Update

Hi, I still did not purchase your outstanding 737, you have developed the best x plane aircraft, no doubt it is a 97% the Real bird, one query... How is possible you still not implemented the wingflex in your awesome product? I mean wingflex turns the flight extremely immersive and realistic. Will be included in an upcoming update? Many pilots are asking for that feature, Cheers!!

2 hours ago, Raúl Aubele said:

Hi, I still did not purchase your outstanding 737, you have developed the best x plane aircraft, no doubt it is a 97% the Real bird, one query... How is possible you still not implemented the wingflex in your awesome product? I mean wingflex turns the flight extremely immersive and realistic. Will be included in an upcoming update? Many pilots are asking for that feature, Cheers!!

I dont know what wingflex has to do wtih realsim dont know any pilot that flies a plane sitting on teh wings. Start plane look, oh wings flex cool. sit ion cockpit never see it again.

1 hour ago, Raúl Aubele said:

Then put skis instead of wheels because you will never see them again during the trip 

Or you could just fly the plane like a normal human would do in the real world looking out the cockpit window? That is what we're simulating, after all.

• Like 4

You are right Cameron, any way I will purchase the awesome ixeg but the point is that developers spend many hours in 3d exterior model, passengers cabin, minor details and why not "wing flex"?, why not be simulating  the passenger view too? All other developers have applied this stuff on their models and is beautiful be looking throw the window and look at the wing movement instead of a wing that behave like a paralyzed stick. The level of detail that the ixeg has achieved is something incredible, so I can not understand how this nice touch has not been implemented yet on the wing simulation, just that. 

Edited by Raúl Aubele

3 hours ago, Raúl Aubele said:

why not "wing flex"?, why not be simulating  the passenger view too? All other developers have applied this stuff on their models and is beautiful be looking throw the window and look at the wing movement instead of a wing that behave like a paralyzed stick.

Because IXEG was not about trying to sell you a product with gimmicks to make up for something else it couldn't do. Realistic cockpit simulation is and was the primary concern. To this date there are still essentially no airliners that come close to simulating the actual systems in the way IXEG does.

Wing flex is so minimal on a 737-300 it's pretty much not noticeable. Yet another reason why it was senseless to put that as something to focus on rather than the incredible systems simulation that it is.

• Like 4

The IXEG is incredible is the best airplane for the X plane-11, really the level of internal and external details, sounds and movements of the airplane in the ground are of impressing by the quality. I would like to know if the threads that can be improved like FMS, doors ... etc everything that has already been discussed here in the forum and what is really important for aircraft will be renewed or not? another thing that worries me is the updates of Plane-11 X and its improvements that can affect this aircraft and need a revision will this be done? this aircraft impresses by the quality, unfortunately the quality of the video is not higher than the aircraft I have some hardware limitations and I have this sound problem that I do not know what could be caused this. I like to review this video and notice every detail of that aircraft. https://youtu.be/IVbX_T7HVgw

16 minutes ago, novato X11 said:

The IXEG is incredible is the best airplane for the X plane-11, really the level of internal and external details, sounds and movements of the airplane in the ground are of impressing by the quality. I would like to know if the threads that can be improved like FMS, doors ... etc everything that has already been discussed here in the forum and what is really important for aircraft will be renewed or not? another thing that worries me is the updates of Plane-11 X and its improvements that can affect this aircraft and need a revision will this be done? this aircraft impresses by the quality, unfortunately the quality of the video is not higher than the aircraft I have some hardware limitations and I have this sound problem that I do not know what could be caused this. I like to review this video and notice every detail of that aircraft. https://youtu.be/IVbX_T7HVgw

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm just glad the IXEG is still being developed.  I don't fly it much because the FMC scares me.  Too many times, it  hiccups with a mid flight route, or approach change.  I can't take the stress of sweating out the EXEC key.  For now, other tubes satisfy my airliner simming.  I still have confidence that advances will be made, and pushed out to customers.

Tim

• Like 1

I too was pleasantly surprised with Tom's post.

In the latest update he talks about the succsessful implementation of XP1100 database format into the new FMC. Does anyone know if XP10 supports this or does it mean I would have to upgrade my X-Plane?

• 2 weeks later...

No, XP 11 navdata format has been drastically changed to mimics closely real world format. In fact, you CAN download real world navigation data from the FAA and use that instead of Laminar Research data. I fear the upgrade will be XP11 only, but IXEG stays a very valid craft as is in XP10.

This is probably gonna be met with some nasty remarks, but this is my opinion.... I own the IXEG 737, I enjoy it very much, my frustrations comes to the lack of updates. It has been a couple years (yes years , not days , not months) Hold is still not there and cabin doors yet to open. Fair to critique? Yes I believe so. Yes I know the cabin doors are eye candy, but is something that others have been able to accomplish and virtually all payware at comparable price certainly have this. The FMC Hold is a long time coming and not something , in my opinion , should take this long. We are speaking years , ladies and gentleman. 

Aside from the above remarks, I have nothing but admiration for the plane. It is a real joy to fly and has given me hours and hours of enjoyment. Sad that I don't fly it as much I once did. I have purchased many, many payware items. To the fine folks that have made this plane available, I say , time to get some stronger coffee, get off your duff, and address these two issues please.

Yes, my avatar is listed as "NEWBIE", no I normally don't comment on message boards. I do use them to seek information. I am not a real pilot and therefore don't think I have much to offer that would be helpful, I leave that to the other fine folks who know what they are talking about. I have owned the IXEG for a considerable amount of time, and flight simming has been a hobby for many , many , years. Thought I would address this, before any bashing about status should begin.

Edited by smokey43
Addition
  • Upvote 2

To me I am captivated and immersed as soon as I load this plane up. I much rather realistic systems and flight dynamics over eye candy any day and this delivers. I have done loads of flights in it having only had one problem the other day flying into LOWI, I had to go around and all of a sudden the flaps appeared to not work, the lever wouldnt move but they visually moved, still I couldn't get to approach speed without stalling :/ .. Other than that this is my go to plane.

There are, I'm sure some things that need to be ironed out system and navigational equipment wise (FMC) but I can wait for that.. Really would love to hear some FMOD sounds in this bird as well.

Just tested the auto land and it works a treat :D I love it when stuff works.. I usually land manually but It's nice to know that in an occasion where visibility is horrible, I feel I can trust this bird to get me down safely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vanadeo said:

Really would love to hear some FMOD sounds in this bird as well.

This is coming, but I think people over-hype what FMOD is or does. I really don't anticipate much a difference in what you hear vs what's in there now simply because we created a 3D sound engine prior to FMOD being available. Aside from just becoming cohesive in the X-Plane world with FMOD, I think you shouldn't get too overly excited about FMOD sounds on this product. :)

• Like 1

And I would have to say that the 3D sound engine is excellent in the aircraft, very immersive. But you know, a second polish will always look better than the first. After one hour of flying you begin to hear the loop So that's why I am excited for the FMOD update as for everything else I have used with FMOD is flawless.

I am not bashing the product though, I like to think I'm talking up to it and I am Excited in the development of it and very patient as well. So yeah I just feel like that post above is a bit of a cynical  reaction to ones excitement in the development of such a great addon .. you know.. Sorry. Any update is a good update no matter how small it is.

And I would have to say that the 3D sound engine is excellent in the aircraft, very immersive. But you know, a second polish will always look better than the first. After one hour of flying you begin to hear the loop So that's why I am excited for the FMOD update as for everything else I have used with FMOD is flawless.

I am not bashing the product though, I like to think I'm talking up to it and I am Excited in the development of it and very patient as well. So yeah I just feel like that post above is a bit of a cynical  reaction to ones excitement in the development of such a great addon .. you know.. Sorry. Any update is a good update no matter how small it is.

Not so much cynicism as much as realism. It's not like the sound samples are going to change.

I agree that any update is better than the last (we hope), but I'm not going to over hype anything. I want people to understand that FMOD does not always equate to some magical new doors being opened!

Hi,

After a long time I just flew the 733 again, this time in VR.  Truly a great aircraft.  But.... What was really apparent was the lack of mouse wheel scrolling.  The XP10 style of grab and pull is even more difficult in VR and really outdated by today's standards.

Hopefully mouse wheel scrolling will be implemented at the next update, if there ever is one. Sorta lost my hope in that respect.

Hi,
After a long time I just flew the 733 again, this time in VR.  Truly a great aircraft.  But.... What was really apparent was the lack of mouse wheel scrolling.  The XP10 style of grab and pull is even more difficult in VR and really outdated by today's standards.
Hopefully mouse wheel scrolling will be implemented at the next update, if there ever is one. Sorta lost my hope in that respect.

Then why post your hopes if you've lost hope?

Time to stop being dramatic, people. There's plenty of recent info about what's to come. Let's focus on that rather than passively throwing meaningless comments out there.