn't notice any issues yesterday, but I figured I would make sure that was the most recent version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome on board InfWizard.

41 minutes ago, InfWizard said:

My twitch partner and I bought the IXEG 737 and did a quick shared cockpit flight yesterday. It is working great guys! Thanks to all of you that have put hard work into getting the cfg worked out. Just to make sure... is the cfg file that is available on the smart co pilot website the most current one? It says to have full support. We didn't notice any issues yesterday, but I figured I would make sure that was the most recent version. 

This file is a little better:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody here had success doing shared cockpit using smart co-pilot and have the XPUIPC plugin installed? My shared cockpit was working perfectly a few days ago, then I install XPUIPC in order to use the Southwest Virtual Airlines ACARS system. When we try to connect, the connection is successful but our planes appear to be floating above the ground, or sunk into the ground, as well as lots of "jitters" going on. It also caused sync issues such as IRS alignment syncing issues. When I un-installed the XPUIPC plugin and then we tried to re-connect it appears that the jitters and floating/sinking airplane models were gone. 

Was curious if anyone else had run into this sort of issue before. Seems like we spend more time trouble shooting shared cockpit than actually flying in it!

 

EDIT: We are both using the newest 1.6.0 cfg, and we are using the "with weather" file. I am running the plane real time weather, and my partner is running clear weather. We were under the impression that my weather pushes over to his sim from other things we have read, so he should load with clear skies.

Edited by InfWizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InfWizard said:

Has anybody here had success doing shared cockpit using smart co-pilot and have the XPUIPC plugin installed? My shared cockpit was working perfectly a few days ago, then I install XPUIPC in order to use the Southwest Virtual Airlines ACARS system. When we try to connect, the connection is successful but our planes appear to be floating above the ground, or sunk into the ground, as well as lots of "jitters" going on. It also caused sync issues such as IRS alignment syncing issues. When I un-installed the XPUIPC plugin and then we tried to re-connect it appears that the jitters and floating/sinking airplane models were gone. 

Was curious if anyone else had run into this sort of issue before. Seems like we spend more time trouble shooting shared cockpit than actually flying in it!

 

EDIT: We are both using the newest 1.6.0 cfg, and we are using the "with weather" file. I am running the plane real time weather, and my partner is running clear weather. We were under the impression that my weather pushes over to his sim from other things we have read, so he should load with clear skies.

Good day,

Before launching the connection:

1- Tick or untick runway follow contour terrain (you must have the same settings here, the change take effect after a restart of X Plane).

2- You must be at the same place (same mesh, same scenery, same apron or runway).

3- Same AIRACS for both pilots. If you want to load a prefilled flight plan, you need it in both coroutes folder.

4- If you are master, you friend must launch X Plane without any weather  (X Plane, NOAA disable, Ivao or Vatsim disable, FSGRW, etc..).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First post edited.

New file for the 1.1 release.

Thanks Birdy, does it work for XP11 as well?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First post edited.

New file for the 1.1 release.

I tested last night in XP11...works really well! Speedbrakes are not synced, and some of the IXEG menus such as ground services are not working but there are workarounds.

Thanks for creating this, it was great fun and look forward to using it more

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×