SkyMaxx Pro 2.1.1 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 2.1.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Clouds viewed through transparent surfaces (cockpit glass, rotor blades, etc) will blend properly with terrain, if the model with transparency was properly modeled. Converted FSX aircraft for example may still have issues, but they would have the same problems with default clouds. 2.1.1's clouds should work as well as default clouds in this respect.
  • The "overcast quality" setting will now affect stratus clouds as well.
  • Stratus clouds are now allowed to be at ground level
  • Stratus clouds with medium or high overcast quality will use soft particles for terrain blending
  • Performance is improved when the sun is in view
  • Lightning is less frequent, and thinner, in cumulonimbus clouds.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 8

This is actually an important update to get for folks who like to practice IFR conditions. If you set the "overcast quality" setting in SkyMaxx Pro's configuration to medium or high, low stratus clouds and ground fog will be represented quite nicely in SkyMaxx Pro 2.1.1.

It also gives a noticeable performance boost when the sun is in view.

Thanks to our beta testing team for making this a solid release.

Edited by sundog
  • Upvote 2

SkyMaxx Pro doesn't do anything with rain, and never did. You're just seeing X-Plane's default rain.

in sky max there is a big difference in rain

in default engine rain is all over the window, in skymax the rain can't pass over the cloud, and it seems like the cloud are PAINTED on the glass of the plane

the engine cannot draw the rain over the cloud, with skymaxx we can see rain only in the space beetween clouds, with a very bad effect

after several test i noticed other problem

if i put stratus from 00000 to 40000 i got clouds only from 00000 to 10, 15k, over 15000 feet the sky is almost free of clouds

to fix i have to put 2 stratus level of cloud, but with overcast set to med or high i got only 25 fps, when witout clouds in the same situation i got 60 fps stable

this is the only 3 problem i found

rain

fps

stratus don't fill all the sky but only 10, 15k feet

You would never see a stratus cloud 40km thick in real life.

Drawing clouds will always be slower than not drawing clouds. If you need some extra performance, try reducing the cloud draw distance and cloud detail settings in the Skymaxx Pro configuration screen.

I can confirm fps is NOT your faults, lot of clouds = slow fps also with default cloud engine, so we can check out fps from My List

After this, i think that if i set up stratus from 0 to 40 i should See clouds until 40k, like default engine does.. don't you think? :)

And The rain... i Will make a video you Will agree with me on rain :)

Edited by Viper04

I can confirm fps is NOT your faults, lot of clouds = slow fps also with default cloud engine, so we can check out fps from My List

After this, i think that if i set up stratus from 0 to 40 i should See clouds until 40k, like default engine does.. don't you think? :)

And The rain... i Will make a video you Will agree with me on rain :)

0 to 40 is not even close to realistic. We aren't going to invest time in something like that.

And The rain... i Will make a video you Will agree with me on rain

That's not necessary. I never noticed before and nobody's ever complained about it before either, but you are right that rain particles can't be seen in front of clouds. Unfortunately I don't think it's something we can fix given X-Plane's SDK.

0 to 40 is not even close to realistic. We aren't going to invest time in something like that.

Totally agree. I feel no need to simulate fabricated, unrealistic conditions. If we did allow you to set up a 40km-thick volumetric cloud, it would kill performance and probably crash most systems as well due to memory exhaustion. We're not going to change anything there.

"How a Book from 1961 Makes Realistic Virtual Reality Skies"

Hey thanks for digging that old post up Ben! The research that went into SilverLining (the engine that powers SkyMaxx Pro) was a lot of fun, and it's some pretty hardcore stuff. I even went and got accepted into the American Meteorological Society to get access to more research. But yeah, when I say 40km-high stratus clouds don't exist, I'm not just making that up. Normally they don't even exist above 2km.

• Upvote 1

Viper I think SkyMAXX should make me dinner also and wash my car.........

Patience and an understanding of the SDK will provide you with all you need to know right now....... 

The default weather engine only allows for 3 cloud layers and thats all we have access to.........

my friend, language is a problem, im not talking abaout the 3 block of the option XD

as far as, this is not a big issue, it can be bypassed by other option :)

the only big big big big big problem is the rain, i don't want to took off washing cars from you :) and i don't want an istant fix, i only think that we are here to talk and to write the problems with the plugin, im not attacking anyone and i have patience XD

Edited by Viper04

That's not necessary. I never noticed before and nobody's ever complained about it before either, but you are right that rain particles can't be seen in front of clouds. Unfortunately I don't think it's something we can fix given X-Plane's SDK.

i cannot believe this, no one and also you don't notice this?? cm on......

the rain in xplane is the worst rain in videogame from winning eleven 2

with this bug is also worst... is unplayable in some situation....

Edited by Viper04

i have done other test, i found other 2 issue (i think that is a issue, maybe it's some option to change)

* clouds change randomly in the flight, the meteo refresh sometimes and clouds change position without any reason,

* the radar on the plane show me the clouds, but the turbolenc and the clouds aren't where the radar show me, but in other place

thank you for the answer

regards 

Edited by Viper04

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic