Work in Progress Renders

LOL!!!!!! Last thing I want to see while flying this bird is the after effects of someone "pulling the flush"!!!!! Still, without a hole in the toilet there aint gonna be much coming out of the plane ;)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

PS.....will it have sound effects????

No man, we just like same good things, radial engines, and the most beautiful prop ever made. I'm a propeller enthusiast, It's my all time favorite part in a ACFT, it turns so true, without wobble. So much precision with a variable pitch mechanism.. and even better , a constant speed governor mechanism into the hub !!

It's my fantasm, if one day I can find a hamilton prop in good condition, I buy it and store it in my bedroom !

No man, we just like same good things, radial engines, and the most beautiful prop ever made. I'm a propeller enthusiast, It's my all time favorite part in a ACFT, it turns so true, without wobble. So much precision with a variable pitch mechanism.. and even better , a constant speed governor mechanism into the hub !!

It's my fantasm, if one day I can find a hamilton prop in good condition, I buy it and store it in my bedroom !

Seems we do have similar interests. :) Since you mentioned it, I decided to find out how much any Hamilton Std. prop would cost. I found they run from $3,500 to $20,00 used. Pricey!

It's a custom dataref that was coded in Gizmo.

The dataref is:

LES/DC3/bathroom/hygeine/toilet_paper/unroll

:P

Is there one to tell men to put the toilet seat in the down position after using?

Let me guess - "LES/DC3/bathroom/hygiene/leave_it_down_buster_or_youre_not_getting_any_2nite"

Edited by Nicola_M
  • Upvote 2

Lol guys, how can you imagine put some shit in that marvelous DC-3 !! Keep it "Blender rendered" clean please ;-)

I'm interested about versions. As we are close ( I hope in about one month ) to release, could you talk a bit about versions ?

I mean will be there C-47 with D-Day skins etc .. ?

Regards,Valentin

Seems Lucasz may be going too far! Just kidding....

I'm interested about versions. As we are close ( I hope in about one month ) to release, could you talk a bit about versions ?

I mean will be there C-47 with D-Day skins etc .. ?

Regards,Valentin

Indeed I would like to see some C-47 variant renders as well. post-5078-0-78598400-1320522101_thumb.jp A paint like that would be a fitting addition to the livery list too ;).

-NR

I hoped an Air Atlantique livery might show up eventually, esp considering they were the last DC-3s operating here in the UK out of Coventry until a year or so back, before Health & Safety declared they were too old for passenger service (unless the owners paid for an expensive extra certificate, which would "suddenly" deem them airworthy and passenger-worthy enough to continue) and that was that. No more DC3s flying anywhere in the UK.

I think one of them went to Buffalo.

We have a few things planned with regards to versions. The fully detailed version is, shall we say, extremely high polygon. I have been assured that x plane can burn up to 800 000 polygons quite easily. The fully detailed version of the DC-3 is a little above that. The un-optimized mesh had about 1.4 million polygons. I have cut quite a bit off that number. So, in saying that, there will be a high poly model and a low poly model (Where I'll take out the Flight crew rest area, bathroom objects, galley, etc...)

I'm still deciding what I'm going to do with the float version. Whether I'll include it in the original package at a slightly higher cost or make it available as a separate "upgrade". There is a bit of extra work that has to be done to the float version. More objects, extra textures, animations and also adjustments to the flight model. These are all still up in the air and will be discussed in the coming weeks among Cameron and myself. There are a couple of differences between the passenger DC-3 and the C-47. Most notably, the tail section. But that shouldn't be too difficult to change.

I'll keep the updates coming in the next few weeks.

Edited by Goran_M

Looking forward, really, as never before for an fixed wing ACF.

The other one that I've waited so much was the XPFR B-17 !

But its a high quality for a freeware, but I would love to see my favorite ACF ( the B-17 ) made by you, with ultra detailed interior etc..

Maybe one day ?

Looking forward, really, as never before for an fixed wing ACF.

The other one that I've waited so much was the XPFR B-17 !

But its a high quality for a freeware, but I would love to see my favorite ACF ( the B-17 ) made by you, with ultra detailed interior etc..

Maybe one day ?

Khamsin and Arno have made a VERY nice B-17 and I think it can stand on it's own merit for quite a while. Depending on the circumstances, I will, mostly, not recreate something someone else has done. The B-17, just by looking at it and seeing peoples reaction to it, has had a lot of work put into it. And also, in most cases, imitation is "pale".

Yes, I agree that B-17 is wonderful, but I meant in the future. THey ( K&A ) have made a 2011 era B-17, to make a " up to date plane " after the old Heinz B-17, maybe in 2 or 3 years, the quality standart will have increased a lot.

You have decided to make a DC-3, whereas there is already one, recently updated ( http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=254 ) I guess if you choose that, it's because in your opinion, that DC3 is too old for incoming XP10 high quality ACF, and I agree with that.

So, if the graphical, system, plug ins etc, continue to increase so quickly, in some time that B-17 will be obsolete.

But for now, this is my all time favorite airplane for X-Plane, I think I flew it about 70-75 hours from the 1st April to now ( have to check my flight log ). So,it's definitely a beast !

Now, I'm sure the next plane I'll spend hours and hours will be your DC-3.. I keed watching and watching pictures you sent me, absolutely wonderful.. And everything Lukasz said about it excite me even more :-)

Regards